Spoke with my raffle tickets

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2020 7:36 AM

And they delivered!

I can not thank Steve and everyone at PulpMX, Mike at Yamaha USA, and all of the supporting sponsors like Michelin, RoostMX, Guts racing, Racetech, Vortex sprockets, FMF, Works Connection, and FXR enough!

Going back a few weeks to show 430, minding my own business eating my lousy homemade sammich and listening to the Pulp show on a Tuesday afternoon like I always do and that’s when it happened. Chris Betts raising hell and trying to win the bike, Marx sarcastically calling his name and then he drops my name. I couldnt believe it! Just 24hrs prior I was quickly entering my CC info to purchase 4 raffle tickets and suddenly I’m sitting there thinking my mind is playing tricks on me. I played It back several times, recorded it and sent it to friends and family and they were beyond disbelief as well. I went about the rest of my work day, who knows if I was actually doing the job I was supposed to be doing though. I was too stoked. I heard from steve that evening and he quickly set out to get me in contact with all the sponsors who supported this raffle.

I think it was literally the next day, my girlfriend sends me a picture of a giant box with my name on it from FMF and I receive emails from Randy at Michelin and Chris from Racetech. That’s when it really sunk in, this was real and I was going to get dialed in thanks to Pulp. More parts roll in as the days turn to weeks and my appreciation grows with every unboxing.
Photo
Photo
Photo

Fast forward to this week and I get an email from steve asking if I’d be able to meet them at Glen Helen on Thursday. Make a couple quick calls and move some work around and I am ready to go! Mike Ulrich of Yamaha rings me and gives me the game plan, from there it was a pretty sleepless night in anticipation of what Thursday at Glen Helen will bring.

I get to the track around 11:45, call mike and they are about 10min out. Hangout a little bit until they arrive and once we got in and parked Yamaha really rolled out the Blu carpet for me. I get to officially meet the Yamaha media guys, Kris Keefer and talk a little YZ450F with him, and of course Mr. PulpMX Steve Matthes and his buddy the greatest retired rider ever RV. I got to spend the better part of the afternoon hanging out with all these guys I listen to weekly, idolized watching win races and championships on TV, oh yeah and I got to break in my new bike at GH on a Thursday afternoon. Beyond any of my wildest dreams.

It’s truly remarkable what they’ve all done for me, without them I don’t believe I ever would have been back to a motocross track and riding, something I grew up doing multiple times a week through my high school years. This has propelled me back in, and I’m already thinking of where and when to ride next. Again, thank you to everyone who played a part in this, I will remember this moment for the rest of my life.

The Yamahauler
Photo

Fresh YZ, for me?!
Photo

RV and Matthes with my new blucru
Photo

Thank you (L to R) Mike, Ryan and Steve Photo

Loaded up after a few break in laps
Photo

Photo

RV and myself, teammates!
Photo

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

7/17/2020 7:40 AM

Hell yeah that is awesome. Nice truck too.

|

7/17/2020 7:42 AM

Hell yeah man, congrats! Always cool to actually hear from the winners of these kinds of things. Looked like an awesome day; very envious!

|

7/17/2020 7:44 AM

Man that is so awesome how they did all of that for you. They could have just shipped a bike to you and been done with it. Congrats!

|

7/17/2020 7:46 AM

That's so awesome! Killer OBS also!

|

7/17/2020 7:47 AM

Munson'd wrote:

Thank you! It’s been a project of mine the last couple years

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

7/17/2020 7:48 AM

Quite a beard RV has grown.....

Oh wait, is that you?

|

7/17/2020 7:49 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Hell yeah man, congrats! Always cool to actually hear from the winners of these kinds of things. Looked like an awesome day; very envious!

Thanks! Yeah I couldn't contain my excitement. Yamaha and Steve were stoked to see me take it out too, with a lot of raffles they end up getting sold off. Not this one!

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

7/17/2020 7:50 AM

Spooner wrote:

Man that is so awesome how they did all of that for you. They could have just shipped a bike to you and been done with it. Congrats!

My thoughts exactly, i figured Yamaha would set me up with the local dealer and I’d go pick it up there. They went above and beyond.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

7/17/2020 7:53 AM

First of all...I want your truck. But this is such a badass thing for you to experience. Congrats man! Gives the rest of us hope for next year!!!

|

7/17/2020 8:01 AM

tonyd811 wrote:

First of all...I want your truck. But this is such a badass thing for you to experience. Congrats man! Gives the rest of us hope for next year!!!

We’re all going to be buying tickets the final minutes before next years raffle lol.

I’ve actually been trying to sell the truck recently, on the fence.. you’re local so come check it out!

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

7/17/2020 8:51 AM

Good to see it went to a great guy! And cool that it got you back at the track! cool

|

7/17/2020 8:59 AM

Awesome! I always wonder if anyone actually wins anything these days lol laughing

|

7/17/2020 9:04 AM

That’s awesome!

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

7/17/2020 9:22 AM

Hell ya dude!!! So stoked for you!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/17/2020 10:06 AM

Congrats!

|

7/17/2020 10:23 AM

Munson'd wrote:

Oh hell yes .... That body style has to be my favorite 3/4 or 1 ton truck !!! Nice going bud.

|

7/17/2020 10:50 AM

Congrats!

|

2015 YZ250F - 2003 CR125R

7/17/2020 10:51 AM

Awesome you lucky son of a bitch!! Great write up of your experience, looks like the bike went to a worthy winner!

|

7/17/2020 10:55 AM

Glad to hear it is getting you back into the sport. Be safe and have fun!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/17/2020 12:23 PM

Friggen sweet!

|

7/17/2020 12:30 PM

Nice!

|

7/17/2020 12:49 PM

Very cool!

|

7/17/2020 12:52 PM

That’s awesome how that all worked out. Looks like a pretty perfect day congrats!

|

7/17/2020 1:02 PM

Congrats! Cool to see RV giving ya some pointers. haha. Enjoy the hell out of it.

on a sad note: Man. I miss my bronco...

|

7/17/2020 1:11 PM

Thats rad man, enjoy!

|

7/17/2020 5:41 PM

Very cool, congrats!

|

7/17/2020 5:46 PM

Dude! This is the best story ever ❤ congratulations
Sounds like a dream come true.

|

7/17/2020 6:49 PM

F'n awesome! Super cool experience and way cool that it's gonna get you back in to MX riding!! Couldn't have gone to anyone better!

Good work Team Pulp, both ends of this raffle were a huge success I'd say. Tons of money to privateers and a great winner of the raffle.

I'll gladly throw down for tickets again next year.

|

7/18/2020 6:46 PM

Congratulations, you lucky bastard.

|