Spoke with my wallet!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2018 8:44 PM

I have wanted to make this post for a while now, so here we go! w00t
We planned on getting one for our 4 year old daughter.......then
Photo
....they just HAD to have 1, 19 YZ laying around collecting dust. So here is my 3rd YZ250, 1st fresh one.
Photo
Photo
Will be yellow soon, but first I gotta do something about the blue wheels. I absolutely can't stand them.sick

|

11/7/2018 9:04 PM

Congrats man!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/7/2018 9:07 PM

I think the blue wheels look trick in person.

|

11/7/2018 9:48 PM

love to see the little bike's and knowing that a kiddo is about to take the launch of adventure for good times. Let me know if you need a yellow Clarke tank, I've got a new one. Congrats on the new ride.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/7/2018 9:58 PM

Thanks Matt!

Bryan, I respect that. A few others have told me the same thing and I should stop crying about it.

|

11/7/2018 10:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2018 1:52 AM

ledger wrote:

love to see the little bike's and knowing that a kiddo is about to take the launch of adventure for good times. Let me know if you need a yellow Clarke tank, I've got a new one. Congrats on the new ride.

Thank you. She is pretty excited. Getting a new bike is nice, but her getting a bike really overshadows it. I'm super pumped for her. I do need a tank, but not yet. I may need to wait till after the holidays. Thanks again.

|

11/7/2018 10:22 PM

Hell yeah! My little girl turns 2 in a month. She was going through her big brothers PWs Only catalog and pointing at the pink ones. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts!

|

11/7/2018 10:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2018 10:41 PM

mikec265 wrote:

Hell yeah! My little girl turns 2 in a month. She was going through her big brothers PWs Only catalog and pointing at the pink ones. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts!

You enjoy it too!It really does go by fast. She is already 4 and tries to run the show here haha She already wanted the thing pink and when saw the PWonly site....it was game on. Black with pink graphics and black wheels. grin

|

11/7/2018 11:54 PM

Nice!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

11/8/2018 1:28 AM

While it is cool going riding with your kid, there is a down side. If it's just you and your kid like it was for us and you got to watch them and do your bit of volunteer track watering done, I only got 2 rides in for the day. Still it's very nice bit of dad and lad but yeah, your going to be flat out getting your own seat time.

|

11/8/2018 2:02 AM

Doddy wrote:

Photo
....they just HAD to have 1, 19 YZ laying around collecting dust. So here is my 3rd YZ250, 1st fresh one.
Photo
Photo
Will be yellow soon, but first I gotta do something about the blue wheels. I absolutely can't stand them.sick

I'm with you the blue anodized rims never match the royal blue plastics. I'd slap some regular steel rims on her and call it a day! I'm torn between a new Husky 250 or YZ250 2 smoke after the holidays. In any case congrats on the new rides, hope you and lil miss enjoy them.

|

11/8/2018 6:36 AM

I have a set of black rims with yellow/gold hubs if you are interested in trading? They are off a 2016 YZ450F. Not sure if they interchange or what needs to be done to make them work.

Photo
Photo

|

11/8/2018 8:06 AM

Oh man Doddy , this is definitely a proper " spoke with the wallet " thread . And I bet your little girl will have a blast on that thing. We'll definitely all need some follow up pics! And good job dad!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/8/2018 8:35 AM

If you want to sell the rims (not complete wheels) to buy black ones, let me know

|

11/8/2018 3:06 PM

Congrats on the bikes, you and the little one enjoy. Great times

I am with ya on the blue wheels, Our 18's and 19's I sold immediately and we run the silvers. Much cleaner looking imho

|

11/8/2018 4:22 PM

Doddy wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Awesome.

I enjoyed buying bikes more for my kids than myself ever since they were both little. Taking my son-in-law to buy my grandson's CRF50 a couple of seasons ago was a big Grandad highlight for me. It's great that we are passing it on.

Best of luck with both.

|

11/8/2018 9:13 PM

Thank you all for the kind words and sharing. I enjoy reading your guys experiences and stories.

She will ride hers before I even get a chance to start mine I'm sure. I'm cool with that. I will take and post pictures when she gets to ride it.w00t

For the wheels, I'm not sure what I am going to do with them yet. I think I may just lace up new rims. If I do that I will sell the rims.

NorCalRedRyder: Personally, I feel better on the Yamaha and my others never let me down. It's also pretty cool to buy a bike brand new that I have ridden for years. It was already my favorite. So I am a little biased. grin

|

11/9/2018 6:54 AM

Congratulations, personally I think the Blue wheels look great, but definitely not if you want to go yellow, I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone to trade.

|

11/10/2018 12:40 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

Congratulations, personally I think the Blue wheels look great, but definitely not if you want to go yellow, I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone to trade.

Thank you. I'm torn between silver rims/black hubs and gold/black. I am leaning more toward gold/black.

It does seem that there is interest in the blue rims, so they won't be used. I also won't need the tires. I have family things to attend to so I won't even touch it for a few weeks.

|

11/10/2018 9:22 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

Doddy wrote:

Thank you. I'm torn between silver rims/black hubs and gold/black. I am leaning more toward gold/black.

It does seem that there is interest in the blue rims, so they won't be used. I also won't need the tires. I have family things to attend to so I won't even touch it for a few weeks.

In a world where practically everyone has black wheels the blue wheels are a nice change. I personally like them. That said I've always liked silver rims on the Yamaha's so if you're looking to get something different here's a setup you don't see often. This is what I would personally run.

Silver rims with blue hubs or with blue nipples if you want more color. I'd stick to silver nipples.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/10/2018 9:39 AM

If you wanna trade wheels let me know. I got silvers. Can get them hubs powder coated blue for ya too.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/10/2018 10:09 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

In a world where practically everyone has black wheels the blue wheels are a nice change. I personally like them. That said I've always liked silver rims on the Yamaha's so if you're looking to get something different here's a setup you don't see often. This is what I would personally run.

Silver rims with blue hubs or with blue nipples if you want more color. I'd stick to silver nipples.

Photo
Photo
Photo

Thanks Joe. Passing these things down and what comes with it is just awesome to say the least. It still has not sunk in all the way. For my girl and myself.

Maverick: Thanks for the input. I have always had silver. I do like them alot, but this is the last time the bike will be seen in blue trim. She is going to be yellow and at some point an extra set of white/red. So blue hubs would really look out of place.

Do you(or anyone) have a recommendation for a graphics company that can design me something or let me design my own? I have not found any I like 100% .

|

11/10/2018 10:59 AM

Doddy wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Doddy wrote:

Thanks Joe. Passing these things down and what comes with it is just awesome to say the least. It still has not sunk in all the way. For my girl and myself.

Maverick: Thanks for the input. I have always had silver. I do like them alot, but this is the last time the bike will be seen in blue trim. She is going to be yellow and at some point an extra set of white/red. So blue hubs would really look out of place.

Do you(or anyone) have a recommendation for a graphics company that can design me something or let me design my own? I have not found any I like 100% .

Well if you're switching your bike to yellow plastics/black graphics with an extra set of white plastics/red graphics it's a no brainer, gold rims/black hubs. Will look great with both designs.

If you're going for the old school look for both plastic kits, Decal Works do great work or LimeNine out of Canada.

These are LimeNine

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Decal Works

Photo
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/10/2018 6:14 PM

Doddy wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Doddy wrote:

180 Decals. Bryar is the man, you can go full custom if you want on the website and he'll work with you. Great, honest dude.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

11/10/2018 6:26 PM

VP C12 with Maxima 927. Fuck all these electric bike threads/posts. Good work brother. You spoke like a man.

|

11/11/2018 5:10 AM

Doddy wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Email me if you want to sell the blue wheels. Robinmac82@yahoo.com

|

11/11/2018 4:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2018 9:05 PM

Delete...tada.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/11/2018 4:49 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Doddy wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Here’s mine. It’s a good color combo!
Photo
Photo

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp