Spoke to Santa Clauses wallet

brocster
Edited Date/Time 3/16/2019 7:48am
Had a good look in the mirror at Santa and said WTF.

Been a year since I pilon fractured my ankle and been on the mend since.

Sold the 450 about 6 months ago and recently started to get the feeling that I could ride again. Kicked around every fricken scenerio known to a man of moto. Modern, vintage, 250, 350, 450, two stoke, 4 stroke, 125, 250 etc. etc. Best scenerio I could come up with was to slow down a little and let the bike limit what I was capable of and settled on what was my first bike of my own a CR 125. First was a 1988 but I scooped up an exeptionally clean 2000 CR125and I am pretty stoked on it. Was bone stock cept for some RG3 off road suspension. Plastic showed its age but the rest of the bike is clean and low easy hours. Been through most of it but looking to sort the rest out at the track. Hope to get a ride in, in the next week or so and test the bike but more importantly the ankle which is doing exceptionally well if tou follow my other post for PRP therapy. Ride on dudes! See you around possibly.

Merry mXmas dudes!

|
Lightning78
12/24/2018 6:45pm
Although simple I gotta tell you I really like the look of that bike and my experience on the 2000/2001 CR125 was awesome! The last generation of them 2002 and up were slower than molasses though I think you made a good choice
ledger
12/24/2018 7:21pm
Nice bike ! and welcome back.
brocster
12/24/2018 7:28pm
Although simple I gotta tell you I really like the look of that bike and my experience on the 2000/2001 CR125 was awesome! The last generation...
Although simple I gotta tell you I really like the look of that bike and my experience on the 2000/2001 CR125 was awesome! The last generation of them 2002 and up were slower than molasses though I think you made a good choice
Thanks! Was going for the simple and refined look and am genuinely just happy to have another bike and a supporting wife that is ok with me still riding albeit way different. I’m hyped to ride it and just ended up with it by chance but really didn’t care how fast or slow just wanted another bike period. Thanks guys and again Merry mXmas
newmann
12/24/2018 9:04pm
Good choice with the 125, you can seem to save a lot of shit when things go sideways unlike on a 250 2 stroke or 450.

The Shop

jeffro503
12/25/2018 12:29am
Very , very nice Broc!! I hope you have a blast on that thing. very clean looking scoot btw!
jeffro503
12/25/2018 12:30am
Oh yeah.....and not only welcome back to riding , but welcome back to the 2 stroke fold!! Fun times ahead yeehaww!!
brocster
12/25/2018 5:26am Edited Date/Time 12/25/2018 5:29am
whose flash?
My son’s

@Newmann thats correct and one of the biggest decision makers for me choosing a tiddler. Can’t afford to let the power of a 450 sling me off into oblivion again.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/25/2018 6:18am
Congrats man! And welcome back! Merry Christmas!
12/27/2018 1:00pm
whose flash?
brocster wrote:
My son’s @Newmann thats correct and one of the biggest decision makers for me choosing a tiddler. Can’t afford to let the power of a 450...
My son’s

@Newmann thats correct and one of the biggest decision makers for me choosing a tiddler. Can’t afford to let the power of a 450 sling me off into oblivion again.
awesome. looks like a talented painter.
brocster
3/15/2019 9:29am
Thanks abomination. All of his paintings now are top quality. @brocmakesart

Update: According to my post above I wasn’t expecting it to be 3 month before I would actually make it out to the track but with all the rain I wasn’t exactly jonesing to ride in the mud for a test on the ankle and bike. However, I finally made it out to Milestone yesterday, with all of the wind, (thankfully) and what a great friggin day. Its been a year and 3 months from my accident and 1 year since I was allowed to start baring weight on it. Had not a single issue with my ankle, nor with the 125. My boot irritates one of the screws in my ankle but I have a remedy for that and I did some tuning on the bike throughout the day. Fun as hell re learning to ride a 125 again and pretty damn nice having a bike that limits what I can and cannot do much like the wind yesterday (thankfully). Felt good on the track immediately even on the spot where the accident happenend. Didn’t do two of the bigger jumps due to wind but that was definately a good thing for my first ride back and being a little rusty reflex wise. Long story short, Its great to be able to be riding again and I now have to ride in a way to preserve that as I have let go of the ego of being “fast”. Was a great day to be out riding again with my son. Ride on dudes! See you at the track! Braap braap!
captmoto
3/15/2019 9:34am
brocster wrote:
Thanks abomination. All of his paintings now are top quality. @brocmakesart Update: According to my post above I wasn’t expecting it to be 3 month before...

Update: According to my post above I wasn’t expecting it to be 3 month before I would actually make it out to the track but with all the rain I wasn’t exactly jonesing to ride in the mud for a test on the ankle and bike. However, I finally made it out to Milestone yesterday, with all of the wind, (thankfully) and what a great friggin day. Its been a year and 3 months from my accident and 1 year since I was allowed to start baring weight on it. Had not a single issue with my ankle, nor with the 125. My boot irritates one of the screws in my ankle but I have a remedy for that and I did some tuning on the bike throughout the day. Fun as hell re learning to ride a 125 again and pretty damn nice having a bike that limits what I can and cannot do much like the wind yesterday (thankfully). Felt good on the track immediately even on the spot where the accident happenend. Didn’t do two of the bigger jumps due to wind but that was definately a good thing for my first ride back and being a little rusty reflex wise. Long story short, Its great to be able to be riding again and I now have to ride in a way to preserve that as I have let go of the ego of being “fast”. Was a great day to be out riding again with my son. Ride on dudes! See you at the track! Braap braap!
Congratulations and please keep posting updates about your ankle. I've been told my only option is fusing for my ankle.
brocster
3/15/2019 3:20pm
brocster wrote:
Thanks abomination. All of his paintings now are top quality. @brocmakesart Update: According to my post above I wasn’t expecting it to be 3 month before...

captmoto wrote:
Congratulations and please keep posting updates about your ankle. I've been told my only option is fusing for my ankle.
I would say this and you can take for what its worth as I was told something similar. These were his suggestions in order if I could not find relief or atleast normal walking. Cortisone shots (did nothing), synthetic joint lubrication (temporary), PRP which I had (not covered by insurance. see my other post about it), stem cell treatment (not covered by insurance, really expensive) and last ankle fusion. He actually told me that I would be better off having it fused given its condition at the time but I can’t go down like that. I have to atlest try something else, which I did and its working this far. Follow my other post about it for updates there. Good luck man! PM me if you have any questions.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2449th
3/15/2019 5:31pm
super clean bike. Was the swing arm always that clean or did you have to use some elbow grease. I have a 2000 cr250 i just built and love it. just wish my arms and hands did also
brocster
3/15/2019 9:11pm
Was pretty damn clean to begin with but I did scuff it a little with a red scotchbrite pad. Frame as well.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
3/16/2019 7:47am
nice, if and its a big if.(T1 - T6 fused) I get back to riding I think ill go the same route. just to ride around would be great.

Post a reply to: Spoke to Santa Clauses wallet

The Latest