Sponsorship question

Lason Conrad
Say a guy gets picked to be on the Red Bull KTM factory SX/MX team, do they get to pick some of their sponsors like clothing, helmets, boots, goggles, or even things like exhaust companies?
|
redrider_714
Fantasy
2268th
6/16/2019 10:52pm
Anything bike related is a team deal, ie exhaust, tires, graphics, bars, etc.. Most 450 teams allow the riders to do their own gear deals, ie boots, helmet, goggles, gear. Although I believe JGR Suzuki riders(450) have to wear Scott goggles as that is a team deal. Also Rocky Mountain KTM has a team deal with Fly for gear and helmets. I think that’s about it as far as bigger teams go. Smaller teams such as H.E.P. Suzuki have team deals for gear as well.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/16/2019 11:14pm
Anything bike related is a team deal, ie exhaust, tires, graphics, bars, etc.. Most 450 teams allow the riders to do their own gear deals, ie...
Anything bike related is a team deal, ie exhaust, tires, graphics, bars, etc.. Most 450 teams allow the riders to do their own gear deals, ie boots, helmet, goggles, gear. Although I believe JGR Suzuki riders(450) have to wear Scott goggles as that is a team deal. Also Rocky Mountain KTM has a team deal with Fly for gear and helmets. I think that’s about it as far as bigger teams go. Smaller teams such as H.E.P. Suzuki have team deals for gear as well.
Star Yamaha and Geico both have team gear contracts as well.....

Monster and RedBull are team sponsors, but many riders also have personal contracts with them too. This was an issue when Stewart went to Monster Kawasaki, while being paid/sponsored by RedBull.

Side note- Damon Huffman’s AXO contract kept him from a Factory Honda deal. Honda had FOX as a Team sponsor and Jim Hale (RIP) wouldn’t let Damon buy himself out of his contract.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/16/2019 11:28pm
langhammx wrote:
Star Yamaha and Geico both have team gear contracts as well..... Monster and RedBull are team sponsors, but many riders also have personal contracts with them...

Monster and RedBull are team sponsors, but many riders also have personal contracts with them too. This was an issue when Stewart went to Monster Kawasaki, while being paid/sponsored by RedBull.

Side note- Damon Huffman’s AXO contract kept him from a Factory Honda deal. Honda had FOX as a Team sponsor and Jim Hale (RIP) wouldn’t let Damon buy himself out of his contract.
And gave him a good bonus for being loyal.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
6/17/2019 3:15am
Anything bike related is a team deal, ie exhaust, tires, graphics, bars, etc.. Most 450 teams allow the riders to do their own gear deals, ie...
langhammx wrote:
Star Yamaha and Geico both have team gear contracts as well..... Monster and RedBull are team sponsors, but many riders also have personal contracts with them...

Was James sponsored by Red Bull when he ride for MEK? I never even thought about that

The Shop

rob162
6/17/2019 6:54am
Kelz87 wrote:
Was James sponsored by Red Bull when he ride for MEK? I never even thought about that
He was sponsored by red bull from the start. When monster came on in 06 I think it was a big deal cause new team sponsor vs James personal contract with red bull that he had for years and still had years to go.

Post a reply to: Sponsorship question

The Latest