Spoke with my wallet (for reals)

jeffro503
1/17/2019 7:51pm
jeffro503 wrote:
God dang it Jwack , I missed this before. But just wanted to say congrats!!

You still have the trick RM 250 too?
JWACK wrote:
Thanks Jeffro! I don't have my super trick and clean RM anymore. When I decided to buy this bike I needed to make some room. The...
Thanks Jeffro! I don't have my super trick and clean RM anymore. When I decided to buy this bike I needed to make some room. The good news is that I still have one more 04 RM250. I had 3. It's not a looker but someday it will be.
The 04-08 RM250s may be my favorite bike ever.
That breaks my heart! You don't even know how many times I started to type up an email to send you and pick that one up off your hands. Especially the price you had it listed for with that A-kit. I yelled at myself quite a few times about not buying that damn thing haha! BUT.......you made a great decision on that new KTM! These new 250's are no joke.
JWACK
1/17/2019 7:57pm
JWACK wrote:
No I don't have it anymore. I almost cried a little when it left. But I had to sell it to fund my new cone valve...
No I don't have it anymore. I almost cried a little when it left. But I had to sell it to fund my new cone valve addiction. Probably wasn't worth it as that rm was perfect.! Geez I'm a fuktard sometimes, thanks for reminding me.

fatcat wrote:
Glad your healed up and back riding JWACK, let her rip ! Are those lug protectors laying in the box with the forks ? I have...
Glad your healed up and back riding JWACK, let her rip ! Are those lug protectors laying in the box with the forks ?
I have never seen those till now.
Thanks Mr FatCat.! Life is good. If your going to be dumb sometimes your going to pay for it! They are lug protectors indeed. I ordered them from ktm power parts. I want to say they were about 25 bucks. They are for the AER forks but with some tiny mods they will work on the cones.
AJ565
1/17/2019 7:57pm
JWACK wrote:
I'll look into that red spring. I ride Moto and off-road a bit. Honestly since I'm just getting back into it and not 100% healthy yet...
I'll look into that red spring. I ride Moto and off-road a bit. Honestly since I'm just getting back into it and not 100% healthy yet I'm glad these bikes are not arm stretching dragsters. I may just name her peppy. Lol
Wait until you rejet it. Remember to grip with your knees so your arms don’t die lol.
JWACK
1/17/2019 8:03pm
jeffro503 wrote:
God dang it Jwack , I missed this before. But just wanted to say congrats!!

You still have the trick RM 250 too?
JWACK wrote:
Thanks Jeffro! I don't have my super trick and clean RM anymore. When I decided to buy this bike I needed to make some room. The...
Thanks Jeffro! I don't have my super trick and clean RM anymore. When I decided to buy this bike I needed to make some room. The good news is that I still have one more 04 RM250. I had 3. It's not a looker but someday it will be.
The 04-08 RM250s may be my favorite bike ever.
jeffro503 wrote:
That breaks my heart! You don't even know how many times I started to type up an email to send you and pick that one up...
That breaks my heart! You don't even know how many times I started to type up an email to send you and pick that one up off your hands. Especially the price you had it listed for with that A-kit. I yelled at myself quite a few times about not buying that damn thing haha! BUT.......you made a great decision on that new KTM! These new 250's are no joke.
It's still local to me and I told the guy if he ever ever ever sells it to call me and it's sold. It's in good hands though.

The Shop

JWACK
1/17/2019 8:08pm
JWACK wrote:
I'll look into that red spring. I ride Moto and off-road a bit. Honestly since I'm just getting back into it and not 100% healthy yet...
I'll look into that red spring. I ride Moto and off-road a bit. Honestly since I'm just getting back into it and not 100% healthy yet I'm glad these bikes are not arm stretching dragsters. I may just name her peppy. Lol
AJ565 wrote:
Wait until you rejet it. Remember to grip with your knees so your arms don’t die lol.
I'm a stand up leg gripping rider all day! I only get arm pump the first practice on race days normally. My hands didn't last as long as I wanted them too. I ended up pulling a stew and blistered out for the day last weekend.
fatcat
1/17/2019 8:15pm
JWACK wrote:
Thanks Mr FatCat.! Life is good. If your going to be dumb sometimes your going to pay for it! They are lug protectors indeed. I ordered...
Thanks Mr FatCat.! Life is good. If your going to be dumb sometimes your going to pay for it! They are lug protectors indeed. I ordered them from ktm power parts. I want to say they were about 25 bucks. They are for the AER forks but with some tiny mods they will work on the cones.
Hell yeah, protect those lugs and you'll get a good return on your investment if you ever sell em. Make sure you post up some pics when you get back up to your usual altitude, lol.
VicDaMoan03
1/17/2019 8:31pm
Very nice! Where are you riding? Is that Montessa park in Albuquerque?
JWACK
1/17/2019 8:43pm
Very nice! Where are you riding? Is that Montessa park in Albuquerque?
Thanks.! Yes it's Montessa after a rain. Kinda like seeing a real life unicorn!
Pirate421
2/11/2019 9:56am
JWACK wrote:
Do you have any of the sweet parts leftover from that yz build you did last year? Hoping you do the same with this bike, just got done reading through that thread again, awesome!
JWACK
2/11/2019 10:46am
JWACK wrote:
Pirate421 wrote:
Do you have any of the sweet parts leftover from that yz build you did last year? Hoping you do the same with this bike, just...
Do you have any of the sweet parts leftover from that yz build you did last year? Hoping you do the same with this bike, just got done reading through that thread again, awesome!
That bike and all of its awesomeness has been sold to a fellow vital member.
I have 4 hours on my new ktm now and miss that kyb Kit shock something fierce.!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/11/2019 10:49am
JWACK wrote:
Pirate421 wrote:
Do you have any of the sweet parts leftover from that yz build you did last year? Hoping you do the same with this bike, just...
JWACK wrote:
That bike and all of its awesomeness has been sold to a fellow vital member. I have 4 hours on my new ktm now and miss...
Dude!!! You sold the YZ too??
JWACK
2/11/2019 1:33pm
Pirate421 wrote:
JWACK wrote:
That bike and all of its awesomeness has been sold to a fellow vital member. I have 4 hours on my new ktm now and miss...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude!!! You sold the YZ too??
Yep I sold it. I was sad to see it go.
But I still have my CR500 and another RM250 I'm going to build later this year.!
Texas Built
2/11/2019 1:49pm
Congrats on the smoker. The last 250 I owned was the notorious 1997 CR250. It was an absolute rocket and you kinda were just along for the ride.

Post a reply to: Spoke with my wallet (for reals)

The Latest