Spoke with my outlet

ben990
8/10/2018 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 6:30pm
mikec265 wrote:
2018 MXR demo from Motovate Performance in Victor, NY. Kyler really seemed to know the Alta products, and moto in general. My local gas bike dealers...
2018 MXR demo from Motovate Performance in Victor,
NY. Kyler really seemed to know the Alta products, and moto in general. My local gas bike dealers in Pennsylvania don't know the difference between a spark plug and an inner tube.
Motovate is 15 minutes from my house, and I rode your bike for a couple of minutes at one of their demos. Don't worry, I took it easy! Smile

I love my 2017 Alta, but like you (220 lbs) the suspension needed tweaking before I felt comfortable on it. I have a heavier shock spring, and I replaced the 4CS forks with a set of WP closed chamber forks with heavier springs. It is much better now.

I, like you, have a track in my backyard and can ride whenever I want, and my neighbors don't know I am out there, which to me is one of the best reasons for owning an Alta.

I also like the (lack of) maintenance on these things. 121 hours on mine, still running strong. I would sell my 4 strokes over the years at around 50-60 hours of use. And if I want to wrench, my vintage and pit bikes, or my son's kx85 always seem to be needing attention. The Alta is always ready to go; ride, plug in, repeat.

Go up 1 tooth on the front sprocket and map 4 becomes rideable and is awesome for motocross!

mikec265
8/10/2018 7:33pm
Thanks for the gearing tip. There are some Dyno charts on the Alta owners forum that I was looking at with results after front sprocket changes.
RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2351st
8/10/2018 8:03pm
mikec265 wrote:
2018 MXR demo from Motovate Performance in Victor, NY. Kyler really seemed to know the Alta products, and moto in general. My local gas bike dealers...
2018 MXR demo from Motovate Performance in Victor,
NY. Kyler really seemed to know the Alta products, and moto in general. My local gas bike dealers in Pennsylvania don't know the difference between a spark plug and an inner tube.
On another note how does that bike carrier handle 2 bikes?
mikec265
8/10/2018 8:48pm
The bike carrier sucks with a normal leaf spring suspension. Bought it on eBay years ago. It's some cheap off brand. My trailer was recently set up for watering so I used the hitch hauler. It makes the rear of the vehicle sag a lot. Honestly I would not recommend one unless you have an air ride rear suspension with a leveling valve. You could also buy a cheap air shock set up. Funny thing is I have 5 year old, new, air shocks, but never installed them.

The Shop

9/15/2018 1:13pm
Can you post some details on that discer?? Is it made to be pulled by a truck? How does it work? And how would you describe...
Can you post some details on that discer?? Is it made to be pulled by a truck? How does it work? And how would you describe the soil you're using it in?
mikec265 wrote:
Gravelly top soil. Just a really old basic set of discs with a pintle hook. They were made by John Deere a long long time ago...
Gravelly top soil. Just a really old basic set of discs with a pintle hook. They were made by John Deere a long long time ago. What you see there is redneck engineering.
So through sheer coincidence, my wife showed up with one of these a few weeks ago—works so good, I can't believe I haven't seen them used before.

Post a reply to: Spoke with my outlet

The Latest