Edited Date/Time 5/11/2018 9:48am
Just curious but does anyone know if Stankdog is going to be
running the 125 at the nationals this year? I could totally
see him just doing the special 125 races but his Vurbmoto videos
from Tom Journet a few years ago were epic! Cool
|
husky125
5/7/2018 11:34am
I sure hope he does! My wife is always complaining I wear my 2-Stankin T-shirt too often but it's one of my favorites!
I'll buy more if it helps him get to the races on a 125.
mxb2
5/7/2018 11:42am
husky125 wrote:
I sure hope he does! My wife is always complaining I wear my 2-Stankin T-shirt too often but it's one of my favorites! I'll buy more...
I sure hope he does! My wife is always complaining I wear my 2-Stankin T-shirt too often but it's one of my favorites!
I'll buy more if it helps him get to the races on a 125.
Why not just send him $$. Or start a go fund me for him. ?
500guy
5/7/2018 11:45am
it's like asking a PGA tour Professional to show up and use equipment from the 80's

Entertaining yes, if you like watching someone beat their head against a wall.
mxb2
5/7/2018 11:51am
500guy wrote:
it's like asking a PGA tour Professional to show up and use equipment from the 80's Entertaining yes, if you like watching someone beat their head...
it's like asking a PGA tour Professional to show up and use equipment from the 80's

Be careful..lol.

The Shop

JBecker 72
5/7/2018 11:51am
I hope he shows up on a competitive four stroke, gets results, and potentially gets a better paying ride out of the deal.

And I also have my girl on me for wearing my Stankdog shirt too often.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/7/2018 11:52am
I'd like to see him give it a go on the 250sx. He'd at least be a little more competitive compared to the 125.

Either way I'm a fan.
B DUB 333
5/7/2018 11:55am
500guy wrote:
it's like asking a PGA tour Professional to show up and use equipment from the 80's Entertaining yes, if you like watching someone beat their head...

You obviously golf, is there really that big of a difference between the new clubs, balls, and the older stuff? I could see it in the balls and maybe the woods/drivers but isn't a nine iron a nine iron?
B DUB 333
5/7/2018 11:56am
And stank dog should rip a 250, I would think there more of a horsepower gap between a 125 / 250 than a hopped up 250 / 450 maybe I'm wrong...
mxb2
5/7/2018 11:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'd like to see him give it a go on the 250sx. He'd at least be a little more competitive compared to the 125. Either way...
I'd like to see him give it a go on the 250sx. He'd at least be a little more competitive compared to the 125.

Either way I'm a fan.
He will.ride whatever is free. I guarantee if he buys the bikes, it wont be a smoker.
huck
5/7/2018 12:51pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
You obviously golf, is there really that big of a difference between the new clubs, balls, and the older stuff? I could see it in the...
You obviously golf, is there really that big of a difference between the new clubs, balls, and the older stuff? I could see it in the balls and maybe the woods/drivers but isn't a nine iron a nine iron?
a 9 iron is as much of a 9 iron from 20 years ago... as a shock is the same as a shock from 20 years ago...
BigDaddyG
5/7/2018 1:06pm
Stankdog gets free bikes, doesn’t matter the stroke!
5/7/2018 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 1:09pm
Better question: If Arenacross is actually folding, as seems to be public knowledge, will Stankdog try to pursue SX next season?? Wonder if the Babbitt's team has any intention of putting together a 250 effort for next year..
mxb2
5/7/2018 1:23pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Reed pays, stankdog free. Lol. Makes sense. . If stankdog was paying, bet it would be a 4 stroke.
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
5/7/2018 2:49pm
If I knew I was going to get beat pretty bad, it might as well be on a lesser machine. That way I'd have a better excuse.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/7/2018 3:36pm
500guy wrote:

How many people would know who "Stank Dog" was if it wasn't for his 125 exploits? I know some follow Arenacross where he's had success, but doubt he would have as much of a following if it wasn't for his 125 rides
bowser977
5/7/2018 5:13pm
People need to give up on the whole 2 stroke thing. For gods sake no one is going to race one unless it's for fun or a one off thing.
KMC440
5/7/2018 5:48pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
You obviously golf, is there really that big of a difference between the new clubs, balls, and the older stuff? I could see it in the...
huck wrote:
a 9 iron is as much of a 9 iron from 20 years ago... as a shock is the same as a shock from 20 years...
a 9 iron is as much of a 9 iron from 20 years ago... as a shock is the same as a shock from 20 years ago...
Cracks me up when the hushed announcer says

"... about 205 to the flag .... looks like a 6iron from here ..."

Shit my 6'll go 160 if I'm lucky 168 if I flush it!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/7/2018 5:50pm
Better question: If Arenacross is actually folding, as seems to be public knowledge, will Stankdog try to pursue SX next season?? Wonder if the Babbitt's team...
Better question: If Arenacross is actually folding, as seems to be public knowledge, will Stankdog try to pursue SX next season?? Wonder if the Babbitt's team has any intention of putting together a 250 effort for next year..
Heard they (Babbitt's) will be going to GNCC instead.
BigDaddyG
5/7/2018 5:51pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Reed pays, stankdog free. Lol. Makes sense. . If stankdog was paying, bet it would be a 4 stroke.
Yeah, I don’t buy into Reed paying for bikes.... I know plenty of privateers getting free bikes (none on huskys though) and even a few junior riders that are fast as hell and will be pro in the future getting free bikes.
5/7/2018 6:00pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Yeah, I don’t buy into Reed paying for bikes.... I know plenty of privateers getting free bikes (none on huskys though) and even a few junior...
Yeah, I don’t buy into Reed paying for bikes.... I know plenty of privateers getting free bikes (none on huskys though) and even a few junior riders that are fast as hell and will be pro in the future getting free bikes.
Look at all his Husky's.... Not a single Husqvarna logo anywhere. There's a reason for that...

Race bike officially ready to rip?? @thereal_goose crushed it

A post shared by Chad Reed (@crtwotwo) on Jan 5, 2018 at 11:12am PST

Black/Chrome for the weekend @factoryeffex crushing it again ??

A post shared by Chad Reed (@crtwotwo) on Apr 6, 2018 at 5:02pm PDT

OldYZRider1
5/7/2018 6:08pm
bowser977 wrote:
People need to give up on the whole 2 stroke thing. For gods sake no one is going to race one unless it's for fun or...
People need to give up on the whole 2 stroke thing. For gods sake no one is going to race one unless it's for fun or a one off thing.
Well he outta just try and score an Alta and race in Canada's pro series this summer. Then he'll have a leg up on everyone here next year when the Japanese roll out their electric MX bikes and the sport drops the IC bikes.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/7/2018 6:26pm
Funny how some people on here get their panties in such a wad over others liking 2-strokes in pro racing. The cc limits are a joke and seeing a guy out there obviously down on power but still giving it a go and having a good time is awesome. It’s awesome because it displays how idiotic the cc rules are, it sounds awesome and he embodies the idea that there’s more to racing motocross than just race results. You can get 18th and nobody knows you’re there or you can get 24th and have thousands of people cheering you on each lap. Which would you choose and which would make you more marketable?

How many guys around Stankdog’s skill/speed are making a better living than him outdoors? How many guys have gotten top 20 outdoors yet still found themselves broke and without a ride next season?
bowser977
5/7/2018 6:31pm
731chopper wrote:
Funny how some people on here get their panties in such a wad over others liking 2-strokes in pro racing. The cc limits are a joke...
Funny how some people on here get their panties in such a wad over others liking 2-strokes in pro racing. The cc limits are a joke and seeing a guy out there obviously down on power but still giving it a go and having a good time is awesome. It’s awesome because it displays how idiotic the cc rules are, it sounds awesome and he embodies the idea that there’s more to racing motocross than just race results. You can get 18th and nobody knows you’re there or you can get 24th and have thousands of people cheering you on each lap. Which would you choose and which would make you more marketable?

How many guys around Stankdog’s skill/speed are making a better living than him outdoors? How many guys have gotten top 20 outdoors yet still found themselves broke and without a ride next season?
The dude isn't making more than California minimum wage finishing 20th on a 125.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/7/2018 6:35pm
bowser977 wrote:
The dude isn't making more than California minimum wage finishing 20th on a 125.
Okay and how many guys finishing 20-30th place outdoors are?
macz400
5/7/2018 7:37pm
731chopper wrote:
Funny how some people on here get their panties in such a wad over others liking 2-strokes in pro racing. The cc limits are a joke...

Well said Chance! I feel the same way! I must have watched his Motosport outdoor series videos a few times each. Cool dude and good for the sport.
mxb2
5/7/2018 8:07pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Yeah, I don’t buy into Reed paying for bikes.... I know plenty of privateers getting free bikes (none on huskys though) and even a few junior...
X2, until i see a invoice. I dont believe it either. Lol. Its a tax write off also. So basically they are free.
BobPA
5/7/2018 8:10pm
mxb2 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
X2, until i see a invoice. I dont believe it either. Lol. Its a tax write off also. So basically they are free.
You clearly do not understand the whole "write off" thing...
mxb2
5/7/2018 8:12pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
You clearly do not understand the whole "write off" thing...
Ok, if he can prove it was used for employment . Yes. He can.
jeffro503
5/7/2018 8:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Billy....haha , that really isn't how a business tax write off works. Sort of though. Bottom line is....a shop could have given him bikes , although I haven't seen any retailers listed any where on any of his stuff. But.....with what it takes to do the whole series , with what he has.....the bikes are a drop in the bucket. Sure a lot of those hop-up parts are given to him.
jeffro503
5/7/2018 8:15pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
One other thing....." Free bikes " are actually considered demo bikes and Jared gives them back to motosports at the end of the season. He doesn't own them.

Post a reply to: Stankdog and the 125?

The Latest