Spoke with my wallet (not smoke with my wallet...)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2018 6:47 AM

24 hours after landing stateside from my deployment. Priorities right?! 2019 YZ250F. Now if I could just find a filter to do the first oil change. #newbikefirstworldproblems Photo

Photo

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 6:51 AM

sure is purdy, good choice.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/3/2018 7:02 AM

Welcome home from a 28 year vet myself!

Have fun with that thing out at Canyon Raceway, I grew up in Fountain Hills and love that track!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/3/2018 7:05 AM

Congrats man and welcome home! Thank you for serving our country. Enjoy that beast.

|

8/3/2018 7:08 AM

I'm jealous. I hope to ride one myself soon. Congrats.

|

8/3/2018 7:11 AM

Does it feel much lower than previously?
I saw them in June, but they were rigged up on steel show stands so couldn’t really get a feel for the height difference

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

8/3/2018 7:20 AM

Great choice! youre gonna love that bike.. Although i wouldnt do an oil change till about 5 hours.. so you have a little bit of time..

Im jealous, i really want that bike too.. but instead of spending 8-9k on a new bike im building my kx450 engine to my liking, like a goon.. not after HP, but after engine character before i see all the haters saying i dont need more power.. ha.

|

8/3/2018 7:34 AM

bvm111 wrote:

Welcome home from a 28 year vet myself!

Have fun with that thing out at Canyon Raceway, I grew up in Fountain Hills and love ...more

Thanks man! And thank you for your service.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 7:34 AM

Donovan759 wrote:

Congrats man and welcome home! Thank you for serving our country. Enjoy that beast.

Thank you and it’s my privilege to serve!

|

8/3/2018 7:36 AM

tempura wrote:

I saw them in June, but they were rigged up on steel show stands so couldn’t really ...more

Haven’t rode it yet. But sitting on it, it is definately lower and slimmer. Feels a tad heavier. Excited to see how is feels on the track.

|

8/3/2018 7:37 AM

tempura wrote:

I saw them in June, but they were rigged up on steel show stands so couldn’t really ...more

usafwx wrote:

Haven’t rode it yet. But sitting on it, it is definately lower and slimmer. Feels a tad heavier. Excited to see how is feels ...more

Kinda jealous! I have a 17 husky i should be content but Damn the new bike bug never sleeps!

|

8/3/2018 7:39 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

Great choice! youre gonna love that bike.. Although i wouldnt do an oil change till about 5 hours.. so you have a little bit ...more

Hey man! Yep it’s so new there aren’t any parts yet, bit frustrating. I wanted a filter so I could do a proper break in/heat cycle and change her out before ripping at the track.

Nice man! I got $800 off msrp but it still was a tough pill to swallow. All the new bikes are getting up their in price and used market was garbage here. I’ll have this girl for a long time.

|

8/3/2018 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2018 7:41 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Kinda jealous! I have a 17 husky i should be content but Damn the new bike bug never sleeps!

Right! Forum never helps either same with tacomaworld makes you want to rack up a ton of debt on crap you don’t need.

|

8/3/2018 8:11 AM

Nice, congrats

|

8/3/2018 8:42 AM

getting mine next week! PUMPED.

|

8/3/2018 8:55 AM

|

8/3/2018 9:11 AM

Congrats bud! And thank you for your service!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/3/2018 10:04 AM

The blue rims and head look so good. Congrats!

|

8/3/2018 4:25 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Congrats bud! And thank you for your service!

Thanks and my privilege to serve.

|

8/3/2018 4:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2018 4:27 PM

grunkster wrote:

getting mine next week! PUMPED.

Awesome! I’m still waiting on filters and o rings to do a proper break in. Still bothers me parts should be available when bike is, not the other way around.

|

8/3/2018 4:31 PM

Markopolo400 wrote:

The blue rims and head look so good. Congrats!

I don’t really care for them. I really prefer the way the Honda looks but this is just a better package overall. Plus I’m loyal to blue since it’s where I began.

|

8/3/2018 5:44 PM

Congrats, very good looking bike...you're going to love it. Welcome home.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/3/2018 7:07 PM

Thanks man!

|

8/4/2018 2:35 AM

I got to ride one of those today at my local track, local dealer was out there with his personal bike, brand spanker...
Hes using it as a demo bike out there next weekend, but he said to me today to take her out for a session.
I got around 15 mins on it and was very impressed.
As it sits the forks feel stiffer than the rear but well controlled, we backed out comp on the forks 4 clicks straight away..
The motor was impressive and super responsive from bottom to top .
I reeeeaaallly like the way it handles and the Bridgestone x 20 tyres were perfect for this track...talk about hook up!
You are gonna love this bike mate, but if you are on intermediate or hard pack...change out those tyres,, I noticed they rounded off quite a bit jyst in the 15 mins I put on it.
And dont forget to strip her down and grease everything before you go and get it all dirty...
Happy motos!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

8/4/2018 6:20 AM

I would think the 14+yz250f oil filters would fit....maybe not? Guessing all new air filter though

|

8/4/2018 9:46 AM

grunkster wrote:

I would think the 14+yz250f oil filters would fit....maybe not? Guessing all new air filter though

One would think, but all new engine/cases and new air filter too. Oh well.

|

8/4/2018 9:47 AM

PJRAUS wrote:

I got to ride one of those today at my local track, local dealer was out there with his personal bike, brand spanker...
Hes ...more

Thanks man for the review/feedback! First think I always do is grease and check bolts, etc. Gotta set sag and what not as well wink

|

8/4/2018 10:45 AM

grunkster wrote:

usafwx wrote:

At least the Yamaha catalog I use for our 2018 show same part number for 2019. Best to confirm from dealer though.

Photo

|

8/4/2018 11:02 AM

Thank you for your service. Beautiful bike!

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

8/4/2018 11:42 AM

usafwx wrote:

Damn it. I should have looked harder I know the air filter is way different. Thanks man!!! Dealer here wasn’t much help I knew more about bikes then they did lol

|