St. Louis James Stewart Interview

Nerd
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:11pm
|
petegrath
4/10/2011 4:17pm
Dude, I don't like to post here until like Wednesday after a race because of all the knuckleheads...

But that was great. Good job Steve.

And for any and all of the a-holes that have been saying James isn't in this, that his heart's not there.... Fuck off. (sorry for the language kids).
kong0036
4/10/2011 4:21pm
Steve probe a liitle harder on his plans for the Outdoors . Is he racing the whole series or jusr selected races

The Shop

CR250Rider
4/10/2011 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2011 4:23pm
This picture says a thousand words...outstanding !

Nerd
4/10/2011 4:25pm
CR250Rider wrote:
This picture says a thousand words...outstanding ! [img]https://static.grindtv.com/images/1/00/35/61/25/356125.jpg[/img]
This picture says a thousand words...outstanding !

I agree. He rode down the start straight, took off his helmet as he rode down this rhythm lane, threw it right past me onto the ground where his mechanic picked it up, then made the 180 before the first triple, and it just came pouring out of him.

That's heart.
spd721
4/10/2011 4:29pm
Its good to see him over come what has happened in the past few weeks but I still don't think he will win the title.
toroP
4/10/2011 5:14pm
How and why did the industry turn this around, to make it as though JS is the victim in some tragedy.
JBDANK
4/10/2011 5:28pm
he deserved it ! very happy for him !!
TerryK
4/10/2011 5:40pm
toroP wrote:
How and why did the industry turn this around, to make it as though JS is the victim in some tragedy.
I was wondering that as well. That said, I'm glad it's all behind him.
kiwifan
4/10/2011 5:44pm
I am not a fan of JS7, but you got to hand it to him, he took a couple of risks to get a gap then stayed at around the same pace as 2nd place to get the win. Good on him and he deserved it.

This was different from previous weeks because he got a good start, when he is behind he takes the riskier moves more often and as a result they sometimes dont pay off. These moves can give him the latest lap but that doesnt translate into a win as we have seen.
4/10/2011 5:44pm
toroP wrote:
He's been the victim of some seriously bad behavior from " fans" of the sport.

He's faced hard core criticisms. With serious racial undertones and overtones.

He had some crashes with others that were his fault but who did he ever go in there to put down?

He gave his everything to be the best at the sport that YOU love and yet you attempt to ridicule him on this message board because Cox wrote a positive story.

Cox wrote of the greatest rider ever winning after a rough stretch who could no longer be guarded and showed us all how important it is, and what it all means and some people want more hate?

He went at it with the goat, in furious battles and got taken down only over the course of a season because he wasn't ready but no one yet has been able to touch him. And now we see he's still got it but some don' like it.

Afuggenamazing....people root for James to crash and not for their rider to be faster.

"their rider" what a joke

And some people even want him to lose because Brooks said hello to them once?
drummer dude
4/10/2011 5:52pm
Props to james on his win. he was long over due. as long as he can stay focused and on the road of the straight and narrow,he will do just fine. heck,he might even win this sx championship. you never know. its been a crazy season..
Mstock
4/10/2011 5:53pm
toroP wrote:
TerryK wrote:
I think the industry did what they should. Take care of their own. Do the same for any guy on the track not just James.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/10/2011 6:10pm
Good interview Steve.

Thought this part was cool.

And to see my dad [after the finish], it was awesome. It was really just special to just see him because he's always been there. He said, "Son, I love you no matter what you do." It was just special.
steve_97060
4/10/2011 6:12pm
toroP wrote:
TerryK wrote:
maybe someone can point out where the industry made him out to be a victim? I seem to have missed that memo..
Brosho
4/10/2011 7:08pm
toroP wrote:
He's been the victim of some seriously bad behavior from " fans" of the sport. He's faced hard core criticisms. With serious racial undertones and overtones...
He's been the victim of some seriously bad behavior from " fans" of the sport.

He's faced hard core criticisms. With serious racial undertones and overtones.

He had some crashes with others that were his fault but who did he ever go in there to put down?

He gave his everything to be the best at the sport that YOU love and yet you attempt to ridicule him on this message board because Cox wrote a positive story.

Cox wrote of the greatest rider ever winning after a rough stretch who could no longer be guarded and showed us all how important it is, and what it all means and some people want more hate?

He went at it with the goat, in furious battles and got taken down only over the course of a season because he wasn't ready but no one yet has been able to touch him. And now we see he's still got it but some don' like it.

Afuggenamazing....people root for James to crash and not for their rider to be faster.

"their rider" what a joke

And some people even want him to lose because Brooks said hello to them once?
EXACTLY but unfortunately there are people out there or here on these message boards who hate. I guess there are some people out there who actually get pleasure from Hating other people. Which I do not understand, because for me personally, hating other people is a sucky feeling. Nothing about it feel good, or make me any better.
MX_Andrew83
4/10/2011 7:12pm
After seeing James on the podium, nobody should question his love for our sport.
Nerd
4/10/2011 7:30pm
toroP wrote:
I'd love to see you cite an example of this.

Maybe I'm fortunate here, but I've had times when I thought things couldn't get worse, and then they got worse, and I've had times when I was able to overcome things and come out the other end stronger than I went in, and when it sinks in, it's like what we saw from James. I think most of us have had these moments, but it's about whether we've allowed ourselves to see the moments for what they are, and appreciate them. And once you can do that with your own life, I think it's easier to appreciate it when someone else goes through it.

Face it, folks, life isn't all bubble gum and diamonds. Sometimes it sucks really bad. Sometimes it's self-inflicted, sometimes not, sometimes a combination thereof, but it doesn't change anything.

Sports matter, in my opinion, because of their relation to real life - struggling with adversity, and then overcoming it. That's why I watch football, for example. It's also why I tend to root for the underdog in just about every sport. Maybe Stewart gets less sympathy because he has almost never been the underdog, but all I'm saying is that if we all look at our lives as objectively as possible, we should be able to find things in it that remind us of what James went through, except he did it in front of 50,000 people and millions on TV.

Carry on.
toroP
4/10/2011 8:16pm
toroP wrote:
Nerd wrote:
I'd love to see you cite an example of this. Maybe I'm fortunate here, but I've had times when I thought things couldn't get worse, and...

Maybe I'm fortunate here, but I've had times when I thought things couldn't get worse, and then they got worse, and I've had times when I was able to overcome things and come out the other end stronger than I went in, and when it sinks in, it's like what we saw from James. I think most of us have had these moments, but it's about whether we've allowed ourselves to see the moments for what they are, and appreciate them. And once you can do that with your own life, I think it's easier to appreciate it when someone else goes through it.

Face it, folks, life isn't all bubble gum and diamonds. Sometimes it sucks really bad. Sometimes it's self-inflicted, sometimes not, sometimes a combination thereof, but it doesn't change anything.

Sports matter, in my opinion, because of their relation to real life - struggling with adversity, and then overcoming it. That's why I watch football, for example. It's also why I tend to root for the underdog in just about every sport. Maybe Stewart gets less sympathy because he has almost never been the underdog, but all I'm saying is that if we all look at our lives as objectively as possible, we should be able to find things in it that remind us of what James went through, except he did it in front of 50,000 people and millions on TV.

Carry on.
Again, my post was not about JS. Did you watch the broadcast. James was emotional, and said himself that he felt like he let people down. Admirable and remorseful. I have respect the message he was sending.
But how did Ralph spin it? He attributed the emotion to the pressure of the championship, not to James' short comings.
Nerd
4/10/2011 8:54pm
toroP wrote:
Nerd wrote:
I'd love to see you cite an example of this. Maybe I'm fortunate here, but I've had times when I thought things couldn't get worse, and...

Carry on.
toroP wrote:
Again, my post was not about JS. Did you watch the broadcast. James was emotional, and said himself that he felt like he let people down...
Again, my post was not about JS. Did you watch the broadcast. James was emotional, and said himself that he felt like he let people down. Admirable and remorseful. I have respect the message he was sending.
But how did Ralph spin it? He attributed the emotion to the pressure of the championship, not to James' short comings.
Ralph isn't "industry". Smile
4/10/2011 8:55pm
The emotion was very humanizing for him. How could you not be happy for the guy? The PR apology is one thing, but this makes it real.
4/10/2011 8:56pm
Nerd wrote:

Carry on.
Well said and totally agree.
jmar
4/10/2011 9:06pm
Very good read Steve.
oldx
4/10/2011 9:57pm
Good read
toroP
4/10/2011 10:06pm
Nerd wrote:
Ah, I wish that were true.Smile
Nerd
4/11/2011 9:14am
Nerd wrote:
toroP wrote:
Ah, I wish that were true.Smile
I don't know, I think it is. He's a broadcaster.

Post a reply to: St. Louis James Stewart Interview

The Latest