Spoke with my wallet

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2019 7:29 AM

We started racing/riding more hare-scrambles and enduro stuff this summer and to that end, this little rascal followed me home on Saturday. All I've been able to do so far is get it approximately jetted but we're going for a little ride this afternoon. I'm suspecting it's gonna be a nice upgrade from a 2000 KDX 200, though.

Photo

Gonna be selling 2 KDX's and my RM 134, but my son and I are keeping our '04 KX 125 and have already agreed that when/if it dies, we're gonna mount it on the wall of the garage. We love this bike. Me, from Saturday.

Photo

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2015 Yamaha YZ 250

2/4/2019 7:51 AM

Nice! Congrats on the new steed. I understand those things are great off road weapons. A friend's son has the Husky version and rides some moto on it too and tears on it.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

2/4/2019 8:26 AM

Congrats. I love my 150 for hare scrambles. Easy to manage toward the end when youre just hanging on waiting for the finish laughing . I don't know how the guys that show up on 450s do it.

|

2/4/2019 9:30 AM

MX915 wrote:

Congrats. I love my 150 for hare scrambles. Easy to manage toward the end when youre just hanging on waiting for the finish laughing . I don't know how the guys that show up on 450s do it.

Exactly why I went with the 150. My son has a 150 SX and I did the Beta Ride Day at which my favorite two bikes were the 200 RR and 125 RR. I had ear to ear grins on the 125 and at one point, came to a dead stop at the base of the loose uphill with two rock "steps" toward the top. I clicked it in 1st and rode right up. I'm only racing for fun and I had THE most fun on the 125 and 200. So.... a KTM 150 seemed good to me. smile

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2015 Yamaha YZ 250

2/4/2019 9:40 AM

HighPlainsSquid wrote:

We started racing/riding more hare-scrambles and enduro stuff this summer and to that end, this little rascal followed me home on Saturday. All I've been able to do so far is get it approximately jetted but we're going for a little ride this afternoon. I'm suspecting it's gonna be a nice upgrade from a 2000 KDX 200, though.

Photo

Gonna be selling 2 KDX's and my RM 134, but my son and I are keeping our '04 KX 125 and have already agreed that when/if it dies, we're gonna mount it on the wall of the garage. We love this bike. Me, from Saturday.

Photo

Congrats on the bike, I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a 150 myself. Which Hare Scramble series are you doing? I notice the pic of Aztec so I was wondering if you did the CORCS series.

|

2/4/2019 9:42 AM

Agreed. I'm all about riding something light and managable through the tight stuff, not feeling like a hero through the few open sections and suffering the rest of the race. And to be honest, even in the sand around here, the 150 is plenty of power for me. I'll save the 450 for MX practice days when I can pull off when it starts becoming a handful.

|

2/4/2019 9:47 AM

bents wrote:

Nice! Congrats on the new steed. I understand those things are great off road weapons. A friend's son has the Husky version and rides some moto on it too and tears on it.

I would've gone Husky, too, just for the cool look, but this was a left-over 18 that walked out the door for $7200. A new Husky or a '19 KTM or the Beta for that matter would be $8500+. So, for that difference, I like orange. smile

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2015 Yamaha YZ 250

2/4/2019 9:51 AM

HighPlainsSquid wrote:

Photo

Photo

MotoCoUSA wrote:

Congrats on the bike, I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a 150 myself. Which Hare Scramble series are you doing? I notice the pic of Aztec so I was wondering if you did the CORCS series.

CORCS it'll be! I'll make as many as I can- my wallet's kind of curled up in the corner right now, ya know?- but definitely gonna make a few.

We're in NE New Mexico and w/in striking distance of TX, too. Did the Red Canyon Enduro at Fluvanna and had a blast. We were there for the Beta Ride Day anyway so riding the enduro seemed like the thing to do. There's two more- the one in Kalgary and the one in Turkey- that I think we can make.

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2015 Yamaha YZ 250

2/4/2019 10:38 AM

Nice! Corcs is a great time, Ill be at a few races this year good luck!

|

2/4/2019 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 7:19 PM

Got to ride the bike today. It's nice!! Pretty much exactly what I expected/hoped it would be. We've got some sections on the ranch where I can do pretty much everything I'll see in an enduro so I spent a lot of time climbing bank walls, going thru rocks, light jumping, single track, gullies, etc.

It'll pull pretty good down low- about what I expected- and mid-range on up just rips. I thought the gearing was fine and it never felt "too wide" to me. Suspension was fine. Clutch pull is awesome. Brakes are great- single finger stoppies are easy. Very light and flickable feeling. I really had no complaints at all. Okay... one: it should come with a skid plate. I have a TMD on the way.

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2015 Yamaha YZ 250