Spring Creek to Washougal to Unadilla...WHY?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2021 12:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2021 12:25 PM

Why do they always make the schedule so wacked out with the routing? Why wouldnt Washougal be in line with the California rounds? Im guessing Washoughal could and would accommodate whatever date was needed for the pro national to take place at their track. Am i wrong? This routing from Minnesota to Washington all the way back across to New York is so ridiculous. I dont know why the teams put up with it. Its a HUGE expense and so shitty for the privateers. Would make so much more sense to have the race in line with Pala and Hangtown. Like to make the last 3 rounds go Washougal, Pala, Hangtown...No??? Think about the large amount of money that would be saved for the teams/privateers.... Why dont they protest this?

To relate, i was in a band for a long ass time. If our booking agent booked us a tour with this sort of routing, we'd fire them! You'll never see a band that plays on the East Coast, then on the West Coast and then all the way back to the East Coast...seriously, it's ridiculous. Is there any logical explanation?

We of course dealt with this BS when we had our team for 13 years.

www.motoxxx.com
www.instagram.com/motoxxxofficial

(On a side note, certainly glad there has been an exciting SX season taking place and look forward to the Nationals too)

|

3/30/2021 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2021 4:09 PM

I've been saying this for years. The only way anything in this sport is going to get fixed and expand is if someone comes along and runs a series in competition with the SX/MX series. Said this for 2 decades now. Maybe one day ill have enough funds and some investor support to start a small series. Lol

|

3/30/2021 12:37 PM

Agree. These schedules must change.

Canada does their series in line, the easiest way. The national is the biggest event of the year and there is absolutely no reason for any track to have a conflict. Even with Red Bud on July 4th weekend, that's near the middle of the series and the middle of the country.

I can understand wanting to schedule for the best weather, but the schedules have always been ridiculous.

How can we change it?

|

3/30/2021 12:44 PM

You ever been to SW Washington in May? Pisses rain bro

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

3/30/2021 1:03 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

It does on the east coast too in May.

|

'20 FC450...'19 TC125

3/30/2021 1:13 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Photo

Might want to check Weatherspark.com, bro.
|

3/30/2021 1:16 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

msp332 wrote: Photo

Right, I only live here and see it every day bro

|

3/30/2021 1:20 PM

Paging DC... DC to the white phone, please...

I'm sure the schedule is a massive headache and it isn't as easily changed as one might assume.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/30/2021 1:30 PM

Another year, and another one of these guys complaining. What are you a truck driver for one of the teams? What does it matter to us fans?

|

3/30/2021 1:33 PM

Fun fact: Washougal can only be run on the same weekend as the craft beer festival in Portland ensuring flights in and out are astronomical.

It’s the only way.

|

3/30/2021 1:42 PM

Could be that these events are, like most things in our world, designed to create money. Not a lot of fans would go to a motocross national three weekends in a row, assuming they were all relatively close. But 3 events over a few months, they might do that. They are all in the same place for me. TV screen central.

|

In an infinite universe, anything is possible!

3/30/2021 1:46 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I also live here. Your anecdotal evidence doesn't override recorded data.

|

3/30/2021 1:51 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

visser62 wrote:

I also live here. Your anecdotal evidence doesn't override recorded data.

But BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO laughing

Don't know how you two do it! Born and raised in Salem and moved to the other side of the mountains to escape the rain as soon as i graduated!

|

3/30/2021 2:07 PM

Cause fuck the privateers and fuck you too!

|

RPM Performance
CT

3/30/2021 2:15 PM

murph783 wrote:

You forgot to quote evansteinberg.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/30/2021 2:26 PM

murph783 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You forgot to quote evansteinberg.

Also forgot #neverchangeAMA

|

RPM Performance
CT

3/30/2021 3:22 PM

I wonder if there is an email chain where everyone was waiting for someone to break the ice and then it went off

|

3/30/2021 3:47 PM

Waiting for the DC answer.

|

3/30/2021 4:01 PM

Excellent question that has baffled me for years. Why not logistically routed for convenience?

|

3/30/2021 4:11 PM

evansteinberg wrote:

Another year, and another one of these guys complaining. What are you a truck driver for one of the teams? What does it matter ...more

You are joking right?

|

3/30/2021 4:22 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Fun fact: Washougal can only be run on the same weekend as the craft beer festival in Portland ensuring flights in and out are ...more

Hold up. There’s a Craft Beer Festival in Portland ? Allow my secretary to check my schedule. Photo

|

3/30/2021 4:25 PM

This has been discussed before. Your answers are probably in a post from the past.

|

3/30/2021 4:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2021 4:30 PM

The other million times DC has been asked this, from memory he usually says there are dates certain venues refuse to let go of, or are unavailable due to another event they are hosting. I'm sure he would also love to travel less.

|

3/30/2021 4:31 PM

davis224 wrote:

The other million times DC has been asked this, from memory he usually says there are dates certain venues refuse to let go ...more

Maybe time to go to new venues?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/30/2021 4:35 PM

davis224 wrote:

The other million times DC has been asked this, from memory he usually says there are dates certain venues refuse to let go ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Maybe time to go to new venues?

Some variety would be cool, but people fear change. A year without Dilla, Shougal, or Red Bud seems like sacrilege. What other tracks in the general regions should get a shot that have the infastructure?

|

3/30/2021 4:46 PM

msp332 wrote:

Agree. These schedules must change.

Canada does their series in line, the easiest way. The national is the biggest event of ...more

There is 3 weeks between Washougal and Unadilla...context my friend...context. This thread made it look like Washougal and Unadilla was 3 days apart..

May 29, 2021 Fox Raceway National Pala, CA
June 5, 2021 Thunder Valley National Lakewood, CO
June 19, 2021 High Point National Mt. Morris, PA
June 26, 2021 Southwick National Southwick, MA
July 3, 2021 RedBud National Buchanan, MI
July 17, 2021 Spring Creek National Millville, MN
July 24, 2021 Washougal National Washougal, WA
Aug 14, 2021 Unadilla National New Berlin, NY
Aug 21, 2021 Budds Creek National Mechanicsville, MD
August 28, 2021 Ironman National Crawfordsville, IN
Sept 4, 2021 Pala National Pala, CA
Sept 11, 2021 Hangtown National Sacramento, CA

|

3/30/2021 5:04 PM

I want a night national dammit !!!

|

3/30/2021 5:10 PM

I believe DC mentioned in the past that the County at Washougal is in, can only get that weekend for their permit.

|

3/30/2021 5:39 PM

Believe it or not, I’m sure DC and the promoters know it can be better and are trying their best. A lot of these tracks have permit restrictions or dibs on certain weekends when they can draw the biggest crowds. And Mav, what venues would you drop? Dropping shoug because they have permit restrictions is stupid

|

3/30/2021 5:55 PM

Both of the comments above are accurate in their own way. Certain legacy venues have their dates and it is what it is.
Does MXSports want to subject the teams to unnecessary travel? Not at all. But sometimes it costs some money and time to play in the playground.

As pointed out above, there are three weeks between 'Shougal and Unadilla. A driver, even on on E-logs could make the whole Millville/Washougal/Unadilla run solo and still be legal.

|