Speaking with my wallet - event version

benstone
Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 6:30am
I was on the fence about attending Millville this year (I go every other year or so) and after learning that Eli is out, I've decided to not go this year. I know you're all very excited to get my scheduling update, but I was curious how many core MX fans end up making decisions about attending events based on who's racing? With RV2 dropping out to run the GP's there was some talk about attendance numbers. I would have to assume that with a lack a serious battle at the front of the pack on the big bike class, there is going to be some people who just won't feel like prioritizing a live race.

Maybe SX and MX are different in this regard too - MX is a bigger commitment in terms of time and travel usually.
|
pete24
6/3/2015 5:58am
we go to Dilla every year doesnt matter whos racing never has
kiwisonfire
6/3/2015 6:02am
I have gone to Millville every year for the past 7-8 years. Sometimes the hype is bigger than other years but there is always a battle to watch and new things to pay attention to: not just the guys up front. Not to be harsh but personally I think cancelling your trip just because Eli is out is really stupid. You've got the potential for the Martin brothers to both podium at home which would be epic. I remember a few years ago when Jeremy led the 2nd moto over Tomac for over half the race I don't think I've ever heard the crowd that loud in my life! Don't miss out this year man!
Fantasy
4478th
6/3/2015 6:10am
I guess rider attendance is a small factor for me. It definitely sucks Eli is out but I'll be at Millville regardless. I'll still get to hangout with my moto bros and watch the fast guys throw big whipertails. Plus, riding at Meadow Valley is worth the trip alone.
Darryl916
6/3/2015 6:24am
I'm a fan of the sport. I've gone to my local race every year I was physically able since I got into motocross. I don't care who is on the gate. Same with TV. I'm still gonna record it and watch it. There are no really local SX races or I'd go to that too. Ticket prices and good seats selling out a year ahead of time has stopped me from driving 10 hours to Atlanta though like I used to though.

The Shop

Tumblin
6/3/2015 6:30am
Besides getting the opportunity to finally pull my jaw back up off the carpet the racing finally got good after ET took that lift off the track. Maybe NBC is going to bonus the track crew?
I'd expect tighter racing...and it certainly sucks.

Post a reply to: Speaking with my wallet - event version

The Latest