Spoke with my sons former lunch money. UPDATED

BroFoSho
8/6/2018 10:42am
Mx746 wrote:
For me a kick start is a big selling point. May have to go yellow if I decide on a 450 for next year.
Guess you better buy an air-cooled two-stroke then with drum brakes.
All those extra things like fuel injection, radiators, master cylinders, cams and valves is just more stuff to go wrong, right?
Racer111
8/6/2018 10:57am
Mx746 wrote:
For me a kick start is a big selling point. May have to go yellow if I decide on a 450 for next year.
BroFoSho wrote:
Guess you better buy an air-cooled two-stroke then with drum brakes. All those extra things like fuel injection, radiators, master cylinders, cams and valves is just...
Guess you better buy an air-cooled two-stroke then with drum brakes.
All those extra things like fuel injection, radiators, master cylinders, cams and valves is just more stuff to go wrong, right?
I wish we could. It would be nice wouldn’t it?
dirtmike86
8/6/2018 11:18am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 11:18am
psg119 wrote:
Did that have the compression release lever on it? All I remember while watching the races as a kid when the 4 strokes were introduced to...
Did that have the compression release lever on it? All I remember while watching the races as a kid when the 4 strokes were introduced to the sport is "the 4 strokes are not easy to restart" anytime someone went down Laughing And they weren't! If guys went down they were down for a while.
Yeah it did. Once you got the routine down the first initial starting was easy. Pull choke, pull comp release kick a few times then find top dead center and just barely roll it past that then say a prayer and bam! But once that thing was hot it was aweful and try doing that after going down in a race while you are tired... Sucked. Iam sure there are guys on here that had harder bikes to start but that was my first mx four stroke and it made me never want one again until fuel injection came out.
TeamGreen
8/6/2018 11:38am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 11:41am
dirtmike86 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/04/278792/s1200_Capture_2018_08_04_19_11_40_2.jpg[/img] what the hell is that thing..? Jk congrats. Those things look sweet.
what the hell is that thing..? Jk congrats. Those things look sweet.
That's the thing that doesn't need a charger...
That doesn't require it's own battery...

It's what used to be pointed at as we said this...

"If you can start it, you can ride it!"

I've got A LOT of hours on the Zook. I've even caused problems when ML512 sent me "...need the RM-Z back pretty soon" about a day or two after I'd had someone (AMA Mechanic) go thru it...we had to plead with US Suzuki to let me keep it for a little longer...I even made the point -twice- that I DID NOT WANT A '19...I wanted to keep putting time on THIS bike...

I've got other bikes; but, this bike has been unbelievably dependable.

The Shop

Racer111
8/6/2018 12:33pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/04/278792/s1200_Capture_2018_08_04_19_11_40_2.jpg[/img] what the hell is that thing..? Jk congrats. Those things look sweet.
TeamGreen wrote:
That's the thing that doesn't need a charger... That doesn't require it's own battery... It's what used to be pointed at as we said this... "If...

I've got A LOT of hours on the Zook. I've even caused problems when ML512 sent me "...need the RM-Z back pretty soon" about a day or two after I'd had someone (AMA Mechanic) go thru it...we had to plead with US Suzuki to let me keep it for a little longer...I even made the point -twice- that I DID NOT WANT A '19...I wanted to keep putting time on THIS bike...

That’s one of the reasons I got it. You said how much you likes it in another thread from earlier this year.

Don’t fret. Josh Hansen says the 2019 is just like the 2018. ??
Gilby122
8/6/2018 1:50pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
That's the thing that doesn't need a charger... That doesn't require it's own battery... It's what used to be pointed at as we said this... "If...

Racer111 wrote:
That’s one of the reasons I got it. You said how much you likes it in another thread from earlier this year. Don’t fret. Josh Hansen...
That’s one of the reasons I got it. You said how much you likes it in another thread from earlier this year.

Happy to see this thread. I'm going to pick the same bike up this week. Lookin forward to something different and something new!! Congrats.
Racer111
8/6/2018 6:53pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Racer111 wrote:
That’s one of the reasons I got it. You said how much you likes it in another thread from earlier this year. Don’t fret. Josh Hansen...

Gilby122 wrote:
Happy to see this thread. I'm going to pick the same bike up this week. Lookin forward to something different and something new!! Congrats.
Thanks, Gilby! Congrats to you as well. For some reason I am really stoked about this bike. Maybe it’s because of the fact that in 40 years of riding and racing, this is the first Zook I’ve ever owned!?!? Smile
psg119
8/7/2018 9:01am
dirtmike86 wrote:
Yeah it did. Once you got the routine down the first initial starting was easy. Pull choke, pull comp release kick a few times then find...
Yeah it did. Once you got the routine down the first initial starting was easy. Pull choke, pull comp release kick a few times then find top dead center and just barely roll it past that then say a prayer and bam! But once that thing was hot it was aweful and try doing that after going down in a race while you are tired... Sucked. Iam sure there are guys on here that had harder bikes to start but that was my first mx four stroke and it made me never want one again until fuel injection came out.
Yeah man I couldn't imagine the frustration that would come out try to kick those over after going down in a race or stalling it! haha. Crazy how far they have come with them.
Racer111
8/7/2018 10:55am
dirtmike86 wrote:
Yeah it did. Once you got the routine down the first initial starting was easy. Pull choke, pull comp release kick a few times then find...
psg119 wrote:
Yeah man I couldn't imagine the frustration that would come out try to kick those over after going down in a race or stalling it! haha...
Yeah man I couldn't imagine the frustration that would come out try to kick those over after going down in a race or stalling it! haha. Crazy how far they have come with them.
Those 2001 426’s were heavy as hell, too.
TeamGreen
8/10/2018 10:18am
dirtmike86 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Just added some updates over at my thread in "Bike Buids"...
This bike has been amazing, given me great results at the rack...including racing it at Mammoth, has been ridiculously INEXPENSIVE to keep up, has a bullet-proof engine and is just an all around fun bike to have.

This is a great bike.
Racer111
8/17/2018 5:00pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Just added some updates over at my thread in "Bike Buids"... This bike has been amazing, given me great results at the rack...including racing it at...
Just added some updates over at my thread in "Bike Buids"...
This bike has been amazing, given me great results at the rack...including racing it at Mammoth, has been ridiculously INEXPENSIVE to keep up, has a bullet-proof engine and is just an all around fun bike to have.

This is a great bike.
Hey, TeamGreen. I’m 5’8 and 170 pounds. What would you set the sag at for the rear shock?
Racer111
8/21/2018 4:52pm
Love the look of a stock Suzuki! Congrats!
I’ve put a pipe, sprockets and clutch cover on it. Graphics on the way.

kiwifan
8/21/2018 5:21pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
It is a sprocket tightener ....allegedly
malachi177
8/22/2018 8:55pm
Love the look of a stock Suzuki! Congrats!
Racer111 wrote:
I’ve put a pipe, sprockets and clutch cover on it. Graphics on the way. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281968/s1200_E26193E4_91D0_49F8_9067_BEBCAAF4C1A4.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281969/s1200_A72BE908_819D_447A_828C_92FB2B247E6E.jpg[/img]
I’ve put a pipe, sprockets and clutch cover on it. Graphics on the way.

So how are you liking it so far? Opinions? Is the hi compression piston in already? Noticeable difference with the pipe added?
1977XR75
8/22/2018 9:10pm
That's a damn good looking motorcycle. Makes me want to join the RM Army! How would you compare it to the Kawasaki?
Racer111
8/30/2018 4:39pm
Love the bike!! And yes, better than the Kawi. Threw a PC Exhaust and Vertex Piston on it and it’s perfect for me. The ergo’s on this bike are the best I’ve ever had. It feels like it was custom made for me.

Paul at Armored Graphix is second to none. LOVE how my bike turned out. Clean and simple!

Post a reply to: Spoke with my sons former lunch money. UPDATED

The Latest