Stacked Field

easton
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:42am
When was the last time we had this much talent in both classes.........early 80's? Or do you think this is the first time both classes have been stacked at the same time?
|
ATKpilot99
12/22/2011 5:51pm
Late 90s. MC, Lusk, La Rocco, Albee, Tortelli, Emig, Henry, and others in the 250s. In the 125s you had Kdub, RC, DV12, Dowd etc. Some of those 125 riders I mentioned moved to 250s before the decade was up of course.
andymoto
12/22/2011 5:51pm
Before McGrath there was good comp. Atlanta '90 SX for one comes to mind.
Truman
12/22/2011 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 12/22/2011 6:33pm
I would not want to be racing the 450 class this year.
Here is 25 guys that will be at A1. All of which will make a
Main at some point during the season.

Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
James Stewart
Ivan Tedesco
Justin Brayton
Kyle Chisholm
Kevin Windham
David Millsaps
Jake Weimer
Chad Reed
Brett Mecalfe
Broc Tickle
Nicholas Wey
Andrew Short
Tommy Hahn
Joshua Grant
Kyle Regal
Chris Blose
Jimmy Albertson
Austin Stroupe
Ryan Morais
Jason Thomas
Josh Hill
Kyle Partridge
Mike Alessi
SL91
12/22/2011 6:36pm
Truman wrote:
I would not want to be racing the 450 class this year. Here is 25 guys that will be at A1. All of which will make...

Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
James Stewart
Ivan Tedesco
Justin Brayton
Kyle Chisholm
Kevin Windham
David Millsaps
Jake Weimer
Chad Reed
Brett Mecalfe
Broc Tickle
Nicholas Wey
Andrew Short
Tommy Hahn
Joshua Grant
Kyle Regal
Chris Blose
Jimmy Albertson
Austin Stroupe
Ryan Morais
Jason Thomas
Josh Hill
Kyle Partridge
Mike Alessi
That is an impressive line-up to say the least!

The Shop

jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
12/22/2011 6:42pm
Truman wrote:
I would not want to be racing the 450 class this year. Here is 25 guys that will be at A1. All of which will make...

Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
James Stewart
Ivan Tedesco
Justin Brayton
Kyle Chisholm
Kevin Windham
David Millsaps
Jake Weimer
Chad Reed
Brett Mecalfe
Broc Tickle
Nicholas Wey
Andrew Short
Tommy Hahn
Joshua Grant
Kyle Regal
Chris Blose
Jimmy Albertson
Austin Stroupe
Ryan Morais
Jason Thomas
Josh Hill
Kyle Partridge
Mike Alessi
SL91 wrote:
That is an impressive line-up to say the least!
Josh Hansen might make a main this year
Octane
12/22/2011 8:06pm
Truman wrote:

Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
James Stewart
Ivan Tedesco
Justin Brayton
Kyle Chisholm
Kevin Windham
David Millsaps
Jake Weimer
Chad Reed
Brett Mecalfe
Broc Tickle
Nicholas Wey
Andrew Short
Tommy Hahn
Joshua Grant
Kyle Regal
Chris Blose
Jimmy Albertson
Austin Stroupe
Ryan Morais
Jason Thomas
Josh Hill
Kyle Partridge
Mike Alessi
It will be the same 2 or 3 guys who will rise to the top as every other year.
paul937
Fantasy
415th
12/22/2011 8:12pm
It is indeed a completely stacked field!

I did a similar list but I actually had a few more names believe it or not!! Whether or not these guys can/will make mains is a matter of opinion, but they either have or should IMO.

The one obvious guy you’re missing is Canard; it’s still not 100% that he won’t be there, but I’d say it’s not looking good. Regardless, from the point that he does rejoin the series, there will be one less spot in the main to fight over.

Another one you over looked (presumably on accident) is Hansen.

After that, there’s Goerke (joining at round 2 in Phoenix after hopefully wrapping up a German title), Ben Lamay, Westin Peick, Jarred Browne, and Izzy.

Not to mention a handful of east coast 250 guys that I know are planning to do the west coast 450 thing (mostly privateers, but we’ll see if some bigger names show up).

So by my count (admittedly being a tad generous on some) there are 34 guys capable of making a 20 rider main! That’s pretty darn deep for sure!

It actually gets even crazier when you look towards the front of the pack: I count 21 guys who could/should/have made the top 10, and 12 that could/should/have made the top 5!! As we’ve said before; someone in that group HAS to get 12th! So think about if you’re a guy expecting a top 5 that night, and you wind up 12th! There are gonna be a lot of unhappy top riders this season unfortunately, but that’s what makes our sport so great, right? Only one guy can win each week (and only 3 guys can stand on the podium!). The “fast 5” (soon to be the “fast 6” possibly imho) will be interesting enough to watch, but on my “power rankings” (coming soon Wink ) you can literally throw a blanket over 6th-12th and I can just hear certain fans calling me out saying “ WHAT?!?! You have such and such ranked 12th?!?! Are you nuts?!?!” But like I said, it’s THAT close for that next group (in fact it really goes down to 14th, but I just don’t know that I can call 14 guys capable of getting a top 5 in this field, especially since there were only 5 "other" guys to break into that elite fast 5 club this past season).

On top of all that, after a mediocre year in the 250 class (**disclaimer; “mediocre” depth wise, not talent wise. No disrespect to the west and east champs) the 250 class is back to being crazy deep as well! I count 14 “heavy hitters” on the west (another disclaimer is that we still don’t know exactly who is riding what coast on all teams yet, but some of them are easy to figure out, and others could be a heavy hitter regardless of coast, so it makes it easy to count the players).

Should be another epic season, cant wait! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Paul
IceMan446
12/22/2011 8:12pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Late 90s. MC, Lusk, La Rocco, Albee, Tortelli, Emig, Henry, and others in the 250s. In the 125s you had Kdub, RC, DV12, Dowd etc. Some...
Late 90s. MC, Lusk, La Rocco, Albee, Tortelli, Emig, Henry, and others in the 250s. In the 125s you had Kdub, RC, DV12, Dowd etc. Some of those 125 riders I mentioned moved to 250s before the decade was up of course.
Don't say that....You will have a handful of people claiming MCs records mean nothing because he had no comp!
Old Mate
12/22/2011 8:37pm
paul937 wrote:
It is indeed a completely stacked field! I did a similar list but I actually had a few more names believe it or not!! Whether or...
It is indeed a completely stacked field!

I did a similar list but I actually had a few more names believe it or not!! Whether or not these guys can/will make mains is a matter of opinion, but they either have or should IMO.

The one obvious guy you’re missing is Canard; it’s still not 100% that he won’t be there, but I’d say it’s not looking good. Regardless, from the point that he does rejoin the series, there will be one less spot in the main to fight over.

Another one you over looked (presumably on accident) is Hansen.

After that, there’s Goerke (joining at round 2 in Phoenix after hopefully wrapping up a German title), Ben Lamay, Westin Peick, Jarred Browne, and Izzy.

Not to mention a handful of east coast 250 guys that I know are planning to do the west coast 450 thing (mostly privateers, but we’ll see if some bigger names show up).

So by my count (admittedly being a tad generous on some) there are 34 guys capable of making a 20 rider main! That’s pretty darn deep for sure!

It actually gets even crazier when you look towards the front of the pack: I count 21 guys who could/should/have made the top 10, and 12 that could/should/have made the top 5!! As we’ve said before; someone in that group HAS to get 12th! So think about if you’re a guy expecting a top 5 that night, and you wind up 12th! There are gonna be a lot of unhappy top riders this season unfortunately, but that’s what makes our sport so great, right? Only one guy can win each week (and only 3 guys can stand on the podium!). The “fast 5” (soon to be the “fast 6” possibly imho) will be interesting enough to watch, but on my “power rankings” (coming soon Wink ) you can literally throw a blanket over 6th-12th and I can just hear certain fans calling me out saying “ WHAT?!?! You have such and such ranked 12th?!?! Are you nuts?!?!” But like I said, it’s THAT close for that next group (in fact it really goes down to 14th, but I just don’t know that I can call 14 guys capable of getting a top 5 in this field, especially since there were only 5 "other" guys to break into that elite fast 5 club this past season).

On top of all that, after a mediocre year in the 250 class (**disclaimer; “mediocre” depth wise, not talent wise. No disrespect to the west and east champs) the 250 class is back to being crazy deep as well! I count 14 “heavy hitters” on the west (another disclaimer is that we still don’t know exactly who is riding what coast on all teams yet, but some of them are easy to figure out, and others could be a heavy hitter regardless of coast, so it makes it easy to count the players).

Should be another epic season, cant wait! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Paul
Who do you know or think is riding each coast in the Lites.

Post a reply to: Stacked Field

The Latest