Spoke with our wallet (3 wheel content!)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/25/2018 10:38 PM

So a friend and I have raced the Weston super mare beach race in the UK in the solo class, we have always thought that a sidecar looked a lot of fun, so being as compulsive as we both are we agreed we needed one! Then this happened....

The facts are it's a 2009 vmc chassis with a 2008 Zabel 700cc 2stroke engine!

This engine really does sound like nothing else, there is a bit of a knack to starting it(that I don't have yet) Also the fact that it is a left handed Kickstarter makes it pretty tricky!

We rode it for the first time, with both of us never having ridden one before and after riding for 28 years, this is the hardest thing I have ever ridden.

The track was really wet and snotty with a layer of slop on top of hardback base. We really need some practice!

Photo

We realised the van was a bit of a tight fit but we made it work for the way home from collecting!
Photo

I had to modify my bike trailer as getting out of the van took us about 20 minutes and we couldn't shut rear doors for our drive home.

Anyone who works with wood look away now!!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

11/25/2018 11:00 PM

Holy shit, 700cc 2-stroke? w00t
We need a video on that thing!

|

KX125

11/25/2018 11:02 PM

I will get a starting up video! Sounds great!

|

11/25/2018 11:07 PM

Fuck, how do you decide who takes the handlebars and who's the monkey in a situation like that? No way in hell I'm doing either for the first time with another first timer and 700cc's underneath us. Not without already being diagnosed with some kind of terminal illness before hand.

|

11/25/2018 11:59 PM

That's awesome!

I've also raced Weston a few times and always chatted with mates about how cool it would be to have a go on a side car.... fair play for actually making it happen.

Between a bike, quad and sidecar, the sidecar looks by far the hardest to complete Weston on!

|

@russ_69

11/26/2018 1:13 AM

Woooooow, that is definitely cool and different. Congrats. When i saw the title i was expecting a actual three wheeler (250R or Tri Z) laughing laughing laughing

|

11/26/2018 2:21 AM

That pipe would look really odd if there wasn't a death cart holding it up. I'd love to try it though. Funny, I think I'd rather be the guy in the cart so I'm not responsible.

|

11/26/2018 2:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2018 2:29 AM

Congratulations. You're in for a whole lot of fun times on that thing smile (raced sidecar mx professionally in the past)

Looks like a good specimen too.

And yes, 700cc, double spark plug, two strokes makes a shit ton of power and the sweetest sound ever.

|

11/26/2018 2:45 AM

Oh yes... If you think a sidecar is hard work on a motocross track Weston will destroy you... hahaha it’s awesome fun though... Get signed up in the ACU clubman Championship next year, it will give you a little bike time... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

A few shots of my Brother and me at Weston this year.

|

11/26/2018 6:23 AM

Sidecar wrote:

Oh yes... If you think a sidecar is hard work on a motocross track Weston will destroy you... hahaha it’s awesome fun though... Get signed up in the ACU clubman Championship next year, it will give you a little bike time... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Looks awesome fun obviously going to be super tough as we struggled just to make a lap at the weekend!!

|

11/26/2018 10:37 AM

I will use the ' i dont have room for one' excuse ..

|

11/26/2018 1:06 PM

philG wrote:

Buy a bigger garage laughing

|

11/26/2018 1:08 PM

Sidecar wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

bentiggerwyles wrote:

Looks awesome fun obviously going to be super tough as we struggled just to make a lap at the weekend!!

Stick at, once you get the hang of it it’s awesome fun, I have only ridden my solo 3 times this year

|

11/26/2018 1:27 PM

philG wrote:

Sidecar wrote:

If i had room i would build one... will mail you about those forks.. dig them out

|

11/26/2018 1:57 PM

philG wrote:

Sidecar wrote:

philG wrote:

If i had room i would build one... will mail you about those forks.. dig them out

Funny you should mention them, they are dug out... I keep having to move them laughing

|

11/26/2018 2:44 PM

Sidecar wrote:

philG wrote:

Sidecar wrote:

Funny you should mention them, they are dug out... I keep having to move them laughing

i guess i need to come and get them them

|

11/26/2018 4:04 PM

What kind of power does that thing make?

|

11/26/2018 9:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2018 9:17 PM

A fucking 700 cc 2 stroke with a left handed kick starter?How do you fit your balls into your pants

|

11/27/2018 3:19 AM

I've done Weston Beach Race on a solo and a quad and they were hard enough..

Had a go on a friends' sidecar outfit a few years ago and it's the wierdest thing I've ever ridden. I did 2 laps and handed it back.! I bet it's great fun once you get your head round it though.

|

UK based Helmet Painter, www.jlfdesigns.com

11/27/2018 3:42 AM

philG wrote:

Sidecar wrote:

philG wrote:

i guess i need to come and get them them

I believe it's around 75/80bhp but whatever it is it's crazy how it makes power it still revs up quickly enough!

|