Speculation about major changes coming - Main Event Moto

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2020 2:19 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed already.

On the most recent Main Event Moto, they did a segment on silly season and 2021. Daniel Blair hinted that he is almost certain there will be an “earth shattering” change coming soon that is bigger than any one rider, team or series. He said it’s not the “chase format” that is often hinted at, but that it will be “100% positive for the fans”.

The first thing that pops into my head, is some sort of merger or takeover by Feld and MX Sports to create a single, unified North America based MX/SX series.

My gut tells me maybe MX Sports were already struggling a bit even prior to COVID-19. As for SX, even as successful as this past SX season was from the outside, I think it perhaps was a bit of an eye opener for Feld and now they may be more willing to collaborate and mix things up. A deal like this could be more sustainable for all parties involved long term. All speculation on my part, of course.

What says the Vital brain trust?

|

9/2/2020 2:22 PM

Kinda agree, was brought up on the tweet segment of pulp on Monday and Steve said he had no idea what DB is hinting at, but did mention that he’s heard SX is for sale.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

9/2/2020 2:28 PM

Seems to me the first first step toward something like this was NBC taking SX from Fox. TV/streaming is the elephant in the room and with one network now covering both MX and SX, I could see them really pushing for a unified series. They are already mentioning the other series’ more often now, which is great and long overdue.

|

9/2/2020 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2020 2:30 PM

I haven’t listened to the latest Pulp show yet. Hadn’t heard that SX was for sale. That’s crazy if true. Hopefully, however this shakes out, they tell the FIM to pound sand...

|

9/2/2020 2:29 PM

I would be in favor of more hybrid type races like Daytona and the Charlotte MXGP race a few years ago. With the decline of Nascar I would presume some oval tracks would welcome the idea.

|

9/2/2020 2:34 PM

No way there is a unified series. Probably kicking Ralph out of the booth which would be "100% positive for the fans" laughing

|

9/2/2020 2:38 PM

Not going to comment , until we have more info. It could be many things. Some things may be really cool , some may really suck. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/2/2020 2:42 PM

You're close, but have one of the properties wrong.

Feld is merging Supercross with Disney on Ice.

|

9/2/2020 2:52 PM

Hmmm. If SX is for sale that means FELD wants out. Just my opinion but good riddance. The danger is we may get a devil worse than what we had. I believe MX Sports could do good things with SX but the price tag may be prohibitive. Maybe DC can lay out some usable info.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/2/2020 2:56 PM

plowboy wrote:

Hmmm. If SX is for sale that means FELD wants out. Just my opinion but good riddance. The danger is we may get a devil worse than what we had. I believe MX Sports could do good things with SX but the price tag may be prohibitive. Maybe DC can lay out some usable info.

Is it that way......or the other way around?
Personally , I hope DC never stops running the Nationals. The guy is a true to life , die hard moto fan that lives , eats and breath's this sport. And that is exactly the type of guy I want running our nationals.

Again though , I'm lost on all this , because I don't listen to podcasts.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/2/2020 2:58 PM

I think he’s trying to stir the pot. I’m hoping for changes that better the sport, but that’s not really in our history. Maybe Feld is telling the fim to stay in Europe.

|

9/2/2020 3:21 PM

+1 on what Matthes was saying about DB making some outrageous bold predictions sometimes... I honestly already thought the exact thing before Steve brought it up

|

9/2/2020 3:25 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

+1 on what Matthes was saying about DB making some outrageous bold predictions sometimes... I honestly already thought the exact thing before Steve brought it up

LOL:

Cooksey >>> Blair >>> everyone else

on the "throw out crazy shit" meter for the moto media (I'm not including Johnny Hopper, he's not media).

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

9/2/2020 3:27 PM

|

9/2/2020 3:33 PM

27 SX’s held per year at outdoor mx tracks?

|

9/2/2020 3:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2020 3:48 PM

I heard Infront Moto Racing was going to submit an offer to buy Feld the rights of SX, in an effort to unify all series and create the ultimate moto brawl championship in order to define the FMOTP for all and once.

|

9/2/2020 3:48 PM

Jack_Wagon wrote:

I would be in favor of more hybrid type races like Daytona and the Charlotte MXGP race a few years ago. With the decline of Nascar I would presume some oval tracks would welcome the idea.

I loved Charlotte GP. I’m in favor of those type of races.

|

9/2/2020 4:19 PM

Maybe I don't understand the current situation. Somebody set me straight. I thought Feld owned the rights to SX. I thought MX Sports owned the rights to MX. I never liked the circus atmosphere that Feld brought to SX (they are circus people...look it up). DC and MX Sports are core (disagree and see how high the flames get on yer butt). How can it be bad for core folks to run the whole shooting match? Now remember, the AMA/FIM control the rules on race day so you can't blame Feld or MX Sports for that stuff. Discuss.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/2/2020 4:25 PM

plowboy wrote:

Maybe I don't understand the current situation. Somebody set me straight. I thought Feld owned the rights to SX. I thought MX Sports owned the rights to MX. I never liked the circus atmosphere that Feld brought to SX (they are circus people...look it up). DC and MX Sports are core (disagree and see how high the flames get on yer butt). How can it be bad for core folks to run the whole shooting match? Now remember, the AMA/FIM control the rules on race day so you can't blame Feld or MX Sports for that stuff. Discuss.

No need to discuss as you put it perfectly

|

9/2/2020 4:28 PM

QUAD WARS 2021

|

9/2/2020 4:50 PM

plowboy wrote:

It’s my understanding Daytona motorsports group (DMG) own the rights to the motocross series and MxSports pays them to them run the series.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

9/2/2020 4:59 PM

Throw a bunch of mud at the wall and see what sticks.

|

9/2/2020 4:59 PM

seth505 wrote:

QUAD WARS 2021

You may be on to something. MX vs ATV in real life.

|

9/2/2020 5:03 PM

The promoters of Mx/sx need to work together. I think with both of them working as a team we can really grow this sport,market it,and bring new fans and possibly some outside sponsors and more national tv exposure. I’ve been riding since I was 5,now I’m 43 and I still remember as a kid my dad turning motorcycle racing on. We need to get these young kids involved in riding and get off the Xbox and cell phones. All it takes is one time and there hooked.

|

9/2/2020 5:10 PM

plowboy wrote:

Dimblewambie wrote:

It’s my understanding Daytona motorsports group (DMG) own the rights to the motocross series and MxSports pays them to them run the series.

I didn't know that. I thought Daytona was a "one off" event.

|

9/2/2020 5:50 PM

Can I say it? 4 strokes will be banned and only 2 strokes allowed to race SX/MX.

Talk about 100% positive for the fans and the riders.

Just checked with reality...that will never happen. Sh*t.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

9/2/2020 5:53 PM

Surprised it took that long

|

9/2/2020 5:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2020 6:00 PM

zehn wrote:

Surprised it took that long

Me too...but I'll hold onto that little 0.01% chance of them adding a 125 class to both or one of the series.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

9/2/2020 6:28 PM

Jam Sports is taking over SX

|

9/2/2020 6:40 PM

Photo
|