Spectrum series videos

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 2:01pm
Spectrum is a unique, in-depth eight episode documentary series highlighting today's professional Supercross and motocross athletes in a fashion never before seen within the sport. Featuring athletes such as Andrew Short, who is on his 15th year as a professional, to newcomers trying to make a name for themselves such as Luke Renzland; Spectrum dives deep into the psyche of the these athletes, all of whom are at different intersections of their careers. Showing viewers the different layers of such a demanding and, sometimes life-threatening sport.

The most recent video features Joachim Falden, who is an up and coming amateur, who voices his own opinions on Lorretta Lynn's. Some will agree and some will not, but either way... I hope you can appreciate the efforts of the trailer.

Being someone who had a son who raced amateurs and spent a lot of money going to the amateur nationals, I'd have to agree with the fact of how "important" it is to attend Lorretta Lynn's national. While the facility is top notch and the actual experience is very unique, the track is average, at best. For so much emphasis on this race, it would be great if the track was a little more challenging for the top kids in the country. JMHO

When my son was racing, we had several amateur nationals that we attended, because we HAD A CHOICE of which ones we could afford to go to. (Lake Whitney, Mosier, Ponca City, World Mini, Oak Hill, Mini O's, etc)
Times have changed and it seems that Lorrettas is the only race that matters anymore. Props to the Coombs family for keeping the race going thru some tough economical times, but I'd like to see some more diversity in the amateur ranks.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as a bashing on Lorrettas, that is not the reason for posting. There is some great stuff in all 4 videos, enjoy !!

Here's a link to the trailer-

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/spectrumseries
|
mxjef
7/26/2015 6:18pm
Props to that Falden kid for speaking his mind on how he feels and backing it up with the reasoning.
He seems like he's a smart kid whether you agree with him or not.
Good video about the struggles of being an amateur, I heard there was a lot of controversy with the video but out of the 30 minute video the only controversy I saw was a few minutes of the kid giving his opinion about LL's
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/26/2015 6:24pm
mxjef wrote:
Props to that Falden kid for speaking his mind on how he feels and backing it up with the reasoning. He seems like he's a smart...
Props to that Falden kid for speaking his mind on how he feels and backing it up with the reasoning.
He seems like he's a smart kid whether you agree with him or not.
Good video about the struggles of being an amateur, I heard there was a lot of controversy with the video but out of the 30 minute video the only controversy I saw was a few minutes of the kid giving his opinion about LL's
Yeah, he's not alone on his opinion. It's been a common topic for years, but with most of the other amateur nationals gone, it seems that Lorrettas has become even more important than ever to attend.

I really like the videos, it's nice to see someone bringing a new style to the MX world.
socalmx716
7/26/2015 6:28pm
Great series! Kyle Cowling makes stellar shit. Hopefully the North Koreans don't take it down.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
7/26/2015 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2015 6:44pm
Great series! Very refreshing to hear the real opinions of some of these guys in the ams.
Kyle did an awesome job on these videos. Apparently some people got upset about it, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Hopefully Falden doesn't get black balled over this.

The Shop

elmo
7/26/2015 8:01pm
First off, thank you for sharing, Langham. I appreciate that. Everything helps as this is 100% word of mouth. And, thank you to everybody above for the kind words. I appreciate it.

This was definitely an intense interview and, I think, a very tense episode. I knew Jo would be good on camera and speak his mind, but he far exceeded what I thought he'd say with his honesty and simply not being afraid to call it how he sees it. The feedback has been interesting, which I am happy about and wanted. Some people hated it and thought Jo was a total dick, while others really loved what he had to say about the amateur scene and related based off of their personal experiences, and the sport as a whole.

Like I've been saying, whether or not people agree with Jo, I do not care (we are all entitled to our own opinions, which is exactly what this episode is about: Jo's opinion), but it is just so incredibly refreshing to see somebody share their point of view without holding back or worried about backlash. That was the goal behind this series, and so far so good! Again, thanks for checking it out. Our wildly small crew greatly appreciates it.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
7/27/2015 6:59pm
These video series are really well put together. I really like how they are put together. They highlight riders and get behind the scenes that normally we dont get to see. Thanks Elmo for all the hard work you put into these.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/27/2015 7:36pm
Tiki wrote:
These video series are really well put together. I really like how they are put together. They highlight riders and get behind the scenes that normally...
These video series are really well put together. I really like how they are put together. They highlight riders and get behind the scenes that normally we dont get to see. Thanks Elmo for all the hard work you put into these.
This ^^^

It's refreshing to watch. There's been very few videos that have strayed away from the normal videos with the same old stuff. But none of them ever had this twist on the content. I can't wait for the next one....
elmo
7/27/2015 7:51pm
Thanks, fellas. Again, I appreciate it. Putting this stuff together has been an enormous undertaking and frustrating at times when rider A gets injured so you go to your Plan B rider and then your Plan B rider gets hurt, etc. But, we are four episodes in and four more to go and the reception, for being strictly word of mouth, has been great and the numbers are consistently growing. We'll keep plugging away. Just doing our best to show a unique and honest look into the sport, the riders, and their personal lives.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/27/2015 8:47pm
Bought the series last week, dig it!
elmo
7/30/2015 5:26pm
seth505 wrote:
Bought the series last week, dig it!
Thanks, Seth. I appreciate the support. Hope you enjoy the series!
mxjef
7/31/2015 12:22pm
Did Falden get hurt at LL's?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/31/2015 12:52pm
mxjef wrote:
Did Falden get hurt at LL's?
Looks possible, he was in the Open Pro Sport class and he has a DNF, DNS, DNS scores.
elmo
7/31/2015 2:01pm
Yes, ankle, first moto of the week.

Post a reply to: Spectrum series videos

The Latest