Spoke with my banks financing department

Solidkm
8/31/2018 11:43am
Solidkm wrote:
I wish the bikes I buy were 6500-7000.
You must be buying the wrong bikes then.
Here we go again. Yes. The orange ones. In the size that no one else makes. With the hydraulic clutch. And the ones that get legit updates yearly. Thanks for asking tho.
JB500
8/31/2018 6:44pm
Falcon wrote:
Que the "why would you ever finance a dirt bike" posts in 3...2...1....
HusqFan3 wrote:
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i...
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i were to withdraw money that’s earning 5% interest to pay for something i can finance @ 1.9%. It’s called leverage people. The same reason Microsoft has $150Billion in cash yet still issues bonds(i.e. debt) to raise capital.
Wow. Just wow.
GoYamaha
8/31/2018 8:29pm
Just bought one myself. Has 82 minutes on it and now it will sit for 8-10 months. Sucks but atleast it was the best 82 minutes of my life. Bike absolutely RIPS. Try the TP map, its the bomb.

The Shop

8/31/2018 11:23pm
GoYamaha wrote:
Just bought one myself. Has 82 minutes on it and now it will sit for 8-10 months. Sucks but atleast it was the best 82 minutes...
Just bought one myself. Has 82 minutes on it and now it will sit for 8-10 months. Sucks but atleast it was the best 82 minutes of my life. Bike absolutely RIPS. Try the TP map, its the bomb.

Thanks for the feedback man I'm pretty excited! Curious how did you break in yours? I'm reading a lot of conflicting opinions here on the break in cycle
GoYamaha
8/31/2018 11:29pm
At my dealer where I work we do the first break in as every vehicle has to be tested for proper operation before we can let it leave legally and per our manufacturer requirements. However I did my a little different this time.
1) Start and let completly warm up
2) Idle bike around for 15 min then let cool
3) Start/warm up varying throttle up to 1/3 for 15 min and let cool
4) Start/warm up varying throttle up to 3/4 for 20 min and let cool
5) Start/Warm up and let it eat for 20 min and let cool
your done

jsy_ben
8/31/2018 11:44pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i...
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i were to withdraw money that’s earning 5% interest to pay for something i can finance @ 1.9%. It’s called leverage people. The same reason Microsoft has $150Billion in cash yet still issues bonds(i.e. debt) to raise capital.
TooOld4WFO wrote:
What financial institution pays 5% on a savings account of 500k?
HusqFan3 wrote:
None which is why i stated savings and not savings account; )
Go take your $500,000 saving somewhere somebody cares ! This post is about a stoked guy and his new bike, the bike looks MEGA btw congrats.
Solidkm
9/1/2018 6:01am
GoYamaha wrote:
At my dealer where I work we do the first break in as every vehicle has to be tested for proper operation before we can let...
At my dealer where I work we do the first break in as every vehicle has to be tested for proper operation before we can let it leave legally and per our manufacturer requirements. However I did my a little different this time.
your done

Having purchased a new bike this year too, I wanted to revisit this. Did quite a bit or research on it. Just run it. Warm it up, 3-4 minutes. then go ride it. Dragging your body around is different for the motor than running on the stand. be nice to it, but dont be afraid it either. Ride it for the the first 15, varying speeds, and letting it decel/engine brake into corners as this apparently loads the rings differently. Let it cool for 15-20, repeat getting a little harder on it, cool for 15-20, ride it again 15-20, dont dance with the rev limiter but ride it fairly normal. let it cool. Change the oil. good to go. Remember it was romped on at the factory already. Take it for what its worth.
nytsmaC
9/2/2018 7:26am
People are really pissed at this guy for having savings, lol! How dare he offer input on the subject of financing a bike which someone else brought up.

OP, congrats on the new bike.
yz133rider
9/2/2018 9:39am
GoYamaha wrote:
At my dealer where I work we do the first break in as every vehicle has to be tested for proper operation before we can let...
your done

Umm yeah id be pissed if some dealer monkeys put about an hour on my new bike. Dont do tbat. Infact dont even put gas in it, thanks.

You may be very knowledgable and good but that cant be said about most dealer employees.
GoYamaha
9/2/2018 9:45am
The dealer only starts it and test rides. They only really do the first part of the break in. As a tech, its my job according to the manufacture contracts to test every vehicle that is sold and that I prep for ownership. For instance with a bike, I warm it up the make sure it shifts through all gears, the breaks work and that the rad fan cycles (if it has one). That is it. Less then 5 min to do but it has to be done. We sold a Yamaha in a create a few years back at a different dealership and was heavily fined by the manufacture due to the liability it caused.
Bry145
9/3/2018 8:21am
Falcon wrote:
It's a good way to build credit.

Excellent credit can save one hundreds of thousands of dollars in a lifetime.

Combine that with staying single/childless and one can have a very good life with a modest income. And the freedom to go riding!

logan_140
9/3/2018 8:33am
Falcon wrote:
I never will again. Or i will put atleast half down.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/3/2018 8:55am
GoYamaha wrote:
The dealer only starts it and test rides. They only really do the first part of the break in. As a tech, its my job according...
The dealer only starts it and test rides. They only really do the first part of the break in. As a tech, its my job according to the manufacture contracts to test every vehicle that is sold and that I prep for ownership. For instance with a bike, I warm it up the make sure it shifts through all gears, the breaks work and that the rad fan cycles (if it has one). That is it. Less then 5 min to do but it has to be done. We sold a Yamaha in a create a few years back at a different dealership and was heavily fined by the manufacture due to the liability it caused.
I know it’s frowned upon, but I’ve bought my last 10 bikes still in the crate. Some dealers will not even entertain the idea, but I guess I’ve been lucky to develop relationships with my dealers.

OP-
Congrats on the new bike, it’s getting great reviews from the test riders.
adamdf
9/3/2018 9:07am
GoYamaha wrote:
The dealer only starts it and test rides. They only really do the first part of the break in. As a tech, its my job according...
langhammx wrote:
I know it’s frowned upon, but I’ve bought my last 10 bikes still in the crate. Some dealers will not even entertain the idea, but I...
I know it’s frowned upon, but I’ve bought my last 10 bikes still in the crate. Some dealers will not even entertain the idea, but I guess I’ve been lucky to develop relationships with my dealers.

OP-
Congrats on the new bike, it’s getting great reviews from the test riders.
I buy all my bikes in the crate as well. That's mainly because they are exported to me though.

I do assume that the dealerships still do some checks on the bikes even though they are in the crate.
JB500
9/3/2018 6:25pm
Falcon wrote:
Bry145 wrote:
It's a good way to build credit. Excellent credit can save one hundreds of thousands of dollars in a lifetime. Combine that with staying single/childless and...

Combine that with staying single/childless and one can have a very good life with a modest income. And the freedom to go riding!

Not borrowing money will save one even more....
Bry145
9/3/2018 6:41pm
Falcon wrote:
Bry145 wrote:
It's a good way to build credit. Excellent credit can save one hundreds of thousands of dollars in a lifetime. Combine that with staying single/childless and...

JB500 wrote:
What percentage of people can purchase a home or vehicle without borrowing money?

How many businesses have zero debt?

The 1950s are long behind us.

There is nothing wrong with borrowing responsibly and paying money back with a fair amount of interest. The economy depends on this. If/when consumer spending slows with the retirement/death of the Boomers and Gen. Y&Z being collectively booted from the nest, we will have a whole new economic landscape. Hopefully the Boomers do not live too long. If they do they will cost younger generations way too much in retirement and health costs. If taxes are raised to cover these costs, it will hurt the economy.

I bought a 16 YZ250 for $7,500, put $1500 down, and paid it off in a year. It cost very little in interest and looked good on my credit report.

CG118
9/3/2018 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 7:40pm
GoYamaha wrote:
Just bought one myself. Has 82 minutes on it and now it will sit for 8-10 months. Sucks but atleast it was the best 82 minutes...

Hooskow or deployment for 8-10 months?
JB500
9/4/2018 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 4:08pm
Bry145 wrote:

JB500 wrote:
Bry145 wrote:
What percentage of people can purchase a home or vehicle without borrowing money? How many businesses have zero debt? The 1950s are long behind us. There...
What percentage of people can purchase a home or vehicle without borrowing money?

How many businesses have zero debt?

The 1950s are long behind us.

There is nothing wrong with borrowing responsibly and paying money back with a fair amount of interest. The economy depends on this. If/when consumer spending slows with the retirement/death of the Boomers and Gen. Y&Z being collectively booted from the nest, we will have a whole new economic landscape. Hopefully the Boomers do not live too long. If they do they will cost younger generations way too much in retirement and health costs. If taxes are raised to cover these costs, it will hurt the economy.

I bought a 16 YZ250 for $7,500, put $1500 down, and paid it off in a year. It cost very little in interest and looked good on my credit report.

100% could if they chose to. It’s all about what you want and if you are willing to wait and save to get it. For example, I chose to take out a 12 year mortgage on our new house because I did not want to wait to have 100% of the purchase price saved up. Then again, real estate is generally considered an appreciating asset, so a large down payment, and shortest term possible while gaining value is a balance of risk I’m comfortable with. Buying a vehicle of any type is generally considered a depreciating asset,”right when you drive off the lot” so to me, borrowing money on something that is dropping in value makes no sense. And even if the interest rate is 0% you have to factor in risk. That’s what people tend to overlook so often. I buy brand new bikes every few years by saving for them. Cars are a few years old and still nice, because for a while I had things that weren’t so nice...as Les Brown says,” if you [do]today the things othere’s won‘t do, you can have the things tomorrow others won’t have”. Delayed gratification. All just my personal way about things. I enjoy motocross, however you get to the track, and to each his own. See you at the races.

Post a reply to: Spoke with my banks financing department

The Latest