Spoke with my credit union’s wallet

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2018 9:34 AM

Photo

I’ve been wanting a 350 for a very long time and I’m finally in a position to pull the trigger. A KTM dealership opened up down the street from me a few years ago and I had to drive by it every day on the way to work and see all the bikes. It was torture!

I’m hoping the draft from my credit union comes in today so I can pick it up and go play. (I’m off of work today) I left a deposit on it until it arrives. They couldn’t compete with the 2.24% x 36 otherwise I would’ve used their financing and walked there and rode it home lol. If it doesn’t come in today, I have to wait until Monday sad because of my schedule

2018 KTM 350 EXC-F is the model I went with. I went this route because my track days are long over and mostly will stay in the woods/trails, but yet still ride it into work if I want to. I’m looking at getting a full FMF header/muffler, JD Tuner or Vortex and maybe a set of super moto wheels in the near future. For now, I’ll enjoy it in stock form.
|

7/18/2018 11:27 AM

Credit Unions are awesome.

|

7/18/2018 12:35 PM

Awesome bike!

Does it have the Xplor suspension on it? Anybody know how that stuff handles aggressive off road riding from an A level rider?

|

7/18/2018 1:44 PM

Congrats!

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F
Daytona Dirt Riders (DDR)
Floridatrailriders.org (FTR)

7/18/2018 3:24 PM

Make sure you grease everything before you get it dirty..swing atm pivot, linkage and headstem.
Easier when it new and clean

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

7/18/2018 3:38 PM

A friend of mine is enjoying his 350. I want to give it a spin.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

7/18/2018 4:03 PM

Congratulations! Keep riding!

|

7/18/2018 4:21 PM

get rid of that rear license plate bracket Photo

|

7/18/2018 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2018 7:19 PM

LungButter wrote:

Awesome bike!

Does it have the Xplor suspension on it? Anybody know how that stuff handles aggressive off road riding from an A level rider?

I'll be honest, I have no idea if it does have it or not. If it does, I certainly won't be able to provide A level feedback either lol

Edit: Just went out in the garage and checked and it does have that shock

|

7/18/2018 6:59 PM

dan.karp.5 wrote:

get rid of that rear license plate bracket Photo

Yeah I'm not a fan of how far it hangs down.

PJRAUS - I plan too this weekend when I have free time. In the mean time, I'm going to ride it into work as long as the weather is nice the next few days.

|

7/18/2018 7:17 PM

I had to run into work for a meeting but was greeted with a nice envelope from my CU in it so I scrambled to find a ride at the last minute to no avail. So I grabbed my helmet and started walking lol. It’s only 1.8 miles do it wasn’t bad. Plus, if I didn’t get it today, it would have to wait until Monday and I think I would’ve been “sick” in the next few days tongue

Of course as I was finishing up the paperwork, my sister called and ask me to help her out with a leak and blockage in her kitchen sink so I didn’t get to play much.

Photo

My initial impression is that it’s very quiet and I’m definitely going to open things up and let her breathe get a little more power out of it. I think it’s going to be really fun once that is done. I can totally see putting super moto wheel on it being an absolute blast! It feels very light, but my other street bike is a 15 Dayna Wide Glide so compared to that, it is.

If anyone has any tips/tricks with these bikes, let me know.

Ruskymx

|

7/18/2018 7:26 PM

ruskymx wrote:

I had to run into work for a meeting but was greeted with a nice envelope from my CU in it so I scrambled to find a ride at the last minute to no avail. So I grabbed my helmet and started walking lol. It’s only 1.8 miles do it wasn’t bad. Plus, if I didn’t get it today, it would have to wait until Monday and I think I would’ve been “sick” in the next few days tongue

Of course as I was finishing up the paperwork, my sister called and ask me to help her out with a leak and blockage in her kitchen sink so I didn’t get to play much.

Photo

My initial impression is that it’s very quiet and I’m definitely going to open things up and let her breathe get a little more power out of it. I think it’s going to be really fun once that is done. I can totally see putting super moto wheel on it being an absolute blast! It feels very light, but my other street bike is a 15 Dayna Wide Glide so compared to that, it is.

If anyone has any tips/tricks with these bikes, let me know.

Ruskymx

Congrats!

|

7/18/2018 10:16 PM

First thing you gotta do is get a knobby if you aren’t going on the freeway. The pirelli scorpion XC is good. If you plan on riding at night get the Baja designs HID kit it makes a huge difference. Enduro Engineering radiator guards/braces if you plan on bashing it. I’m not sure about how this years model works as far as a desmog goes, but there’s kits out there that really unclog these bikes. huge difference right there. Also I would change the gearing if I planned on serious trail riding. It’s pretty tall stock.

Congrats on the new bike. Dual sports are a blast!

|

7/19/2018 7:50 AM

snackfedbear wrote:

First thing you gotta do is get a knobby if you aren’t going on the freeway. The pirelli scorpion XC is good. If you plan on riding at night get the Baja designs HID kit it makes a huge difference. Enduro Engineering radiator guards/braces if you plan on bashing it. I’m not sure about how this years model works as far as a desmog goes, but there’s kits out there that really unclog these bikes. huge difference right there. Also I would change the gearing if I planned on serious trail riding. It’s pretty tall stock.

Congrats on the new bike. Dual sports are a blast!

Thanks! This is my first dual sport and modern 4 stroke. The only other 4-stroke I rode was an XR200 back in the 90’s. The game plan with tires is to have a set for off-road and a super moto set for the road because I will ride it to work on nice days. First order of businesses is to desmog it and let her breathe. It feels like there’s more to be had and everything I have read says so (it’s on the internet so it must be true lol). I’ll check out that Baja HID kit because you can’t have too much light at night.

Ruskymx

|