Sponsors we might not support...

mjr119
1/13/2018 6:46pm
ricko wrote:
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly...
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly as long.
captmoto wrote:
False. I heard the same bullshit about guns and ammo. No manufacturer is going to change their production to build their own knock off. If they...
False. I heard the same bullshit about guns and ammo. No manufacturer is going to change their production to build their own knock off. If they do, you need to read the fine print to find a different part number. Walmart works on volume and their buying power.
You're wrong on this one pal. I've got family and friends that sell to wal mart. They absolutely have their own production specs. Same name brand...
You're wrong on this one pal. I've got family and friends that sell to wal mart. They absolutely have their own production specs. Same name brand, different product.
This happens all the time. The company I work for specs down product for companies like Costco and TJX. These companies are focused on price points and are always asking to pull costs out of stuff.
iplaybmx
1/13/2018 7:55pm
I think target will sponsor amart and/or jmart when they can get their own sponsors because target is based in Minnesota.
bama205
1/13/2018 8:16pm
ricko wrote:
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly...
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly as long.
BobPA wrote:
I think your tin foil hat has a hole in it
He's right, dumdum.
KDXGarage
1/13/2018 10:00pm
ricko wrote:
Think what you want but there are several tires tread pattern and tire name that are only at Walmart. The manufacturer makes a similar tire for...
Think what you want but there are several tires tread pattern and tire name that are only at Walmart. The manufacturer makes a similar tire for sale under a different name sold elsewhere. I sell tires at our auto parts store, I deal with big tire companies.
captmoto wrote:
I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different...
I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different or lesser quality for Walmart. You know the product numbers will be different. To do otherwise would be fraudulent.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Not too many folks look at the full product number on those stickers on tires. If you get installation, they're gone when you leave the store...
Not too many folks look at the full product number on those stickers on tires. If you get installation, they're gone when you leave the store. And all it takes is to slip a little "W" on the item number somewhere.

The quality doesn't necessarily have to be worse, but generally it's produced at a lower cost in some way. Whether it's actually built at a different, lower cost plant or uses less, inferior equipment, it'd be hard to know.

I know that Lowe's used to get Dewalt tools built just slightly different for them, also. I bought a miter saw and stand from them and when I had issues with it I called Dewalt service to get warranty/replacement work done. I gave the guy on the phone the model and serial number and he said something to the effect of "Oh, that's one of the Lowe's saws."

But Walmart's demands can't be overstated. Manufacturers WILL alter production in order to be involved in their overwhelming distribution. With tires, I could imagine a manufacturer allocating a few days, or maybe a week, each month just for a certain retailer to produce at their specs. Wouldn't be surprising at all.
"Whether it's actually built at a different, lower cost plant "

One of the codes on tires is the plant code.

The Shop

Caldoo_856
1/13/2018 10:55pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Jimmy John’s Italian Night Club Sandwich #9. I did my share of supporting a sponsor of our sport.
That’s what i had for dinner can’t go wrong
BobPA
1/13/2018 11:17pm
ricko wrote:
BobPA wrote:
bama205 wrote:
He's right, dumdum.
"I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different or lesser quality for Walmart. You know the product numbers will be different. To do otherwise would be fraudulent."

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I could not have said it better myself. Looks like you bought the knock off Hooked on Phonics from Wally World. Better luck next time Albert (Einstein that is).....
Bigshow
1/13/2018 11:24pm
I use Gieco because of Gieco Honda. Have used Peak anti freeze since the 90s because of Peak Honda. Have never as much tasted an energy drink and have no plans to try one. I try and support SX/MX sponsors. For tires though I have to go to my own RC sponsor, local tire chain (Joe's Tire) sponsors me to run their name on my RC cars/trucks for racing. They take very good care of me. I run Cooper because they are made in the USA. Maybe some others are IDK.

The walmart thing I have seen proven here on the net. There is a video on you tube about Zebco fishing reels. Part number is different by 1 # and the guy tears 2 reels apart to show the difference between the Zebco reel and the walmart Zebco.
omalley
1/13/2018 11:26pm
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132...
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132 and Walmart had the same exact tire for $87. I’d say there name is a bit misleading lol
Except free flat repairs, they are replacing the valve stem or upgrading the sensor, and most importantly could have been with free no cost replacement tire...
Except free flat repairs, they are replacing the valve stem or upgrading the sensor, and most importantly could have been with free no cost replacement tire warranty. And I’d never let wal mart touch a thing. There is a reason discount tire is the biggest and most trusted tire company.... and they price match...
It was just buying the tires lol. I can’t see how there is such a huge difference in price. But anyways back the original content of...
It was just buying the tires lol. I can’t see how there is such a huge difference in price. But anyways back the original content of the thread
Unsure in this case, but sometimes the difference is in one place quoting tires only, and one quoting the “all in” price which includes mounting, balancing, valve stems, warranty etc. I think that’s what he was referring to.
BobPA
1/13/2018 11:29pm
Bigshow wrote:
I use Gieco because of Gieco Honda. Have used Peak anti freeze since the 90s because of Peak Honda. Have never as much tasted an energy...
I use Gieco because of Gieco Honda. Have used Peak anti freeze since the 90s because of Peak Honda. Have never as much tasted an energy drink and have no plans to try one. I try and support SX/MX sponsors. For tires though I have to go to my own RC sponsor, local tire chain (Joe's Tire) sponsors me to run their name on my RC cars/trucks for racing. They take very good care of me. I run Cooper because they are made in the USA. Maybe some others are IDK.

The walmart thing I have seen proven here on the net. There is a video on you tube about Zebco fishing reels. Part number is different by 1 # and the guy tears 2 reels apart to show the difference between the Zebco reel and the walmart Zebco.
The two products have DIFFERENT parts numbers, ergo not the same product....
1/13/2018 11:36pm
To be fair to Jimmy Johns they haven't completely left the sport, I believe they still support Ryder DeFrancesco on the amateur side of things.

But one time I bought Skullcandy headphones because they were on sale and I recognized them from sponsoring Ryan Dungey.
Premixed112
1/13/2018 11:52pm
Dude for real Bubba burgers are incredible I’ve been eating them whenever I have burgers as well and love them

Ted722
1/21/2018 11:38pm
Noticed the Bullfrog Spa’s logo on Brayton’s jersey this weekend. I’ve had one of their spa’s for about 5 years now and it’s been great. Local support and service has been exceptional as well.
Brett_Clark
1/22/2018 6:04am
Im about to try out a set of general grabbers. Ive always had the best luck with nitto trail grapplers. Usually get 60k plus out of them.
1/22/2018 6:07pm
Im about to try out a set of general grabbers. Ive always had the best luck with nitto trail grapplers. Usually get 60k plus out of...
Im about to try out a set of general grabbers. Ive always had the best luck with nitto trail grapplers. Usually get 60k plus out of them.
Got new tires a few months ago and was leaning hard towards the general grabbers, but decided not to go with them after seeing what they weighed. I know that wouldn't matter to most but with the MPG on my tundra already terrible, the extra weight didn't seem the best choice. Ended up with the new-ish (at the time) Nitto Ridge Grapplers and am super happy with them so far. They've already proven to have significantly better life/less wear than any of my previous Toyo's.
bama205
1/22/2018 6:09pm
BobPA wrote:
bama205 wrote:
He's right, dumdum.
BobPA wrote:
"I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different...
"I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different or lesser quality for Walmart. You know the product numbers will be different. To do otherwise would be fraudulent."

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I could not have said it better myself. Looks like you bought the knock off Hooked on Phonics from Wally World. Better luck next time Albert (Einstein that is).....
You're so clueless you don't even know it. Do you know your own shit from apple butter?

Post a reply to: Sponsors we might not support...

The Latest