Spoke with my banks financing department

Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 4:08pm
First completely new bike in 8 years. Seems like a space ship with all the fancy stuff compared to my 14. Obviously the shootout results were good but is anyone on here riding one yet? What do you think?

I haven't even had the chance to break it in yet, and waiting on some broke ribs to heal so I can go rip this thing in a couple weeks
|
RTDRacing
8/28/2018 11:06am
Congrats!! love the post title!!!!! My bank owns a lot of my stuff too!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/28/2018 11:11am
I see two stroke pipes hanging and a silencer on the right but don't see any new smoker? What a tease.

On a serious note, congrats on the new bike. There's nothing like a new bike.
752dad
8/28/2018 11:21am
Did the same last Friday after scattering our 2016 the Sunday prior.

KC

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/28/2018 11:32am
Que the "why would you ever finance a dirt bike" posts in 3...2...1....
8/28/2018 11:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I see two stroke pipes hanging and a silencer on the right but don't see any new smoker? What a tease. On a serious note, congrats...
I see two stroke pipes hanging and a silencer on the right but don't see any new smoker? What a tease.

lol that's my buddies Honda crap. I'm lucky enough to keep all our bikes at our shop we work at. Since you asked though he just finished this build. And yes we have a half pipe at work for uhh.... training purposes ?
8/28/2018 11:57am
Falcon wrote:
I get what you're saying but I'd like to think it's good for the industry and the only option for someone like me. At 5% interest I'm okay with it. Yamaha financing wanted to charge double that in interest
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/28/2018 12:04pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I see two stroke pipes hanging and a silencer on the right but don't see any new smoker? What a tease. On a serious note, congrats...

lol that's my buddies Honda crap. I'm lucky enough to keep all our bikes at our shop we work at. Since you asked though he just...
lol that's my buddies Honda crap. I'm lucky enough to keep all our bikes at our shop we work at. Since you asked though he just finished this build. And yes we have a half pipe at work for uhh.... training purposes ?
Well at least one of you knows what's up Laughing

Not sure how you get any work done when you have a playground in the shop. Half pipe, dirt bikes, good tunes, no problems.
8/28/2018 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 12:13pm
Really digging the SE colorway for this year.... that light blue on the white just speaks to me. Everyone is saying that bike is the tits....
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/28/2018 12:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

lol that's my buddies Honda crap. I'm lucky enough to keep all our bikes at our shop we work at. Since you asked though he just...
Tell him he need a factory fatty or he can GTFO!
mxj621
Fantasy
390th
8/30/2018 4:55pm
Falcon wrote:
I get what you're saying but I'd like to think it's good for the industry and the only option for someone like me. At 5% interest...
I get what you're saying but I'd like to think it's good for the industry and the only option for someone like me. At 5% interest I'm okay with it. Yamaha financing wanted to charge double that in interest
First off congrats on the new bike!!

I never understood why people say don't finance a bike.. I've never bought a bike after the age of 18 that I didn't finance. It's simple, put $1000 down or so, pay double the payment, sell it at the end of the year for the pay off or very close to it. Than repeat. In my experience I've always broke even or came so close it doesn't matter. So sack up and pay 8K right away or basically $3500 over the year and get a new one the next year. I just don't get it lol
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/30/2018 5:28pm
Falcon wrote:
I get what you're saying but I'd like to think it's good for the industry and the only option for someone like me. At 5% interest...
mxj621 wrote:
First off congrats on the new bike!! I never understood why people say don't finance a bike.. I've never bought a bike after the age of...

I never understood why people say don't finance a bike.. I've never bought a bike after the age of 18 that I didn't finance. It's simple, put $1000 down or so, pay double the payment, sell it at the end of the year for the pay off or very close to it. Than repeat. In my experience I've always broke even or came so close it doesn't matter. So sack up and pay 8K right away or basically $3500 over the year and get a new one the next year. I just don't get it lol
That, or pay your payments and accept the fact that you're paying some interest. I don't get the hate either.
I don't have $10,000 laying around. Do I want to ride? Yep. If I want a new bike, guess what I'm doing?
JB500
8/30/2018 5:44pm
mxj621 wrote:
First off congrats on the new bike!! I never understood why people say don't finance a bike.. I've never bought a bike after the age of...

If you broke that cycle you would get it.
To the OP, Bike looks beautiful . Heal up and get riding!
Solidkm
8/30/2018 5:56pm
No heat cycles.

Friend got one a few weeks ago. Absolutely loves it. And he’s riding better on it too.
dmm698
8/30/2018 5:56pm
Falcon wrote:
mxj621 wrote:

Yikes. Cost me less than that to buy a new bike, in cash, ride it for 2-3 seasons, sell, buy new again. Avoiding sales tax and hitting Kawasaki spring promo every time, usually anywhere from 6500-7k for a new 450, ride 2 seasons dump off for 4500, or 3 and dump off for 3500.
Drtbykr
8/30/2018 5:59pm
Wow, I love orange for some reason....used to be to be different. And once u use a hydraulic clutch and have e start, u ain’t leaving easy.

Best and fastest bike, Yamaha. Great motors and suspension.

U operate how I operate, I think still paying a few pennies a month on a new 82 750 Seca I bought the day after graduating from college. 22% interest!

Congrats, I love it.
Solidkm
8/30/2018 6:00pm
mxj621 wrote:

dmm698 wrote:
Yikes. Cost me less than that to buy a new bike, in cash, ride it for 2-3 seasons, sell, buy new again. Avoiding sales tax and...
Yikes. Cost me less than that to buy a new bike, in cash, ride it for 2-3 seasons, sell, buy new again. Avoiding sales tax and hitting Kawasaki spring promo every time, usually anywhere from 6500-7k for a new 450, ride 2 seasons dump off for 4500, or 3 and dump off for 3500.
I wish the bikes I buy were 6500-7000.
8/30/2018 6:08pm
Really digging the SE colorway for this year.... that light blue on the white just speaks to me. Everyone is saying that bike is the tits....
Panthers colors, lol
HusqFan3
8/30/2018 8:58pm
Falcon wrote:
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i were to withdraw money that’s earning 5% interest to pay for something i can finance @ 1.9%. It’s called leverage people. The same reason Microsoft has $150Billion in cash yet still issues bonds(i.e. debt) to raise capital.
TooOld4WFO
Fantasy
1450th
8/30/2018 10:55pm
Falcon wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i...
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i were to withdraw money that’s earning 5% interest to pay for something i can finance @ 1.9%. It’s called leverage people. The same reason Microsoft has $150Billion in cash yet still issues bonds(i.e. debt) to raise capital.
What financial institution pays 5% on a savings account of 500k?
captmoto
8/30/2018 11:18pm
For Gods sake do not heat cycle your bike. RTFM and follow the break in procedure. This isn't the 70's anymore. You'll just end up with a puddle of coolant on your floor and a cherry red header. Just go ride it.
8/31/2018 12:24am
captmoto wrote:
For Gods sake do not heat cycle your bike. RTFM and follow the break in procedure. This isn't the 70's anymore. You'll just end up with...
For Gods sake do not heat cycle your bike. RTFM and follow the break in procedure. This isn't the 70's anymore. You'll just end up with a puddle of coolant on your floor and a cherry red header. Just go ride it.
by heat cycle I just meant letting it get hot then riding it a bit at low throttle then changing the oil which is what my dealer told me to do. The manual says ride at less than half throttle for 20 mins, and then 3/4 throttle for 40 mins. I'm not sure how or where it would even be possible for me to putt around for an entire hour.

If you guys have other methods of braking in a brand new bike let's hear it
McRetnuh
8/31/2018 12:29am
captmoto wrote:
For Gods sake do not heat cycle your bike. RTFM and follow the break in procedure. This isn't the 70's anymore. You'll just end up with...
Very wrong. If a motor isn’t broken in properly with heat cycles, it’ll wear prematurely. There’s metal shavings all over a new motor. With heat cycles, it’s allowed to heat and cool and somewhat make the process smooth for the shavings to break in, so to speak. If you jab on a brand new motor full tilt, it just scars the shit out of the cylinder, and as we all know, up and down lines in the cylinder is compression loss for days
McRetnuh
8/31/2018 12:32am
captmoto wrote:
by heat cycle I just meant letting it get hot then riding it a bit at low throttle then changing the oil which is what my...
by heat cycle I just meant letting it get hot then riding it a bit at low throttle then changing the oil which is what my dealer told me to do. The manual says ride at less than half throttle for 20 mins, and then 3/4 throttle for 40 mins. I'm not sure how or where it would even be possible for me to putt around for an entire hour.

If you guys have other methods of braking in a brand new bike let's hear it
All my life I’ve done the 4 heat cycle process, putting oil in (obviously) first initial fire I let it just idle for about 10 minutes, shut off, let completely cool. Next is a 1/4 throttle for 15 minutes, completely cool. 1/2 throttle 15 minutes, cool down. Last is 3/4 throttle, 15 minutes, drop the oil
Texas Built
8/31/2018 1:31am
Heat cycles are not needed. Just dont Justin Bacia the bike for a bit and it will be fine. KTM puts their engines on a bench and rips them.
Mossy
8/31/2018 3:27am
Falcon wrote:
Exactly how I feel. The kx250f km getting is at 3.5% interest and around 115 per month ya can’t beat it. It’ll get me back at the track with a new bike. Wouldn’t do it if it was over 5% interest though
PJRAUS
8/31/2018 3:53am
Wow nice bikes! I really like the look of the white ones...
HusqFan3
8/31/2018 8:20am
Falcon wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
I financed every cent of my new bike and have more than $500k in savings. Why? Because I might have my Finance degree revoked if i...
TooOld4WFO wrote:
What financial institution pays 5% on a savings account of 500k?
None which is why i stated savings and not savings account; )
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/31/2018 8:22am
Warm it up at the track, ride a few laps at a mellow pace and then get on it!

Like my grandpa told my dad and like my dad told me, "If it don't hold together now, it won't hold together later."
mxb2
8/31/2018 8:28am
Falcon wrote:
X2 wgaf how a another person spends their own money.

Post a reply to: Spoke with my banks financing department

The Latest