Speculation about major changes coming - Main Event Moto

ProKawi24
9/6/2020 11:28am
Can’t believe there is only 1 person in this thread that’s in the right track 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s big, great for the sport! Most will be totally...
Can’t believe there is only 1 person in this thread that’s in the right track 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s big, great for the sport! Most will be totally shocked! Sorry boys I’m sure I’ll get plenty of “thumbs down” for this 🤣
Go on....
Spudnut
9/6/2020 12:56pm
GangGreen wrote:
Hopefully, MX Sports is getting rid of the ridiculously outdated double-displacement rule. These will go down as the dark ages of Professional MX. [b] That ridiculous...
Hopefully, MX Sports is getting rid of the ridiculously outdated double-displacement rule. These will go down as the dark ages of Professional MX. That ridiculous rule inadvertently killed the BEST PLATFORM EVER, the 250cc two-stroke.

Credit: Cudby photo / RacerX
Give us fun in 2021
2STROKES!
aeffertz
9/10/2020 6:52am
It was the Dungey story.
gti
9/10/2020 8:32am
So you guys know about the upcoming Mike Tyson fight? It's the first of what's being called "legends" events. Bball, boxing and tennis have already been tabled in the schedule. After seeing what's going on there and the rob buydos event during covid, I'm thinking we will be seeing Bradshaw and friends at some events....

The Shop

9/10/2020 12:34pm
Can’t believe there is only 1 person in this thread that’s in the right track 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s big, great for the sport! Most will be totally...
Can’t believe there is only 1 person in this thread that’s in the right track 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s big, great for the sport! Most will be totally shocked! Sorry boys I’m sure I’ll get plenty of “thumbs down” for this 🤣
I know something you guys don't! I'm important!
richter28
Fantasy
260th
9/10/2020 1:17pm
I believe it will be... later start than usual. Mostly east coast stadiums with 2 250 coasts being more like 2 divisions.
Multiple rounds at St Louis and Tampa, maybe other stadiums with not a lot going on and in states with fans.
MX Culture
9/10/2020 2:13pm
richter28 wrote:
I believe it will be... later start than usual. Mostly east coast stadiums with 2 250 coasts being more like 2 divisions. Multiple rounds at St...
I believe it will be... later start than usual. Mostly east coast stadiums with 2 250 coasts being more like 2 divisions.
Multiple rounds at St Louis and Tampa, maybe other stadiums with not a lot going on and in states with fans.
This is pretty much what I heard at Red Bud
Jesse318pnw
9/10/2020 3:46pm
Just guessing here, but how about an alliance between Supercross and Nascar of some sorts is in the works. DMG fronts Feld some much needed cash as an investor in the series which ultimately gives them total control over both SX and MX series which allows them to dictate number of SX vs. outdoors, etc. Monster is obviously title in both Nascar and Supercross and could help facilitate the deal. Nascar sees it as adding a younger fan base to certain race weekends and cross marketing. Perhaps Supercross kicks off at Daytona in Feb of '21 (not sure when and where on the premises exactly).
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/10/2020 3:52pm
richter28 wrote:
I believe it will be... later start than usual. Mostly east coast stadiums with 2 250 coasts being more like 2 divisions. Multiple rounds at St...
So the good for the fans part is that the season actually happens?
9/10/2020 4:00pm
To bring this thread full circle, it’s been confirmed by Daniel Blair that the hype was regarding the possible return to racing by Ryan Dungey.

Bummed out because I was hoping for something bigger. For me, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze and was way overblown. I take some responsibility for that.

Dungey racing again doesn’t do anything for me. Sure, it’s cool, but at the end of the day the status quo remains. At least for me it does.
9/10/2020 4:51pm
Qualifying and finishes no longer determines starting gate choice or order. Rider numbers will be called at random like bingo balls. Throwing ricky's constant talk about gate pick out the window.

I actually had something similar happen at this huge race. The gate numbers were thrown into a hat and you pulled out your gate number randomly each moto.
BigDaddyG
9/10/2020 6:04pm
I haven’t listened to the show in a few months, kinda got burned out on it. But I bet it’s 1of 2 things....
1) Vincent Blair is the new full time co-host
2) DB is in shape and riding a bit so he’s going to be mic’d up and throw down 2 laps while giving RC and Ralph the low down on track conditions.

But it’s probably Dungey coming back so Honda has a title contender whos not always sick, I am a KR fan, makes sense.
MXMattii
9/10/2020 6:18pm
One big streaming platform for MXGP/US Nationals/AMA SX/GNCC/Beach Races/International SX events (if they want too)/...

Or just SX going global in 2022

Post a reply to: Speculation about major changes coming - Main Event Moto

The Latest