Spoke with my outlet...Again!

phatfi20
1/7/2020 10:17am
Wanted to post my review of this bike on here. We bought it so we can ride around the neighborhood, at parks and anywhere we want that would not make neighbors/police mad and where riding his PW 50 might attract complaints.

Now I get on my bicycle and, while not at the MX track, he can get a lot more seat time. Its a great supplement to an MX bike and he can "go ride" basically whenever.

First impression: This thing is legit for $700. Was also looking at Gas Gas/Tarrot bike for $2,100.00 and KTM E 50 at $5k is overkill for my son right now.

No quality problems so far. Its Chinese made and while I hate cheap Chinese junk, this bike is not junk. The motor, battery are easily replicable if something were to happen and replacement parts are cheap on ebay or any online electric vehicle store. I already bought a shorter shock for $20 and I understand you can upgrade the electronics along with a 48W motor for $100.

Dimensions look similar the taller KTM sx Senior

Suspension front and rear is much better than PW suspension.

Disc brakes are non-hydraulic and work great.

Battery time for us is 30-45 minutes where he is really "on it". Charges in 4-5 hours.

More than enough power for a 4-year-old. Its much faster and will easily pull our stock PW50 for about 15-20 yards. Tops out at 18-20 MPH. PW top end speed is significantly more. Would handle any beginner/peewee MX track with no problem at all. I firmly believe my son would have faster lap times on this bike because of the acceleration is so much stronger than the PW. PW would pull it on a long straight.

mikec265
1/7/2020 2:13pm
I had issues once I bumped it up to 48 volts. It never ran right. Put it back to 36 volts and it still had problems. Wound up getting the electric Husky.
gt80rider
1/9/2020 7:00am
Those batteries are terrible! MaxAmps for the win!!!
hard2kill
1/9/2020 2:10pm
mikec265 wrote:
I had issues once I bumped it up to 48 volts. It never ran right. Put it back to 36 volts and it still had problems...
I had issues once I bumped it up to 48 volts. It never ran right. Put it back to 36 volts and it still had problems. Wound up getting the electric Husky.
I upgraded my sons to a 52v 17ah battery from Luna and the oset 24OR 130 amp controller and the oset motor about 6 months ago. The thing rips now. I have also upgraded the brakes to hydraulic. I have about $2500 total in it and its got to be performing pretty close to the ktm and husky e 50s. He can ride hard for 45 mins to an hour, or just play around for a couple hours before draining the battery.
Just bought another one for my girl this Christmas as well, also got myself one of the sur rons. Been having a blast with this electric stuff. Loads of potential in the future.

The Shop

mikec265
1/9/2020 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2020 2:47pm
mikec265 wrote:
I had issues once I bumped it up to 48 volts. It never ran right. Put it back to 36 volts and it still had problems...
hard2kill wrote:
I upgraded my sons to a 52v 17ah battery from Luna and the oset 24OR 130 amp controller and the oset motor about 6 months ago...
I upgraded my sons to a 52v 17ah battery from Luna and the oset 24OR 130 amp controller and the oset motor about 6 months ago. The thing rips now. I have also upgraded the brakes to hydraulic. I have about $2500 total in it and its got to be performing pretty close to the ktm and husky e 50s. He can ride hard for 45 mins to an hour, or just play around for a couple hours before draining the battery.
Just bought another one for my girl this Christmas as well, also got myself one of the sur rons. Been having a blast with this electric stuff. Loads of potential in the future.

I think my issue is I tried to be too cheap. Got any more details on the Luna cycles battery, oset parts, and throttle?

Post a reply to: Spoke with my outlet...Again!

The Latest