Spoke with my wallet! + 10 hour ride report

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2018 9:45 AM

Pulled the trigger last month on this 18' CRF 250r , im sure some of you remember my thread on the issues with the dealer . Well they were more then solved and the dealer bent over backwards to make it right . Great people and personally happy i made the dealer/brand switch .

The day i closed the deal , ended up getting a different bike straight out of the crate . Needless to say i was super pumped havent been on the bike in a year , due to grown up things im sure most can relate here .
Photo

So for my 10 hour ride report , and yes that's right 10 hours , ive ridden this thing alot since i got it.. mostly single track and 2 days at the mx track . Im a non sandbagging C class rider on a decent day .

Things i really loved about this bike after coming off a yamaha 250f . The suspension 1st and foremost , showa and honda hit it right this time . Out with the new and in with the old . I rode the bike some even before setting the sag , and it corners better and feels better then the KYB SSS on the yamaha i had . The power on the bike is similar to the shootouts yes it is lacking on bottom compared to most of the other brands . But for my style of riding i like knowing most of my power is on top .. again personal preference . Some things i did not like about the bike which are sort of nit picky . I high sided the bike into a small tree , Bent the right radiator up horribly . So for anyone who buys one of these make sure to spend the money on rad supports well worth it . Another one is one that keefer mentioned , The chain stretched so quick and made tons of noise from new , i would suggest changing it from the jump ... Also purchase a bolt kit becuase i have managed to lose alot of bolts on this bike for some reason . All in all , happy i made this purchase , and mods will come soon ill move that down to the build section . Just have seen alot of posts lately with people about the fence on these bikes . It has been more then great to me . Sorry for my poor grammar , hope you guys enjoy !

Photo

|

2018 crf 250r

4/4/2018 8:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 8:43 PM

Strange looking engine and pipe for a two stroke.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/4/2018 8:49 PM

Similar situation. Out for a bit, slow guy, got back in, etc... I love mine also. At 10hrs there is nothing I would change. I'm not good enough to know many differences in bikes, but this thing handles great compared to my 06yz450f.
Congrats on getting back in, and enjoy man.

|

2018 CRF250R

4/4/2018 8:55 PM

Love hearing dudes stoked on getting a new bike , especially if they have been out of the sport a while. Congrat's man and keep having fun.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja