Speaking with my wallet - RM 250!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2019 7:21 PM

I took some time off racing/ riding to sell a house and build another. Now that life is about to be settled I started looking for a clean 250, and look what I found: a 2004 RM 250 with title, in as good as shape as I’ve seen one. Only thing not stock are the bars, and new tires due to the old ones being dry. Nothing on the bike has been apart other than that.

What is some advice regarding the 04’s?? I had an 05 RC addition for a bit and loved it, and also have had many YZ 250’s, but I couldn’t pass up this deal. Picking it up in the morning!

Photo
Photo

|

2/18/2019 7:44 PM

Nice

|

2/18/2019 7:51 PM

I'll end up throwing it in the bike builds section eventually. Right off the bat i'll likely just put some backgrounds on it, springs for my weight (195), a flywheel weight, black gripper seat, a bar bend I like... and rip it.

But, what I will do eventually is:

Wheel sets (probably yellow with billet hubs)
Chain & sprockets
PR2 Suspension
PR2 Motor
FMF Pipe & Silencer
Boysen rad valve
Hinson Clutch cover
Boysen Ignition Cover
Magura Hydro Clutch
Newest style RMZ front brake master cylinder
270mm front wave rotor
rear wave rotor
Stiffer clutch springs (& i'll evaluate the clutch at that time)
Plastics & graphics

but for now... enjoy a 15 year old bike with warning stickers still on it...

|

2/18/2019 7:52 PM

Having owned a few of these I would say... Clutch basket, plates etc.... These are great bikes IMO. Make certain the cyl wall is good, upgrade clutch and you are off.

This is a great looking bike! If nothing else has been done... I am jealous, jealous as shit.

|

2/18/2019 7:59 PM

holyroller1 wrote:

Having owned a few of these I would say... Clutch basket, plates etc.... These are great bikes IMO. Make certain the cyl wall is good, upgrade clutch and you are off.

This is a great looking bike! If nothing else has been done... I am jealous, jealous as shit.

From what the guy said, a 45+ y/o owned it, and rode it a handful of times. The current owner bought it from him and rode some trails and some fields with his friends who soon lost interest and bought side-by-sides. Motor has never even been apart, clutch cover off, nothing.

I just hope the air filter isn't dry and sucking into the carb. We'll see in a few hours. He sent a bunch more pics of it cleaner, with a video... and it's cherry.

|

2/18/2019 8:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 8:03 PM

Shit Stephen. With your attention detail you can do whatever you want with that thing ! are you still in Virginia ?

You could probably put 50 hours on it as it sits and be happy.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/18/2019 8:07 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Shit Stephen. With your attention detail you can do whatever you want with that thing ! are you still in Virginia ?

You could probably put 50 hours on it as it sits and be happy.

Yeah, i'm in Virginia for good. We planted some roots, so now I am ready to have some fun again. 50 hours will probably take me two years, ha. So I'll keep her stock for this year and have plenty of fun with it over the winter making it nice!

|

2/18/2019 8:11 PM

Miss seeing you at the races up here in Ohio/pa. Don’t miss your builds tho! Still kicking myself for not getting your last Honda smoker.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/18/2019 8:20 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Miss seeing you at the races up here in Ohio/pa. Don’t miss your builds tho! Still kicking myself for not getting your last Honda smoker.

I’m planning on coming up this summer with a Cody Fry, we’ll have to meet up!

|

2/18/2019 11:21 PM

Bike is mint-great find.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

2/18/2019 11:44 PM

If u find another like that send it my way!

|

2/19/2019 1:36 AM

If you’re near Virginia I found a 02 CR 100% stock that might even have less hours.

|

2/19/2019 2:58 AM

Wow, great find!

|

2/19/2019 8:35 AM

Check out the Rekluse Radius CX clutch. It's worth every penny. You'll probably still want a small FWW on it also. The RM's had the lightest stock flywheel out of all of the Japaneese OEM's.

|

2/19/2019 8:43 AM

I think I’ve seen that bike a few times on the FB Market. Clean bike. Congrats

|

2/19/2019 8:43 AM

Nice find man!! Shes a real beaut!!!

|

2/19/2019 9:24 AM

Oh man, what a find. I want one but I can't find anything close to that condition.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/19/2019 9:42 AM

Freshhhh

|

2/19/2019 10:44 AM

Rolling home with it now. 100% the freshest used bike i’ve ever had. It wasn’t always cleaned to my standards but doesn’t have any corrosion or pitting. A good pressure wash session, and a tear down to inspect, clean, grease and this bike will look near showroom.

Photo

|

2/19/2019 11:02 AM

|