Spill the beans

FerCzD
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2020 10:28am
So I've been reading in a few post that news on KR94 are coming... Why the secrecy? We are one week away from the nationals!! So for those in the know, what is it?

Injured while testing/training?
SX only?
Taking the summer off to take care of the so-called health issues?

I read also that Craig was spotted on a HRC machine, so I am more intrigued now.
|
USA
Fantasy
507th
8/8/2020 6:42pm
It's all speculation but it definitely looks like some people are hinting at Ken Roczen sitting out the series... I call BS until proven otherwise, Ken is a warrior.
yz25
8/8/2020 7:15pm
Man this would be terrible news. But haven’t seen much chatter about his outdoor testing. Looks to be all Chase.
88FYNN88
8/8/2020 7:34pm
I did notice Ken was in almost every training video AC9 posted during SX and in the past few weeks/month he has been MIA and does not seem to be training at his normal spot.....

The Shop

captmoto
8/8/2020 8:15pm
Will there even be Nationals? This covid thing seems to be running day to day right now in some states about how things will go.
xrmark
8/8/2020 11:45pm
langhammx wrote:

Lol
He could benefit from the time off. He’s doing the right thing, IMO
Doing the right thing?? Did I miss something? Did he get hurt or something? Couple bad motos at the track and now he has a new virus? Seems the right thing would be going out and racing.
Motofinne
8/9/2020 1:00am
langhammx wrote:
Roczen healing up for 2021 SX
Is the new 21 machine that good that hes all or nothing
langhammx wrote:

Lol
Yeah lets just sit out a series that you're getting paid to win?

via GIPHY

Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/9/2020 1:11am
Is the new 21 machine that good that hes all or nothing
langhammx wrote:

Lol
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah lets just sit out a series that you're getting paid to win? via GIPHY
Yeah lets just sit out a series that you're getting paid to win?

via GIPHY

Classic...LaughingLaughing
rongi#401
8/9/2020 1:21am
I swear this is half of you couch surfers when a rider becomes a champion, gets hurt really bad, fights to come back, wins again, and becomes sick in the process
If he doesn’t let his body rest it can be very bad in the long run, if you have never actually been ill then you probly have a hard headed opinion about this. But the guy might need a summer to relax and get healthy again. He can easily have another ten years in this sport at the top level if he chills out this summer and gets some real rest
rongi#401
8/9/2020 1:45am
P.s he’s a multi millionaire, he can take the f’ing summer off if he wants
pdub187
Fantasy
2544th
8/9/2020 2:18am
rongi#401 wrote:
It'd be interesting having that conversation with his employer...
Crush
8/9/2020 3:47am
He was pretty well voicing he didn’t want to do the bubble thing... add a newborn, more travel and it’s not all that surprising if that’s his stance.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/9/2020 3:50am
rongi#401 wrote:
pdub187 wrote:
He's a self employed contractor, technically. But if you're Honda, would you not want to get the most longevity/productiveness out of your investment? Or run it til it breaks?
neysbo
8/9/2020 4:26am
He was putting in motos last week in Florida and also spent alot of time in Cali after Supercross testing so not sure what is up.
Mike 13
Fantasy
253rd
8/9/2020 5:09am
Plus his wife is pregnant so why chance any other health issues. Maybe this is why Geico put CC on the 450.
8/9/2020 5:14am
rongi#401 wrote:
pdub187 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
He's a self employed contractor, technically. But if you're Honda, would you not want to get the most longevity/productiveness out of your investment? Or run it...
He's a self employed contractor, technically. But if you're Honda, would you not want to get the most longevity/productiveness out of your investment? Or run it til it breaks?
With a new crop of riders coming up every year you run whoever can get results
Spudnut
8/9/2020 7:28am
rongi#401 wrote:
I swear this is half of you couch surfers when a rider becomes a champion, gets hurt really bad, fights to come back, wins again, and...
I swear this is half of you couch surfers when a rider becomes a champion, gets hurt really bad, fights to come back, wins again, and becomes sick in the process
If he doesn’t let his body rest it can be very bad in the long run, if you have never actually been ill then you probly have a hard headed opinion about this. But the guy might need a summer to relax and get healthy again. He can easily have another ten years in this sport at the top level if he chills out this summer and gets some real rest
“Easily have another TEN years” I think you meant 5
Pink
8/9/2020 9:44am
rongi#401 wrote:
pdub187 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
He's a self employed contractor, technically. But if you're Honda, would you not want to get the most longevity/productiveness out of your investment? Or run it...
As much as people “think” there not expendable. Companies treat you like an orange, squeeze you as hard as they can until there is no juice left. Then discard you, and get another orange. Sorry but this is life and business!!
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/9/2020 10:04am
pdub187 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
Pink wrote:
As much as people “think” there not expendable. Companies treat you like an orange, squeeze you as hard as they can until there is no juice...
As much as people “think” there not expendable. Companies treat you like an orange, squeeze you as hard as they can until there is no juice left. Then discard you, and get another orange. Sorry but this is life and business!!
Well Honda stuck with him through the initial recovery, I think he'll get a little leeway. When he's on, they don't really have anyone to replace him with of that caliber. Ferrandis seems like he's either KTM or Yamaha, nobody else capable of winning is up for auction in the near future. I can't see Honda dropping Roczen right now unless he retires.
mxb2
8/9/2020 10:19am
Zycki11 wrote:
Ferrandis is staying Blue.
Correct.
kb228
8/9/2020 4:31pm
rongi#401 wrote:
pdub187 wrote:
It would be interesting hearing an employer put an at risk person that they’re heavily invested in in a situation for weeks on end to contract a virus that could kill him too.
8/9/2020 4:47pm
It's Roczen's career, health and well being at stake, so he can make his own choices, imho. I doubt it's a choice Roczen made lightly. I would love to see him race, but if he chooses to sit out, then I fully support him.
mb60
8/9/2020 5:36pm
Mike 13 wrote:
Plus his wife is pregnant so why chance any other health issues. Maybe this is why Geico put CC on the 450.
Did Tomac and his wife just not have a baby during the sx series ?
aeffertz
8/9/2020 5:44pm
Afraid this is going to be a reoccurring theme until he officially calls it a career. Health is the main priority no doubt but if it’s been 4 years and you still aren’t recovered, I don’t know if you ever will be. If he sits out the rest of 2020 and comes back in 2021 and starts having the same results do you say, well he needs more time to rest?

What is the time line for resting/healing? 6 years? I’m just confused. He’s said he was back to normal and rested from March-June. Then again from July-September. Is this just his new normal if he isn’t healed by now? Of course I wanna see him race but health is number 1. I‘m just confused because it’s been so long since his injuries and he’s claimed to have been checked over and over by health professionals claiming he’s fine.
rongi#401
8/9/2020 9:32pm
rongi#401 wrote:
I swear this is half of you couch surfers when a rider becomes a champion, gets hurt really bad, fights to come back, wins again, and...
Spudnut wrote:
“Easily have another TEN years” I think you meant 5
Look at Brayton, your a naysaying couchsurfer dude why does everyone have this bar graph your either going up or down mentality, he’s not a horse, you don’t shoot him when he stops “performing”

Post a reply to: Spill the beans

The Latest