Sponsors vs Feld

BUTWHY?
Given the recent podcast with Carey Hart on the whiskey throttle show, when does this finally come to a head with the teams and they take a stand? Entries seem rather low for A1, very few private teams seem to stick around longer then 3 years, lots of guys riding for next to free and for what? Because of a platform set foreword by the promotion. I get there has to be structure but when is enough enough?
|
12/28/2019 2:48am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2019 2:49am
GuyB will defend this, for what, I don’t know why. But it’s not a model that promotes mutual growth. Actually it cannibalises itself.
The sport needs this to work better..
BUTWHY?
12/28/2019 3:38am
GuyB will defend this, for what, I don’t know why. But it’s not a model that promotes mutual growth. Actually it cannibalises itself. The sport needs...
GuyB will defend this, for what, I don’t know why. But it’s not a model that promotes mutual growth. Actually it cannibalises itself.
I have my theory, which I’m sure is obvious with his stance.

I really hope Chad is the next guy to throw Feld under the bus when he retires. Could you imagine if Ford was the title sponsor of NASCAR... think they would ban every single other manufacturer?!
KMC440
12/28/2019 4:49am
So Eau Claire Wisconsin is where Menards got it's start and the corporate HQ is. The city decides to allow Home Depot to build on one end of town. John Menards tells the city if they allow it the corporate HQ and the entire Midwest Mfg business will move immediately.

Guess what stores aren't in Eau Claire.

When it's your circus you get to feed the monkey's.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
12/28/2019 6:06am
KMC440 wrote:
So Eau Claire Wisconsin is where Menards got it's start and the corporate HQ is. The city decides to allow Home Depot to build on one...
So Eau Claire Wisconsin is where Menards got it's start and the corporate HQ is. The city decides to allow Home Depot to build on one end of town. John Menards tells the city if they allow it the corporate HQ and the entire Midwest Mfg business will move immediately.

It’s the same reason the Tampa Bay Rays play ball in St Petersburg 30 miles from Tampa. The Yankees spring training facility is in Tampa across from where the Buccaneers play and a few years back the Rays were going to move their stadium into Tampa. The Steinbrenner family (Yankees owner) donates a ton of money to Tampa schools and the police department and threatened to pull their funding and move their spring training facility elsewhere. Now the rumor is the Rays may move to Las Vegas.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2231st
12/28/2019 6:19am
Carmichael was so pissed about the shitty way RCH was treated by the Feld SX series he went right out and got a job
*checks notes*
announcing the Feld SX series...
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
12/28/2019 6:30am
KMC440 wrote:
So Eau Claire Wisconsin is where Menards got it's start and the corporate HQ is. The city decides to allow Home Depot to build on one...

That's just one of the ways john menard does things. And he is a major employer in that area for sure, has some pull I would assume.
12/28/2019 10:45am
If there’s nothing in it for feld then there’s nothing for anyone. Wanna sell t-shirts? NOPE cuz we don’t get any of that money
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/28/2019 10:56am
GuyB will defend this, for what, I don’t know why. But it’s not a model that promotes mutual growth. Actually it cannibalises itself. The sport needs...
Try again, minus my name.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
12/28/2019 12:31pm
What sponsors has Feld taken from the teams over the years?

-San Manual
-Discount Tyre
-CBD Md

Hang on they were all Chads sponsors!

DP seems like the smiling assassin.
Huevos
12/28/2019 3:05pm
motokiwi wrote:
What sponsors has Feld taken from the teams over the years? -San Manual -Discount Tyre -CBD Md Hang on they were all Chads sponsors! DP seems...

-San Manual
-Discount Tyre
-CBD Md

IIRC, wasn't Reeds camera sponsor halted as well? His 360 camera sponsor clashed with GoPro, I believe. I remember the outdoor series having the issue, not sure if it also happened in SX with Feld.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
12/28/2019 4:09pm
When you own your own multi-billion dollar enterprise, you can invite third parties to come in and take however much of your profits you'd like. Simple as that. Feld owns the property known as "Supercross," and they run it in a way that maximizes profit. Excluding competitors of their official sponsors is one way in which that happens. Taking a slice of any merchant's revenues at the venue is another.
cable
12/28/2019 4:18pm
motokiwi wrote:
What sponsors has Feld taken from the teams over the years? -San Manual -Discount Tyre -CBD Md Hang on they were all Chads sponsors! DP seems...

-San Manual
-Discount Tyre
-CBD Md

Monster?

Post a reply to: Sponsors vs Feld

The Latest