Spoke with my...oh to hell with that....I picked up a double 450 yesterday

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2020 12:11 AM

2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

This thing is freaking sweet... broke it in proper today with a little off roading.

Looks like a giant next to my HD....

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/18/2020 12:32 AM

Cool pics, and great purchase! Congrats. You're going to have a lot of fun on that thing

|

6/18/2020 6:45 AM

Nice bike, but those stock tires Gotta Go....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/18/2020 7:21 AM

Once you get used to taking your streetbike anywhere you want in total comfort, as opposed to putting back and forth to the bar with your feet sticking way out in front of you , I bet the Hardley will be for sale.

ADV bikes are great, even if you never go off road. They have realistic ergo's. I have been on them for over ten years. I did miss the raw powe from my sportbike days so I got this three years ago....love it Photo

|

ride

6/18/2020 8:27 AM

user760a wrote:

Once you get used to taking your streetbike anywhere you want in total comfort, as opposed to putting back and forth to the ...more

Nice Katoom there!

Love my Springer "bar hopper". Despite it's looks, it's actually pretty comfortable. But yeah, the comfort level and performance/braking/handling is on a ridiculously different level with the Tiger. That said, the HD is the bike I want to have when I reach my destination. It's just so cool.

@GT80Rider - yes, those stock tires got a little squirrley off road yesterday. I'll wear em out and go with something a little more dual-purpose'ish eventually.

My wife laughed at me when I came home from that ride yesterday with a big stupid grin on my face.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/18/2020 7:11 PM

Pic of 68 rs/ss?

|

6/18/2020 7:17 PM

LMK when you want to hit the trails! Believe I’m just a bit north from you.

Photo

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

6/18/2020 7:20 PM

Congrats! Sweet bike.

|

6/18/2020 7:31 PM

I actually bought a 450 SXf FE just so i could justify a 790 Adventure R Rally in the future!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2021 KTM 350 SXF
2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/18/2020 11:02 PM

NorcalVet wrote:

Pic of 68 rs/ss?

From a few weeks ago....wife and I made a run up Palomar MTN...

Photo

I've owned this ol girl 28 years now.

Photo

Photo

|

6/18/2020 11:04 PM

Dimblewambie wrote:

LMK when you want to hit the trails! Believe I’m just a bit north from you.

Photo

Sounds like a great idea to me. Gotta get used to the bike first....and yeah...more dirt-able tires.

Nice bike BTW!

|

6/19/2020 6:31 AM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Sounds like a great idea to me. Gotta get used to the bike first....and yeah...more dirt-able tires.

Nice bike BTW!

Thanks! You as well.

What size tires does she run? I’ve been picking up some take off TKC-80s for my bike for 100-120, most budget friendly and a good 60/40 dirt tire.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

6/19/2020 9:59 AM

Dimblewambie wrote:

Thanks! You as well.

What size tires does she run? I’ve been picking up some take off TKC-80s for my bike for 100-120, most ...more

150/70 17 and 90/90 21s

|

6/19/2020 10:19 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Nice ride! I own a 68 RS/SS as well, but mine has been in a project state for the 35 years that I have owned it. Yours makes me want to get mine done! Thank you for the motivation!
Congrats on the new ride as well!

|

6/19/2020 10:31 AM

NorcalVet wrote:

Pic of 68 rs/ss?

Photo

Photo

Photo

Im all about that 02 35th with T Tops...mmmm. T56 car?

|

6/19/2020 10:33 AM

NorcalVet wrote:

Pic of 68 rs/ss?

Photo

Photo

Photo

Sweet ... I knew by the hood and the extra chrome moldings smile
I’ve had mine Maybe 27 years also 👍

|

6/19/2020 10:36 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

6/19/2020 10:57 AM

Nice bike! Been wondering how the new tigers are. I still have my 2012 Tiger 800XC. I use mine for street touring and don't really take it offroad. 500lbs is a little much in the dirt. Madstad windscreen makes a huge difference in wind noise and turbulence near the helmet.

Photo

|

6/19/2020 11:00 AM

We need a "multi-quote" feature...lol.

@YZDAD - Post up pics if you get a chance...

@NascarNate - No idea on the 35th...that photo was taken back in 2003/2004ish during a car show on San Diego bay. I would wager it's a T56...who in their right mind would buy a modern camaro with an automatic! (unless it's someone with some kind of disability/challege)

@ NorCalVet - WOW.....absolutely stunning 69 Z!! Houndstooth is the most beautiful interior of all time IMO. Looks like it's numbers matching car.

|

6/19/2020 11:08 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Nice bike! Been wondering how the new tigers are. I still have my 2012 Tiger 800XC. I use mine for street touring and don't ...more

Nice!

I've always been drawn to the Tigers and the 800's (from what I've read) are so highly regarded.

I was actually close to going with a new 2019 800....but the Showa suspension and new Brembo brakes is what pushed me over the fence to the 900.

I actually prefer the engine music the 800 makes....they changed the firing order on the 900. Same HP...but more torque. I have not been able to find one bad review on the 900.

What tires do you use?

|

6/19/2020 11:24 AM

Mate of mine did a lot of my R&D on that bike.. made just down the road, from me, unless its a Thai build .

|

6/19/2020 11:32 AM

This was a sweet build.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/19/2020 11:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2020 11:52 AM

2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

This thing is freaking sweet... broke it in proper today with a little off roading.

Looks ...more

I’m gonna have to request that you move it farther away from the Camaro.

Why? I don’t trust you...your gonna scratch my car when you swing your leg over that huge ADV scooter. That’ll REALLY piss me off!!

I love that car.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/19/2020 2:00 PM

Nice bike BTW!

Dimblewambie wrote:

Thanks! You as well.

What size tires does she run? I’ve been picking up some take off TKC-80s for my bike for 100-120, most ...more

150/70 17 and 90/90 21s

Check out the Mitas E07s, great 50/50 tire with much better on road feel than the TKC 80s.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

6/19/2020 10:34 PM

philG wrote:

Mate of mine did a lot of my R&D on that bike.. made just down the road, from me, unless its a Thai build .

It'll be Thai built. They've changed their plan a bit and have moved nearly all production to Thailand, and it seems like eventually no assembly will be done in the UK. They're planning on moving all the UK assembly line machinery to Thailand if I recall correctly, and replacing it with a new design office.

I might know your mate - I worked there until last November, and sat next to the team who did this bike smile

@Indian_Dunes_4ever I'm stoked to see you enjoying the bike - I saw a lot of the effort that went into designing it first hand!

|

6/19/2020 10:44 PM

Got Mea 1290 mx bike...
Photo

|

6/19/2020 11:48 PM

fullysicmate wrote:

Got Mea 1290 mx bike...
Photo

Ummm.... I’m not sure that’s a good idea !! unsure

|