Spoke with my wallet ( again ).......And happy as heck!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2018 3:56 PM

So I went and got the last 2018 TC 250 around here in the NW. Only one shop , had one left , unless I made a 6 hour round trip up North to pick one up. I wanted to wait until about March to pick up a new bike , but I really wanted the 18' , and if I would have waited , I wouldn't of been able to get one.

I have the 17' Husky 125 , and wanted the 18' 250 because a lot of the parts can be swapped , where as the 19' wouldn't of given me much options. And besides , I really dig the look of the 18' over the 19'....and I spent a 1/2 hour comparing both those bikes side by side and just liked the 18' better. Another big plus on this is that I saved about $1400.00 , which I can put right into this bike , and make it the way I want. And having the exact same chassis and feel of my 17' 125......I couldn't have picked a better bike to pair it up with.

I don't think I stopped smiling all the way home. I told myself to stay on the 125 for a year or two , re-learn some basic's that I forgot , and then move back onto a competitive newer 250. And even though I'm heading into the winter , and might not get as much riding in as I'd like too , today.....is a good day!

Photo

Photo

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/3/2018 4:02 PM

Hell ya Jeffro!! I agree with you completely, the 18 to me looks way better than the 19! So much cleaner and not so janky lookind. Better take it out before winter sets in!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/3/2018 4:07 PM

Nice!
Even though I'm a Kawi guy I agree, I'm not diggin the look of the 19's.
Enjoy the new scooter!

|

11/3/2018 4:11 PM

Ssswwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!

|

11/3/2018 4:13 PM

Good looking bike, congrats!

|

11/3/2018 4:16 PM

I would have given you a thumbs up if I passed you on the highway!

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

11/3/2018 4:16 PM

Man I wish my wallet could speak !!
Where ya getting these talking wallets.
Congratulations looks sweet

|

11/3/2018 4:26 PM

Haha , thanks guys! I've been waiting for this day for quite a while. I mean , long story short. After almost getting killed in this sport back in 2005 , then leaving , and coming back. I never felt good on a 450....just couldn't get myself right on them. Went back to the 2 strokes ( which I know isn't for everyone )....but it re-sparked my interest in the sport again. Had to re-learn how to ride them , and have had a blast doing it. 125 and 250.....going to be a great year next year I think.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

11/3/2018 4:46 PM

What Bike Did you almost kill yourself on ?
A 450 ?

|

11/3/2018 4:52 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Haha , thanks guys! I've been waiting for this day for quite a while. I mean , long story short. After almost getting killed ...more

I always rode 125's back in the day. Pre 4 stroke. Rode 250f's for a while, then went to a16 Kawi 450, which I love.

About a year ago I decided to look for a nice 125 to have as a second bike and go back to my roots for some fun.
My brother is a dealer, but since the brands he sells don't make a 125, I bought a nice 16 KTM 125sx.
Had FC do the suspension and added a few things.

Damn, that thing is fun! It definitely takes more work to ride. And I know I'm not going as fast as I do on my 450.
But I'm smiling the whole time I'm riding it. lol

|

11/3/2018 4:56 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

A 450 ?

Yeah , it was a 450 , but it wasn't a mistake on my part. A guy came out onto the track backwards and on a certain part of the track , we were both 2nd gear wide open , and hit head on. It destroyed both bikes and landed me in the hospital for about 25 days. Life flight and all that good stuff.

|

11/3/2018 5:00 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

A 450 ?

jeffro503 wrote:

Yeah , it was a 450 , but it wasn't a mistake on my part. A guy came out onto the track backwards and on a certain part of the ...more

Wow. That sucks!! Glad you're ok and back riding. Have fun!!

|

11/3/2018 5:12 PM

Congrats on the new bike! I've got a 17' tc250 and it is by far the best bike I've ever owned.

|

11/3/2018 5:17 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

A 450 ?

jeffro503 wrote:

Yeah , it was a 450 , but it wasn't a mistake on my part. A guy came out onto the track backwards and on a certain part of the ...more

Indy mxer wrote:

Wow. That sucks!! Glad you're ok and back riding. Have fun!!

Thanks man! Glad I came back in 2011. Didn't know if I would ever be able too. Since then though , I've gone through like 5 different 450's , and just couldn't make them work for me. Tried the 2 stroke thing.....and what do you know , it totally got me interested again.

|

11/3/2018 5:18 PM

Scull79 wrote:

Congrats on the new bike! I've got a 17' tc250 and it is by far the best bike I've ever owned.

Thanks man!

|

11/3/2018 5:25 PM

Daaaaayyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

|

11/3/2018 5:33 PM

Bad ass Jeffro, congrats!!! I got back on a smoker as well a couple months ago. Haven't had this much fun in years after riding 450's.

The Old Timers group is on a bit of a tear in the Norcal Sac area. Along with the OT ride days, then the same group of guys renting the tracks, it's been awesome.

Ride reports are required from you after each and every ridewink

|

11/3/2018 5:48 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

Bad ass Jeffro, congrats!!! I got back on a smoker as well a couple months ago. Haven't had this much fun in years after ...more

Thanks man! And dude , especially this time of year , I would really enjoy coming down and roosting with some Norcal vets. It gets tough this time a year with work being hit-n-miss , and we kind of have to watch the funds. But I am hoping to at least make it down that way once , or hopefully twice this winter. Are you talking like Hangtown , Marysville and around that area?

|

11/3/2018 5:57 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

A 450 ?

jeffro503 wrote:

What?? I had no idea! That’s crazy Jeffro.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/3/2018 6:03 PM

Nice bike, Jeffro! Question though, since I know you’re around the Portland area: I just moved to Wilsonville last week, and I won’t have insurance from my new job until December. Where will I be able to ride around here come December? Anywhere??

|

11/3/2018 6:04 PM

Glad to hear your Ok and Back at it !

|

11/3/2018 6:13 PM

powertrip456 wrote:

Nice bike, Jeffro! Question though, since I know you’re around the Portland area: I just moved to Wilsonville last week, and I ...more

This time of year , you have like 4 options.

1.) Woodland MX ( check the schedule and look for practice and race days )

2.) Riverdale MX ( which I'm not a big fan of because it will roast a brand new set of tires in one day )

3. Horn rapid's is about 3 hours away ( but need to check on weather and wind )

4. ) Head south to Nocal ( and again , check weather and so forth. )

Woodland is an awesome winter track. It actually needs rain to make the dirt good. It can get rough , brutal , with long rut's , but it's also a track RV grew up racing on , so it's great practice. Just make sure your bike is all greased up properly , because that fine silt will find it's way into everything.

|

11/3/2018 6:14 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Glad to hear your Ok and Back at it !

Thanks Tarz! I've been back for a while , but it seems to be getting more and more fun every year!

|

11/3/2018 6:17 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

A 450 ?

jeffro503 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

What?? I had no idea! That’s crazy Jeffro.

Yeah....was a shitty / crazy time in my life. But it changed my outlook on a lot of things. It's weird how your brain works when you think you may not make it. You never know when something like that will ever happen , so my best advice is to live like it's your last day and don't ever quit something you love to do.

|

11/3/2018 6:27 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

This time of year , you have like 4 options.

1.) Woodland MX ( check the schedule and look for practice and race days )

2.) ...more

Thanks for the input! Enjoy that new bike!

|

11/3/2018 6:55 PM

BOSS!!

|

11/3/2018 7:01 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Yeah....was a shitty / crazy time in my life. But it changed my outlook on a lot of things. It's weird how your brain works ...more

Great outlook, very well said! And definitely give us a ride report!

|

11/3/2018 7:16 PM

Yeah Joe , I left after the wreck , because I was tired of getting hurt. It was a combination between that and running a track where I saw a lot of my friend's get hurt at too. Kind of scared me a bit with all the things I broke inside myself , and then seeing a lot of other's get hurt too....I just couldn't take any more. I stepped away in 2005 and at the end of 2011 , I went to go watch a race. Heard the motor's , saw the guy's racing , and it totally showed me what I had been missing. Picked up a bike two weeks later.

I will say though....before that , and during my 6 years or so off , I found other thing's to do and didn't miss it at all. I didn't miss it , until I saw it and heard it again. Wasn't a 2 stroke or 4 stroke thing....it was a " Do I need / want to ride again ? " thing. I don't regret so far , and am just trying to enjoy the sport while I can.

|

11/3/2018 7:23 PM

It's been said already, but I think the 18 looks much better. Congrats

|

11/3/2018 7:29 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

Bad ass Jeffro, congrats!!! I got back on a smoker as well a couple months ago. Haven't had this much fun in years after ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

Thanks man! And dude , especially this time of year , I would really enjoy coming down and roosting with some Norcal vets. It ...more

All of the above. We rotate between Hangtown, Estreet, Riverfront, MMX and an occasional Dixon. Some of the ride days are free, others are fully catered with BBQ. Let us know when your ready to com'n down and moto.

Today's ride day at Estreet that was free, had more guys showing up on smokers than we can honestly remember.

|