Sponsors we might not support...

BobbyM
1/13/2018 8:55am
I put Barums on both my cars from discount smoking deal and great tires. I remember Barums coming stock on euro mx bikes last century.
captmoto
1/13/2018 9:00am
ricko wrote:
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly...
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly as long.
False. I heard the same bullshit about guns and ammo. No manufacturer is going to change their production to build their own knock off. If they do, you need to read the fine print to find a different part number. Walmart works on volume and their buying power.
pmshortt2
1/13/2018 9:15am
I support by drinking red bull and having geico home insurance lol. I used to go to jimmy johns but they dropped out. And waiting to see if Target jumps back in and puts the bullseye on someone’s helmet...

The Shop

BobPA
1/13/2018 9:17am
ricko wrote:
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly...
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly as long.
I think your tin foil hat has a hole in it
tomi30
1/13/2018 9:31am
We are Suritt a new brand of original and colorful watch straps handmade in Europe that are changed in a single click to match with your clothes and valid for any watch (standard watches, and Apple Watch).

We just started a partnership with Joan Cros (he will race some AMA sx races this year) and Jorge Prado, you will see us in his last instagram post. We are working on a special edition with Jorge Prado that will come out soon!

I leave the link here if you want to check it out and give some opinions and support. Smile

https://www.suritt.com/

Forty
1/13/2018 9:44am
Did Target leave the sport when RD left it or are they sponsoring someone else now?
ricko
1/13/2018 9:45am
ricko wrote:
captmoto wrote:
False. I heard the same bullshit about guns and ammo. No manufacturer is going to change their production to build their own knock off. If they...
False. I heard the same bullshit about guns and ammo. No manufacturer is going to change their production to build their own knock off. If they do, you need to read the fine print to find a different part number. Walmart works on volume and their buying power.
Think what you want but there are several tires tread pattern and tire name that are only at Walmart. The manufacturer makes a similar tire for sale under a different name sold elsewhere. I sell tires at our auto parts store, I deal with big tire companies.
mx617
1/13/2018 9:46am
I am on board with spending with those that support the sport, I was bummed about jimmy johns. we started eating there every Thursday. I sent...
I am on board with spending with those that support the sport, I was bummed about jimmy johns. we started eating there every Thursday. I sent an email with a pic of receipt to JJs office, saying how the mx sponsorship is how I found out about them and now we eat there every week.surprisingly a guy emailed me back and said they were pumped on the marketing and return. then, gone lol.
if its at a local race or on a pro team that's what I try to buy or get. same thing I shop local for groceries gas etc. watch what happens when sponsors don't sell...Dry pretty simple.
This is important to, letting the companies know why you're buying there.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
1/13/2018 9:46am
I have Falken at tires on our truck. I drink Monsters for breakfast, Coors lights for dinner, wash my clothes in Surf detergent and smoke Camel cigarettes. I do what I can.

bama205
1/13/2018 10:11am
bama205 wrote:
I used discount tire for the first time lastafter reed was sponsored by them. will use again.
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132...
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132 and Walmart had the same exact tire for $87. I’d say there name is a bit misleading lol
Almost everything is cheaper at wal mart.

If cheap is your goal, I wouldn't even look any where else
1/13/2018 10:14am
I feed my dogs Blue Buffalo grain free dog food.
Panic_Rev wrote:
My dogs didn’t like it. Went back to science diet. What is Knich? I googled them to see what they do after seeing their partnership with...
My dogs didn’t like it. Went back to science diet.

What is Knich? I googled them to see what they do after seeing their partnership with Yamaha and I can’t find anything.
fast willy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/13/237723/s1200_Screenshot_20180113_102420.jpg[/img]

I believe Davi Millsaps is (co-)owner of knich
RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2351st
1/13/2018 10:20am
bama205 wrote:
I used discount tire for the first time lastafter reed was sponsored by them. will use again.
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132...
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132 and Walmart had the same exact tire for $87. I’d say there name is a bit misleading lol
You take that wally quote to discount and they will beat it.
rohleder644
1/13/2018 10:40am
ricko wrote:
captmoto wrote:
False. I heard the same bullshit about guns and ammo. No manufacturer is going to change their production to build their own knock off. If they...
You're wrong on this one pal. I've got family and friends that sell to wal mart. They absolutely have their own production specs. Same name brand, different product.
1/13/2018 10:41am
BobbyM wrote:
I put Barums on both my cars from discount smoking deal and great tires. I remember Barums coming stock on euro mx bikes last century.
I still wish I could find some red rubber Barum tubes. They were probably the heaviest MC inner tubes ever but they never punctured. Hell, the tires were good enough that Cheng Shin copied them and sold about a million.Tongue
yz133rider
1/13/2018 10:41am
I bought tires from discount tire for my s10. $35 a peice for tires with 40k warranty. About 5k on them and no issues. Im happy. So cheap and drive perfect. Small trucks have their benefits lol.
crusher773
1/13/2018 11:17am
bama205 wrote:
But you spend 2 hours waiting at Walmart these guys have you in and out in 20 minutes. Superior service for sure!
APLMAN99
1/13/2018 3:08pm
ricko wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I think your tin foil hat has a hole in it
Walmart definitely has their own "spec items" in a lot of different areas of the store.

Electronics is the most visible I think. They'll have a TV that looks to be nearly identical to one at another retailer like Best Buy, but somewhere in that 10 digit model number is a different digit signifying that it's built to Walmart specs. This is especially true for the things that they use for their Black Friday specials.

Just last week I was tinkering with my snowblower and I googled to find some replacement parts for it. Put in the model number and it came up as a model manufactured just for Walmart in 2006, even though many retailers sold that brand and similar specs.......
iplaybmx
1/13/2018 3:42pm
First time I went to discount tire was for a nail in my tire. They fixed it for free even though the tires were not purchased from there. The last set of tires I bought from discount tire, I went in looking for one brand for 120 a tire. The sales guy said those aren’t good for winter and showed me an all season tire for 135. He sold them to me for 120. Plus free rotation. I will always go there.
wacker
1/13/2018 4:14pm
ricko wrote:
captmoto wrote:
Their volume and buying power can also influence a manufacturer to do the same thing. I have no idea about the tires but heard from someone who worked at a manufacturer of another product Walmart sells that they absolutely have to conform to Walmart's price point and put out a product that matches it. Might have to cut some corners to do so, but if it comes at losing the orders of one of the biggest retailers in the world......
mooch
Fantasy
501st
1/13/2018 4:15pm
KennyT wrote:
I’ve used a discount tire since they’ve been in business. Like someone else mentioned they will price match so you won’t find a cheaper tire anywhere...
I’ve used a discount tire since they’ve been in business. Like someone else mentioned they will price match so you won’t find a cheaper tire anywhere else. The good thing about them is the service after you buy. I recently bought a used Toyota Tacoma work truck, came with Twenty’s and the truck was a dog with them. Called discount and asked them to keep n eye out on some stock wheels/tires that come n on a trade in. Next day I’m down there getting used Michelin’s that had about 100 Miles on them and a set of stock Tacoma wheels. $25 a piece on the tires and same on the wheels. In and out for around $250 total
Thumbs up on Discount Tire! Big plus is they have a 10% military discount on top of their already reasonable prices!

Discount tire can do 4 tires quick enough that they get it done in an hour lunch break from work.

Even with an appointment, Firestone will have you hanging out twiddling your thumbs for hours.

Walmart...would NEVER have them do ANYTHING on a vehicle.

yzken250x
1/13/2018 6:03pm
I put my Nuts Up on the counter. The manager of McDonalds threw me out. Just trying to support our sport
captmoto
1/13/2018 6:14pm
ricko wrote:
Think what you want but there are several tires tread pattern and tire name that are only at Walmart. The manufacturer makes a similar tire for...
Think what you want but there are several tires tread pattern and tire name that are only at Walmart. The manufacturer makes a similar tire for sale under a different name sold elsewhere. I sell tires at our auto parts store, I deal with big tire companies.
I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different or lesser quality for Walmart. You know the product numbers will be different. To do otherwise would be fraudulent.
aeffertz
1/13/2018 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 6:15pm
pete24 wrote:
i bought falken tires for my van cuz i remebered poto pushing them
Double post.
aeffertz
1/13/2018 6:15pm
Same. Actually burn through them regularly though, since my wheels are pretty cambered and they fit the bill for cost/performance.
APLMAN99
1/13/2018 6:36pm
ricko wrote:
Think what you want but there are several tires tread pattern and tire name that are only at Walmart. The manufacturer makes a similar tire for...
captmoto wrote:
I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different...
I agree but the are not an apples to apples comparison. They tire companies would not put out a 205/60-16 Super Eagle tire of a different or lesser quality for Walmart. You know the product numbers will be different. To do otherwise would be fraudulent.
Not too many folks look at the full product number on those stickers on tires. If you get installation, they're gone when you leave the store. And all it takes is to slip a little "W" on the item number somewhere.

The quality doesn't necessarily have to be worse, but generally it's produced at a lower cost in some way. Whether it's actually built at a different, lower cost plant or uses less, inferior equipment, it'd be hard to know.

I know that Lowe's used to get Dewalt tools built just slightly different for them, also. I bought a miter saw and stand from them and when I had issues with it I called Dewalt service to get warranty/replacement work done. I gave the guy on the phone the model and serial number and he said something to the effect of "Oh, that's one of the Lowe's saws."

But Walmart's demands can't be overstated. Manufacturers WILL alter production in order to be involved in their overwhelming distribution. With tires, I could imagine a manufacturer allocating a few days, or maybe a week, each month just for a certain retailer to produce at their specs. Wouldn't be surprising at all.
Lightning78
1/13/2018 6:44pm
Just because we don't know much about them. Noticed the Bubba Burger logo on BB4's shoulder. If you have not tried them before...definitely give them a...
Just because we don't know much about them.

Noticed the Bubba Burger logo on BB4's shoulder.
If you have not tried them before...definitely give them a chance. Been eating them for years.
They come frozen. You cook them on the grill while still frozen...very quick and easy.
Just throw on a hot grill...about 5 minutes each side and bam...super tasty, juicy, delicious.

Be interested to hear about some of the other "minor" sponsors you guys know we should try.
Dude for real Bubba burgers are incredible I’ve been eating them whenever I have burgers as well and love them

Post a reply to: Sponsors we might not support...

The Latest