Stacyc sold out??

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2019 6:59 AM

Harley Davidson buys out Stacyc and now website says everything is sold out?? Amazon also shows unavailable now. Need to buy another battery. Anyone know where to get on?

|

4/23/2019 7:00 AM

Maybe they bought it and killed it.

Saw an ad on Craigslist for the bike but no batter “just pick up another battery” and you’re good to go. I now know why it was listed.....thanks for posting !

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/23/2019 7:56 AM

Growing pains...they are currently hiring a bunch of people to scale this.

|

4/23/2019 7:58 AM

I bought one a couple weeks before the sale and another bike a week after the sale from my local dealership and their employee told me that he had ordered extras of everything because Stacyc was low on stock. Sounds like a serious case of high demand and low supply to me. I would try calling around to your local dealerships that carry them rather than going directly through Stacyc, you might have better luck.

|

4/23/2019 8:30 AM

They've been low on/out of stock for at least the better part of a year, well before the Harley sale. If anything, it sounds like the sale will be *improving* availability soon.

|

4/23/2019 8:34 AM

We got one a few months ago and since I've got three people that have tried to get one and cant. They have a great product just need to get it to market.

Other cool thing is some of our kids tracks are allowing them to go out with the PW50's for practice. My son is still learning it but really loves the Stacyc so far.

|

4/23/2019 10:29 AM

Saw two of em at Malcolm Smith's yesterday.

|

4/23/2019 12:14 PM

You can still get them. I just bought one a week or two a go.

|

4/23/2019 6:50 PM

I just bought a 16 from a Harley dealer in IL. Stacyc is always sold out...happened last year when I was looking at buying one. Has nothing to do with Harley. They will have more stock in a couple weeks.

The buy out by Harley sounds like a good deal for Stacyc- As I was told the backing of Harley provides them the capital to grow and to protect their patents (if needed)..

|

4/24/2019 4:14 AM

So when I check in with my local HD dealer to ask about it, how do I pronounce it?

|

4/24/2019 4:26 AM

Hman144 wrote:

So when I check in with my local HD dealer to ask about it, how do I pronounce it?

Stay-sick

|

4/24/2019 7:11 AM

For the owners, how fast is the low power mode on the 12? My 2.5yr old is currently on a Strider, but doesn’t totally have the balance down yet. He does take long strides with a little coasting in between before putting the next leg down, but hasn’t went down a hill with both feet up yet. I’m thinking a powered bike might help, given we don’t really have a good hill at home to coast down. Just don’t want it to be much faster than his current walking pace so his legs can keep up. Hoping he can just twist the throttle and it go slowly enough that he can still leg dab until he gets comfortable enough to start picking them up. I may just wait until his 3rd birthday.

|

4/24/2019 7:27 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

For the owners, how fast is the low power mode on the 12? My 2.5yr old is currently on a Strider, but doesn’t totally have the balance down yet. He does take long strides with a little coasting in between before putting the next leg down, but hasn’t went down a hill with both feet up yet. I’m thinking a powered bike might help, given we don’t really have a good hill at home to coast down. Just don’t want it to be much faster than his current walking pace so his legs can keep up. Hoping he can just twist the throttle and it go slowly enough that he can still leg dab until he gets comfortable enough to start picking them up. I may just wait until his 3rd birthday.

Its just fast enough to keep them going but slow enough that its not totally crazy. At first I thought the low power mode was too fast but it has to be to keep them balanced. Teaching throttle control is the name of the game IMO...something that I appear to be failing at with my son. He wants to be like Barcia - WOT or Brakes.

|

4/24/2019 7:52 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

nascarnate326 wrote:

Its just fast enough to keep them going but slow enough that its not totally crazy. At first I thought the low power mode was too fast but it has to be to keep them balanced. Teaching throttle control is the name of the game IMO...something that I appear to be failing at with my son. He wants to be like Barcia - WOT or Brakes.

Thanks. My oldest did the usual training wheels/bicycle before Strider or Stacyc existed, then moved to a CRF50. Like you mentioned you do need a certain amount of speed to maintain balance, and I found he did much better if I just left the CRF in 2nd gear as opposed to 1st. In 1st gear it seemed like he was always falling over. I don’t think my 2.5yr old can totally maintain balance yet, he’s almost there though. I was sort of hoping he could use it like his Strider, but use the motor to sort of power through his stride while still using his legs. Does it roll around freely when it’s off? I guess he could use it that way for another month or 2. His birthday is in Sept, I may wait until then, just afraid he won’t get much seat time in before winter.

|

4/24/2019 8:41 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Thanks. My oldest did the usual training wheels/bicycle before Strider or Stacyc existed, then moved to a CRF50. Like you mentioned you do need a certain amount of speed to maintain balance, and I found he did much better if I just left the CRF in 2nd gear as opposed to 1st. In 1st gear it seemed like he was always falling over. I don’t think my 2.5yr old can totally maintain balance yet, he’s almost there though. I was sort of hoping he could use it like his Strider, but use the motor to sort of power through his stride while still using his legs. Does it roll around freely when it’s off? I guess he could use it that way for another month or 2. His birthday is in Sept, I may wait until then, just afraid he won’t get much seat time in before winter.

Rolls pretty freely while off. My son was using it as a normal strider at 2 years old no problem. Obviously a little bulkier than a normal strider but still worked just fine. And ill second the speeds of it are perfect. Slowest speed is great for learning and maintaining balance. Fastest will make you run pretty quick to keep up. Great bike to teach a kid throttle control

|

4/24/2019 8:43 AM

I also found some people that are modifying the battery cradle to use a Dewalt 20v battery. They’re cheaper batteries and last longer on a charge.

|