Spoke with my wallet (not smoke with my wallet...)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2018 6:47 AM

24 hours after landing stateside from my deployment. Priorities right?! 2019 YZ250F. Now if I could just find a filter to do the first oil change. #newbikefirstworldproblems Photo


Photo

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 6:51 AM

sure is purdy, good choice.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/3/2018 7:02 AM

Welcome home from a 28 year vet myself!

Have fun with that thing out at Canyon Raceway, I grew up in Fountain Hills and love that track!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/3/2018 7:05 AM

Congrats man and welcome home! Thank you for serving our country. Enjoy that beast.

|

8/3/2018 7:08 AM

I'm jealous. I hope to ride one myself soon. Congrats.

|

8/3/2018 7:11 AM

Does it feel much lower than previously?
I saw them in June, but they were rigged up on steel show stands so couldn’t really get a feel for the height difference

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

8/3/2018 7:20 AM

Great choice! youre gonna love that bike.. Although i wouldnt do an oil change till about 5 hours.. so you have a little bit of time..

Im jealous, i really want that bike too.. but instead of spending 8-9k on a new bike im building my kx450 engine to my liking, like a goon.. not after HP, but after engine character before i see all the haters saying i dont need more power.. ha.

|

8/3/2018 7:34 AM

bvm111 wrote:

Welcome home from a 28 year vet myself!

Have fun with that thing out at Canyon Raceway, I grew up in Fountain Hills and love that track!

Thanks man! And thank you for your service.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 7:34 AM

Donovan759 wrote:

Congrats man and welcome home! Thank you for serving our country. Enjoy that beast.

Thank you and it’s my privilege to serve!

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 7:36 AM

tempura wrote:

Does it feel much lower than previously?
I saw them in June, but they were rigged up on steel show stands so couldn’t really get a feel for the height difference

Haven’t rode it yet. But sitting on it, it is definately lower and slimmer. Feels a tad heavier. Excited to see how is feels on the track.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 7:37 AM

tempura wrote:

Does it feel much lower than previously?
I saw them in June, but they were rigged up on steel show stands so couldn’t really get a feel for the height difference

usafwx wrote:

Haven’t rode it yet. But sitting on it, it is definately lower and slimmer. Feels a tad heavier. Excited to see how is feels on the track.

Kinda jealous! I have a 17 husky i should be content but Damn the new bike bug never sleeps!

|

8/3/2018 7:39 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

Great choice! youre gonna love that bike.. Although i wouldnt do an oil change till about 5 hours.. so you have a little bit of time..

Im jealous, i really want that bike too.. but instead of spending 8-9k on a new bike im building my kx450 engine to my liking, like a goon.. not after HP, but after engine character before i see all the haters saying i dont need more power.. ha.

Hey man! Yep it’s so new there aren’t any parts yet, bit frustrating. I wanted a filter so I could do a proper break in/heat cycle and change her out before ripping at the track.

Nice man! I got $800 off msrp but it still was a tough pill to swallow. All the new bikes are getting up their in price and used market was garbage here. I’ll have this girl for a long time.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2018 7:41 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Kinda jealous! I have a 17 husky i should be content but Damn the new bike bug never sleeps!

Right! Forum never helps either same with tacomaworld makes you want to rack up a ton of debt on crap you don’t need.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 8:11 AM

Nice, congrats

|

8/3/2018 8:42 AM

getting mine next week! PUMPED.

|

8/3/2018 8:55 AM

|

8/3/2018 9:11 AM

Congrats bud! And thank you for your service!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/3/2018 10:04 AM

The blue rims and head look so good. Congrats!

|

8/3/2018 4:25 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Congrats bud! And thank you for your service!

Thanks and my privilege to serve.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 4:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2018 4:27 PM

grunkster wrote:

getting mine next week! PUMPED.

Awesome! I’m still waiting on filters and o rings to do a proper break in. Still bothers me parts should be available when bike is, not the other way around.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 4:31 PM

Markopolo400 wrote:

The blue rims and head look so good. Congrats!

I don’t really care for them. I really prefer the way the Honda looks but this is just a better package overall. Plus I’m loyal to blue since it’s where I began.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/3/2018 5:44 PM

Congrats, very good looking bike...you're going to love it. Welcome home.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/3/2018 7:07 PM

Thanks man!

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/4/2018 2:35 AM

I got to ride one of those today at my local track, local dealer was out there with his personal bike, brand spanker...
Hes using it as a demo bike out there next weekend, but he said to me today to take her out for a session.
I got around 15 mins on it and was very impressed.
As it sits the forks feel stiffer than the rear but well controlled, we backed out comp on the forks 4 clicks straight away..
The motor was impressive and super responsive from bottom to top .
I reeeeaaallly like the way it handles and the Bridgestone x 20 tyres were perfect for this track...talk about hook up!
You are gonna love this bike mate, but if you are on intermediate or hard pack...change out those tyres,, I noticed they rounded off quite a bit jyst in the 15 mins I put on it.
And dont forget to strip her down and grease everything before you go and get it all dirty...
Happy motos!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

8/4/2018 6:20 AM

I would think the 14+yz250f oil filters would fit....maybe not? Guessing all new air filter though

|

8/4/2018 9:46 AM

grunkster wrote:

I would think the 14+yz250f oil filters would fit....maybe not? Guessing all new air filter though

One would think, but all new engine/cases and new air filter too. Oh well.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/4/2018 9:47 AM

PJRAUS wrote:

I got to ride one of those today at my local track, local dealer was out there with his personal bike, brand spanker...
Hes using it as a demo bike out there next weekend, but he said to me today to take her out for a session.
I got around 15 mins on it and was very impressed.
As it sits the forks feel stiffer than the rear but well controlled, we backed out comp on the forks 4 clicks straight away..
The motor was impressive and super responsive from bottom to top .
I reeeeaaallly like the way it handles and the Bridgestone x 20 tyres were perfect for this track...talk about hook up!
You are gonna love this bike mate, but if you are on intermediate or hard pack...change out those tyres,, I noticed they rounded off quite a bit jyst in the 15 mins I put on it.
And dont forget to strip her down and grease everything before you go and get it all dirty...
Happy motos!

Thanks man for the review/feedback! First think I always do is grease and check bolts, etc. Gotta set sag and what not as well wink

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

8/4/2018 10:45 AM

grunkster wrote:

I would think the 14+yz250f oil filters would fit....maybe not? Guessing all new air filter though

usafwx wrote:

One would think, but all new engine/cases and new air filter too. Oh well.

At least the Yamaha catalog I use for our 2018 show same part number for 2019. Best to confirm from dealer though.

Photo

|

8/4/2018 11:02 AM

Thank you for your service. Beautiful bike!

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

8/4/2018 11:42 AM

usafwx wrote:

One would think, but all new engine/cases and new air filter too. Oh well.

Damn it. I should have looked harder I know the air filter is way different. Thanks man!!! Dealer here wasn’t much help I knew more about bikes then they did lol

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore