Spoke with my wallet.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2013 3:35 PM

Spoke with my wallet.IMG_0437IMG_0440

|

3/13/2013 3:38 PM

Congrats! Going to pick up my first new bike in a few weeks also!

|

3/13/2013 3:47 PM

I'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to you from the depths of the Two Stroke Taliban's cave complex. Don't forget the Yamalube R.

|

I'm just here for the MxGeoff meltdowns.

3/13/2013 3:49 PM

hell yeah man! that's fuckin' RAD!!!

so jealous!

then again, i spoke with mine a little differently this week... new Stumpy niner

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/13/2013 3:54 PM

I would have gone KTM but that is a sweet ride. I like the 2013 BNG

|

3/13/2013 3:55 PM

Fun bike. Run Motul 800 at 32:1.

|

3/13/2013 3:56 PM

(In my best whiny, shitty little six year old brat voice) I want one!!!

|

3/13/2013 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2013 4:50 PM

Sweet, I bought a '13 250D about 2 weeks ago to keep my '97 CR 500 company.

|

3/13/2013 4:12 PM

Congrats on the new ride. I've been killing to ride a 125 again. I last rode one back in 1997.

|

3/13/2013 4:17 PM

Good pick up!

Thing is bullet proof.

Enjoy!

|

3/13/2013 4:19 PM

Love the light weight look of the Yamaha. Bet it feels like it weighs nothing. Congrats on the new bike smell in the garage!

|

3/13/2013 4:31 PM

Spoke with your wallet? Oh I get it. From here is sounded like you were talking out your A$$ smile

|

3/13/2013 4:59 PM

Nice! May I ask how much did you get it for?

|

3/13/2013 5:58 PM

You'll have fun with that bike for sure.
Set the sag and change that rear sprocket and it's ready to race!

|

3/13/2013 6:02 PM

peelout wrote:

so jealous!

then again, i spoke with mine a little differently this week... new Stumpy ...more

How do you like it and how much does it weigh...if you dont mind me asking? I'm thinking about getting a new mb and...

|

" You thank whoever is up there, every morning you open your eyes, an everyday you can put your body on a motorcycle, thats pretty good enough for me" -Lars Larson

3/13/2013 6:19 PM

nice new ride, jealous as hell. but why did they put yz 125 on different ways? but hell that dosnt matter, nice bike man!!

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

3/13/2013 6:20 PM

Are Yamaha dealers charging a premium for new two-strokes or can you pick them up for less than MSRP? I've read that it can be sometimes hard to find a new YZ250 for example.

|

3/13/2013 6:49 PM

Very nice! i also just spoke too and got my 2013 yz 250 a few weeks ago!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!! awesome bike!!!!!!!!!!!! i will post a pic of mine soon as i get it on my computer. enjoy!!!!!!!

|

3/13/2013 7:34 PM

Jordan421 wrote:

nice new ride, jealous as hell. but why did they put yz 125 on different ways? but hell that dosnt matter, nice bike man!!

What else should they have done spelled it backwards on one side? Not sure what your getting at here. Congrats on the new bike looks like fun.

|

3/13/2013 7:48 PM

peelout wrote:

so jealous!

then again, i spoke with mine a little differently this week... new Stumpy ...more

Sandberm wrote:

How do you like it and how much does it weigh...if you dont mind me asking? I'm thinking about getting a new mb and...

What kind of mountain biking are you going to be doing? Cross country, downhill, freeride?

That bike is more of a freeride machine, which wouldn't be ideal if you were looking to do some serious cross country riding.

BTW be prepared to spend at least a couple grand if you want a nice bike.

|

3/13/2013 7:58 PM

Have you done any jumps or got any sweet air?

|

I race for plastic trophies, so get off my back.

3/13/2013 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2013 8:07 PM

peelout wrote:

so jealous!

Sandberm wrote:

zehn wrote:

What kind of mountain biking are you going to be doing? Cross country, downhill, freeride?

That bike is more of a freeride ...more

mmm thats what u call an "all mountain" bike...it is a very capable climber...just a little more fun on the descents..

a "freeride" bike is basically a dh bike..sometimes they will run a single crown fork but you wouldnt run a front derailer..

heres my new ride....and u think a new moto is expensive lol

GT Fury carbon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/13/2013 8:07 PM

Sick! love my 125

RE mtbs...god I hate 29" wheels (sweet bike though Peel)

|

3/13/2013 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2013 8:11 PM

peelout wrote:

so jealous!

Did you look at yetis at all? I'm still stuck between getting a yeti, trek, or specialized.

sb 95's are so sick if you get a chance to ride one but soo damn spendy.

good lookin bike zdog!

|

3/13/2013 8:16 PM

Sandberm wrote:

zehn wrote:

That bike is more of a freeride ...more

wydopen wrote:

mmm thats what u call an "all mountain" bike...it is a very capable climber...just a little more fun on the descents..

a ...more

True, that is what you would call an all-mountain bike, but I'm a XC racer so anything with more than 100mm travel is a freeride bike in my eyes tongue

Your GT is fucking sweet, I would love to get into DH/freeride but there really isn't much of that to do up here. We have a bunch of great single track though.

|

3/13/2013 8:22 PM

I have a specialized stumpjumper EVO. I love it!

Nice GT DH!

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

3/13/2013 8:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2013 8:25 PM

zehn wrote:

True, that is what you would call an all-mountain bike, but I'm a XC racer so anything with more than 100mm travel is a ...more

ive been riding a 1999 specialized fsr xc with vbrakes for cross country...so sketchy..its super rocky around here....basically an xc ride is riding up a dh trail..super long stem, seatpost up the ass and vbrakes isnt a good combo for me lol

i actually use it on the trainer more than the trails..

i havent ridden dh in almost 5 years..just got the gt from a friend..havent even tried it yet..this was my last race bike

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/13/2013 8:54 PM

Yeah I'm still rocking vbrakes on my race bike too. It's a 6 year old GT, 100mm front and back. It does alright for what it is.

Last year my friend let me borrow his Stumpjumper FSR for a quick downhill shot. Man that thing was choice, but I actually went faster on my bike because I was more comfortable with it. My friend ended up walking down the trail, he said my bike was unrideable lol. I like to to think my bike handling skills are better than others because I end up soaking up all the hits with my body instead of letting the suspension do all the work. Then again, I may be full of shit because I'm not that fast of a descender. Who knows.

|

3/13/2013 9:15 PM

Yup, just spoke with my wallet too.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/13/2013 9:22 PM

zehn wrote:

Yeah I'm still rocking vbrakes on my race bike too. It's a 6 year old GT, 100mm front and back. It does alright for what it ...more

We need to hook up and ride. I am not much of a MTB rider but I would like to get descent at it. I got a specialized hard tail29er. I want to try a race or two this summer.

|