Spoke With My Wallet!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2018 10:05 PM

Long time lurker never posted here before. Come from a moto back ground with a little off road. I am 30 years of age been riding since the age of 4 years old. I raced 50’s all the way up to 250’s two stroke never really made a transition to the 4t’s, I have rode just about every make and model 4t’s I like all for different reasons. BUT I have always been a 125 guy. I spent the majority of my racing/riding career on 125’s and they have a soft spot in my heart. I was on CL Father’s Day weekend at breakfast with my wife and daughter and ran across an AD that caught my eye. There were no pictures just 2004 Honda CR125. I texted the guy, obviously it was not a good time to meet being Father’s Day weekend. We made arrangements to meet this week for me to look at the bike. I was not really expecting for him to ever contact me back, I figured he was bombarded with texts and calls being as Denver is a popular place and it was priced to sell. Fast forward to Tuesday evening I get a text at 4:30 asking if I was still interested. I told him I was and I could meet around 6. I show up with little to no expectations the bike would have been a good deal if it just ran. This is what I found! Original tires, not one molested bolt, all of the paper work from the dealer. The gentleman was in his late 40’s early 50’s. He had inherited the bike from a friend of his that had passed away. I was told the bike was used for yearly camping trips and had not been ran in quite a few years. I have yet to ride the bike it needs fork seals and shock seal which I hope to have tomorrow or Saturday. I cleaned the carb and flushed the fuel system and it fires right up. The only mods I have seen are the pro circuit expansion chamber, the FMF power core, and grips. I hope to have a ride report this weekend. Thanks for reading. Photo

|

6/21/2018 10:23 PM

Good 2T score, congratulations!

Watch that chain for stretch/adjustment and the white front brake line guide on the lower clamp - Appears to be pointed a touch downwards cool

|