Spring Creek MX Periscope!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2015 11:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2015 12:00 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm headed to Millville this weekend and plan to do a few live Periscope broadcasts from the track, pro pits, vip section and even the night life at Millville! If you're bored or eager for the race, check it out! I'm headed to the track in just a few hours.

My Periscope handle is @alexeffertz or if you just search Alex Effertz it should pop up too.

Should be fun! Let me know if there's anything you would want to see on there if you aren't able to make it to the race this weekend. It's like a free behind the scenes pit pass, haha. Just figured it could be a cool thing to do if you had the app and there was interest.

|

7/16/2015 12:01 PM

Sounds awesome...going to have to check this out for sure. Not currently familiar with Periscope. Thanks for putting this up.

|

7/16/2015 12:17 PM

Right on... post up when you're about to go live

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/16/2015 12:19 PM

Starcrossed wrote:

Sounds awesome...going to have to check this out for sure. Not currently familiar with Periscope. Thanks for putting this up.

Yeah, I just recently got the app too. I think it just uses your Twitter account to log in, since it's owned by them. I follow a couple people on there and figured I'd give it a go this weekend if people were interested!

|

7/16/2015 12:22 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Right on... post up when you're about to go live

Will do. If you open up the app and "follow" me or whatever it is, whenever I start a live stream, it sends your phone a notification and you just open it up right there.

You can unfollow me after the weekend or whenever. I don't really plan on broadcasting much after the weekend.

|

7/16/2015 12:32 PM

Starcrossed wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

Yeah, I just recently got the app too. I think it just uses your Twitter account to log in, since it's owned by them. I follow ...more

I have a twitter account from a while ago, but haven't used it to post anything and don't remember the user name I picked. I'll be checking out your activity at the track and will identify myself when I get it running on my computer. Thanks again and enjoy the racing, and the filming. Hope your up early on Sat morning.

|

7/16/2015 12:37 PM

Starcrossed wrote:

i see what you did there.

|

7/16/2015 12:43 PM

Don't wear a funny costume and bug the riders.

|

7/16/2015 12:44 PM

Periscope is going to make things really interesting.....everything on this planet is going to be broadcast for all others to see. Forget about privacy, there might be someone spying on you wherever you go.

|

7/16/2015 12:45 PM

im down to watch!

|

youtube.com/iridea250fyamaha

7/16/2015 12:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2015 12:45 PM

neverwasfastenuf wrote:

Don't wear a funny costume and bug the riders.

Haha! Avoid the Jester hat.

|

7/16/2015 1:00 PM

I'm not a "prankster" or want to bug anybody. It's just for fun.

|

7/16/2015 1:07 PM

Does this mean that there is actually a cell phone carrier that has service at Spring Creek?

|

7/16/2015 1:12 PM

They supposedly put up another tower. It probably won't work race day if they haven't.

|

7/16/2015 1:21 PM

98cr250r wrote:

Does this mean that there is actually a cell phone carrier that has service at Spring Creek?

That's what I was wondering, I have to imagine service will be poor like usual. I'm curious if periscope will cooperate there.

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

7/16/2015 4:23 PM

98cr250r wrote:

SKlein wrote:

That's what I was wondering, I have to imagine service will be poor like usual. I'm curious if periscope will cooperate there. ...more

ive heard of this "new tower" for the last 2 years and service is still shitty on AT&T, hopefully they finally did this year

|

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

If you can't ride good you better look good, thats why I have new gear.

7/16/2015 4:29 PM

Fuck yea. I'm down!!

|

7/16/2015 7:44 PM

Hell yeah, full 4G at the moment. Tested the peri while we were setting up camp and it worked. Down pouring!

|

7/16/2015 7:57 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Hell yeah, full 4G at the moment. Tested the peri while we were setting up camp and it worked. Down pouring!

Hell yeah you got people counting on you now! Haha

|

7/17/2015 2:26 AM

Do you have approval from GoPro, MAVTV, NBCSN and DC to operate the camera and broadcast?

|

Avoiding JS7 threads since 3/7/17.

7/17/2015 5:00 AM

lol you would be that guy....

|

7/17/2015 6:16 AM

"Can't be installed on computers," is the message that I'm getting when attempting to get Periscope on my home computer. Any suggestions related to watching this from a desktop or laptop?

|

7/17/2015 6:22 AM

It's an app for your phone. As far as I know, that's the only platform it works on.

|

7/17/2015 6:24 AM

Periscope is freaking cool. I used it to do a drummer cam when my band played recently. Game changer for Internet broadcasting.

|

7/17/2015 9:09 AM

One Last Comeback wrote:

Periscope is freaking cool. I used it to do a drummer cam when my band played recently. Game changer for Internet ...more

They have had "LiveStream" broadcasts for years using a pc/laptop.......this is just the same thing but from your phone.

More convenient from the phone I will have to admit.

|

"Welcome to Southern California......the mecca of motocross racing." ~ Jason Wiegant

7/17/2015 9:56 AM

Just downloaded the app and waiting for your broadcast!!! Its a pretty funny app, I logged on and watched a guy walking through the hood in DC. He was just talking and walking and it was funny as shit.

Look forward to the weekend.

|

7/17/2015 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2015 10:06 AM

98cr250r wrote:

SKlein wrote:

That's what I was wondering, I have to imagine service will be poor like usual. I'm curious if periscope will cooperate there. ...more

Me 3. Cell service has always stunk at Spring Creek. Which I actually thought was pretty cool tbh.

Anyway, looks like he got a good connection so they must have put up a new tower. I'm sure it was one of those "wink...you need to fix this...wink" suggestions from MX Sports whistling

|

7/17/2015 10:21 AM

One Last Comeback wrote:

Periscope is freaking cool. I used it to do a drummer cam when my band played recently. Game changer for Internet ...more

OW38B wrote:

They have had "LiveStream" broadcasts for years using a pc/laptop.......this is just the same thing but from your phone.

More ...more

Yes, we used Ustream a lot, but this thing allows people to pretty much become one-person walking global TV stations.

|

7/17/2015 4:35 PM

I talked to Andrew Short and Ronnie Stewart earlier but I couldn't get the Periscope to work! Do you guys like the short and sweet highlights or do you want longer streams?

|

7/17/2015 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2015 5:28 PM

aeffertz wrote:

I talked to Andrew Short and Ronnie Stewart earlier but I couldn't get the Periscope to work! Do you guys like the short and ...more

Give us some footage of hotties in the Creek por favor. It's fricken' hot today so I'm sure they're out and about.....

|