Stand By For News On Tomac

toroP
2/4/2018 9:59am
karsmakers wrote:
Eli has a new sponsor...Life alert..."I've fallen and I can't get up"
Thank you
2/4/2018 10:08am
Barcia rode great. Eli is a headcase and has been struggling with injuries. He's no Dungey/RV/Ricky/Chad/James... he's just a guy with great speed at times, and...
Barcia rode great.

Eli is a headcase and has been struggling with injuries. He's no Dungey/RV/Ricky/Chad/James... he's just a guy with great speed at times, and a poor mental game. End of story. Enjoy him for what he is while he's here.
MXD wrote:
You say [b]"he's no James he's just a guy with great speed at times, and a poor mental game. End of story. Enjoy him for what...
You say "he's no James he's just a guy with great speed at times, and a poor mental game. End of story. Enjoy him for what he is while he's here" but that pretty much describes James to a T.
Considering this country still very much struggles with race issues, and that the MX community is still very accepting of racism, NEVER question Bubba’s mental game.

He overcame adversity you likely wouldn’t even acknowledge exists.

Did he create a lot of his own self inflicted adversity? Definitely. So has EVERY other past champ that got into the party scene. Yet somehow their mental strength is never questioned.
TeamGreen
2/4/2018 10:11am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 10:12am
Barcia rode great. Eli is a headcase and has been struggling with injuries. He's no Dungey/RV/Ricky/Chad/James... he's just a guy with great speed at times, and...
Barcia rode great.

Eli is a headcase and has been struggling with injuries. He's no Dungey/RV/Ricky/Chad/James... he's just a guy with great speed at times, and a poor mental game. End of story. Enjoy him for what he is while he's here.
MXD wrote:
You say [b]"he's no James he's just a guy with great speed at times, and a poor mental game. End of story. Enjoy him for what...
You say "he's no James he's just a guy with great speed at times, and a poor mental game. End of story. Enjoy him for what he is while he's here" but that pretty much describes James to a T.
Considering this country still very much struggles with race issues, and that the MX community is still very accepting of racism, NEVER question Bubba’s mental game...
Considering this country still very much struggles with race issues, and that the MX community is still very accepting of racism, NEVER question Bubba’s mental game.

Did he create a lot of his own self inflicted adversity? Definitely. So has EVERY other past champ that got into the party scene. Yet somehow their mental strength is never questioned.
Ouch

Ok, let’s not go with “truth bomb”...too played out.
Ummmmmm, let’s see...
Ha!
Got it!

“Uh, oh! Better run! It’s a TRUTH GRENADE!”

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/4/2018 10:13am
pilotdude wrote:
My source has extremely bad cell service at the moment so I have no further info, but I was told he is out for the rest...
My source has extremely bad cell service at the moment so I have no further info, but I was told he is out for the rest of the supercross season. I am only the messenger and not the source. We will find out shortly one way or the other no doubt.
Alright, I'm assuming your source has now made his way back home where he has better cell service so what's the verdict?
BobKerr
2/4/2018 10:14am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 10:15am
This thread is a FAILURE
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
2/4/2018 10:22am
kongols
2/4/2018 10:28am
Would not surprise me one bit.
WhiteTaco
2/4/2018 11:13am
I don’t think Tomac expected Barcia to be there and it startled the hell out of him which led to knifing the front end. Watch it again, you can see Tomac’s sudden reaction.
Camp332
2/4/2018 11:15am
Perused page 1, skipped 2, and 3, still nothing. Am I right?
TeamGreen
2/4/2018 11:18am
OW38B wrote:
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l2YWFUZ7SlcgpZnDa/giphy.gif[/img]
BADA-BOOM!
Katoomey
2/4/2018 11:19am
Yeah I didn't personally think the Barcia pass on Tomac was too bad, as above it looked to like Eli may have already been losing the...
Yeah I didn't personally think the Barcia pass on Tomac was too bad, as above it looked to like Eli may have already been losing the front. More of a racing incident than anything overtly deliberate.

The Anderson pass on Musquin though was poor. He parked himself across Marvin's exit, leaving the guy nowhere to go .
leaving him no where to go? oh, you mean he did a "block pass"? one of the core elements of motocross racing? are you for real right now?

the idea of a block pass is so they literally have no where to go. how long have you been watching this sport?

you've taken participation ribbon to a whole new fuckin level of pussified madness. ITS A FUCKIN BLOCK PASSS!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
2/4/2018 11:22am
From making him laugh about taking him out to taking him out again, long live the 51
pilotdude
2/4/2018 11:42am
Moto_Geek wrote:
Looks like there will be a "Who will fill in for Tomac" vital post Monday afternoon. ;) Date time stamping it now! Just talk to John...
Looks like there will be a "Who will fill in for Tomac" vital post Monday afternoon. Wink Date time stamping it now! Just talk to John Tomac.
If you taked to John Tomac, that is probably better information than I can access.
Brett_Clark
2/4/2018 12:03pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
Looks like there will be a "Who will fill in for Tomac" vital post Monday afternoon. ;) Date time stamping it now! Just talk to John...
Looks like there will be a "Who will fill in for Tomac" vital post Monday afternoon. Wink Date time stamping it now! Just talk to John Tomac.
pilotdude wrote:
If you taked to John Tomac, that is probably better information than I can access.
Whoa whoa so you had no inside info coming haha?
2/4/2018 12:12pm
Katoomey wrote:
leaving him no where to go? oh, you mean he did a "block pass"? one of the core elements of motocross racing? are you for real...
leaving him no where to go? oh, you mean he did a "block pass"? one of the core elements of motocross racing? are you for real right now?

the idea of a block pass is so they literally have no where to go. how long have you been watching this sport?

you've taken participation ribbon to a whole new fuckin level of pussified madness. ITS A FUCKIN BLOCK PASSS!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

You should probably back off the energy drinks. Or is it roid rage?
TeamGreen
2/4/2018 12:14pm
Well, if ANY of this is “For Realsies”...

Tyler Bowers to the white courtesy phone, please...
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
2/4/2018 12:17pm
Katoomey wrote:
leaving him no where to go? oh, you mean he did a "block pass"? one of the core elements of motocross racing? are you for real...

Don’t you have clutching..suspension tuning or track testing to do? How about some durability? Tongue
pilotdude
2/4/2018 12:31pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
pilotdude wrote:
Whoa whoa so you had no inside info coming haha?
Yes I did, but I think it would be hard to top talking to the rider's dad himself.
2/4/2018 12:59pm
Yeah I didn't personally think the Barcia pass on Tomac was too bad, as above it looked to like Eli may have already been losing the...
Yeah I didn't personally think the Barcia pass on Tomac was too bad, as above it looked to like Eli may have already been losing the front. More of a racing incident than anything overtly deliberate.

The Anderson pass on Musquin though was poor. He parked himself across Marvin's exit, leaving the guy nowhere to go .
Katoomey wrote:

All I really said was that it was poor (as in judgement), otherwise I don't care one way or the other, I don't think you should either... No one's asking for his points to be taken away or anything like that etc. As a viewer I love Anderson's aggression, but I would also be very surprised if Marvin himself looks upon that incident as just another block pass with him on the short end.

In regards to the pass: There's nothing wrong with going in there and blocking someone's line or getting up the inside of someone and taking them wide. Rubbing is racing and all that etc. Hence why I liked the Barcia pass on Tomac, I thought it was quick and assertive. But I raise an eyebrow (that's all!) at cutting across a turn completely (almost to the point where you can barely make the turn yourself) to meeting the rider on exit when he's already committed and accelerating out of the berm. That's the difference.

Motoxdoc
2/4/2018 1:18pm

Katoomey wrote:

IMO it's not a block pass if you don't leave the other rider an opportunity to stay on 2 wheels. That's only my opinion and reasoning...concise, one sentence and no epithets. Oh, and I don't feel like anything is wrong with me.
Bret
2/4/2018 1:44pm
I hope that a good number of you of you never, ever, serves on a jury.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
2/4/2018 2:45pm
Barcia rode great.

MXD wrote:
Considering this country still very much struggles with race issues, and that the MX community is still very accepting of racism, NEVER question Bubba’s mental game...

You realize that you quoted a post that the second sentence says "Eli is a headcase" and then you go on to
ask why no other champs get their mental strength questioned.
Why bring racism into it? This has nothing to do with racism. Even you have to acknowledge that James himself
said winning is/was not good enough he wanted to (I forget the term he used) demolish the field. That is not a strong
mental game if you're riding for a championship. You go fast enough to win without taking unnecessary risks.
Has nothing to do with being strong mentally in life. Quite frankly life lessons have little to do with winning a SX race.
While the Stewart family overcame many set backs, those setbacks did not give James the raw talent he had.
Black, white, brown, none of those things help you win. Even you have to admit that James was expected to decimate the record books. He didn't because he crashed, a lot. He didn't crash because of his skin color.
Do you remember the interview where RC said his favorite thing was to follow James and rattle him. That James hated it so much, James literally pulled over to a stop for RC to pass him and RC stopped also until James got going again.
I don't think you'll find anybody that disagrees James overcame hardship but this is not the place to bring up racism.
TM
Cygrace74
2/4/2018 3:05pm
All I think of is Unadilla when James Landed on RC and a whole entire turn filled with fans was yelling the N word at him as he rode by.
MudPup545
2/4/2018 3:07pm
So....I had to work the weekend and had to maintain radio silence in regards to Supercross. I just finished watching the race and am too lazy to read all this.....what's the news on Tomac?
Uncle Tony
2/4/2018 3:14pm
Can someone tell me the tomac news? Some how all see is talk of James stewart, or there's no news?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
2/4/2018 3:16pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
All I think of is Unadilla when James Landed on RC and a whole entire turn filled with fans was yelling the N word at him...
All I think of is Unadilla when James Landed on RC and a whole entire turn filled with fans was yelling the N word at him as he rode by.
I remember this one....it caused quite a stir up on the boards too.

Uncle Tony
2/4/2018 3:31pm
Oh ok I thought that looked a little like his mom
mx317
2/4/2018 3:42pm
How did this turn into a James Stewart thread?

Post a reply to: Stand By For News On Tomac

The Latest