Speaking Of Motocross Calendar Glitches...

Rupert X
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 2:08pm
So, I know this is a waaaays down the road, but something to ponder in your wacky moto-minds....

2015 -AUGUST 22 - Crawfordsville, Indiana - Final Round of your AMA Motocross series

2015-SEPT 20- Glen Helen, California (Almost a MONTH later) Final round of your MXGP season.

2015-SEPT 27-Ernee, France - MOTOCROSS " DES" NATIONS (THE VERY NEXT WEEK !)

1. As USA Team Manager, do you have your team race at Glen Helen, to get some "race-action" in, before the big show ?

2. Nope, the bikes have already been shipped.

3. Nope, we don't need any recent race experience, we're good

4. Yep, we need to be racing.

DISCUSS:

|
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/23/2015 9:21am
I would like to see them race, but I dont think they will.
Rupert X
2/23/2015 9:33am
mx510 wrote:
I would like to see them race, but I dont think they will.

I'm with your brother, IF I was Team Manager, I would determine that a month away from RACING is TOO MUCH.

We CANNOT lose this prestigious race again.

It does seem odd that there's no break between the last moto of the season, generally there's a couple weeks, at least (?)

* And then, as a BONUS question, providing RV is healthy, do you appoint him to the squad ?

Mxdnusa
2/23/2015 9:37am
Race- yes
RV- yes

Anything else would be unmerican.
Trav138
2/23/2015 9:57am
Not an excuse but MXDN is a month after the US series is over. So it would be good to race GH GP i doubt they will though.

The Shop

TeamGreen
2/23/2015 10:04am
I'll bite:

RV
RD
JM6 or Coop

And, yes, you let'em race The Glen on their FIM set-up running the FIM spec fuel.

Note: I'm seeing JS7 on the 2016 Team (just got a new Crystal Ball and it's got better settings)
Grieby54
2/23/2015 10:12am
Here's a question for you, with plenty of "what if's." If RV is doing well over in the GPs and if RD is second in the AMA championship points (say to Canard or Tomac), does RD still get the nod because Decoster is running the team?
Skippie
2/23/2015 10:17am
Grieby54 wrote:
Here's a question for you, with plenty of "what if's." If RV is doing well over in the GPs and if RD is second in the...
Here's a question for you, with plenty of "what if's." If RV is doing well over in the GPs and if RD is second in the AMA championship points (say to Canard or Tomac), does RD still get the nod because Decoster is running the team?
Doubt it, Decoster isn't that type of guy. He'll send whoever has the best chance of winning.
Grieby54
2/23/2015 10:22am
Grieby54 wrote:
Here's a question for you, with plenty of "what if's." If RV is doing well over in the GPs and if RD is second in the...
Skippie wrote:
Doubt it, Decoster isn't that type of guy. He'll send whoever has the best chance of winning.
What if (and it's a BIG what if) James is that points leader. Does James get the nod over RD still?
Cygnus
2/23/2015 10:24am
Grieby54 wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Unless it's JS7. RD doesn't care for James from rumors I've heard.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/23/2015 10:29am
Good question. I don't know. You could also head over to France 2 weeks early and get some more testing in. Coming off of a full season, I don't think the racing will play as much of a benefit as getting over there and getting the bikes dialed.
moto282
2/23/2015 10:32am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 10:32am
Dungey has really struggled at MXDN last few years. Hasn't looked like himself. I think we should try a new team this year. RV is an obvious choice but would like to see Canard go if he has a good outdoor series. Martin is a likely candidate too.
Grieby54
2/23/2015 10:56am
moto282 wrote:
Dungey has really struggled at MXDN last few years. Hasn't looked like himself. I think we should try a new team this year. RV is an...
Dungey has really struggled at MXDN last few years. Hasn't looked like himself. I think we should try a new team this year. RV is an obvious choice but would like to see Canard go if he has a good outdoor series. Martin is a likely candidate too.
Dungey is the guy who knows how to win a championship based on consistently great performance. For the MXdN, we need the guys who know how to win based on an "all on the line" approach.

Dungey is a great rider to have on the team because you know he won't be the one to give you a bad finish, but the second edge to that sword is that he's not the guy to have on the team when you absolutely need to win.
Ripper02
2/23/2015 12:17pm
moto282 wrote:
Dungey has really struggled at MXDN last few years. Hasn't looked like himself. I think we should try a new team this year. RV is an...
Grieby54 wrote:
Dungey is the guy who knows how to win a championship based on consistently great performance. For the MXdN, we need the guys who know how...
Dungey is the guy who knows how to win a championship based on consistently great performance. For the MXdN, we need the guys who know how to win based on an "all on the line" approach.

Dungey is a great rider to have on the team because you know he won't be the one to give you a bad finish, but the second edge to that sword is that he's not the guy to have on the team when you absolutely need to win.
This is obviously pure conjecture, but I don't think it would be right to leave the Dunge outta this years MXDN. If RV does well and wins the MX1 World title and then is picked for the MXDN team, I think it would somewhat take a bit of the pressure off the Dunge and hopefully he might do a little better. You have to think over the last three MXDN he has had all the pressure of being out there with the help of another premier rider (RV, Stew). And also I think RV and Dunge kind of feed off each other. I think one of the coolest moments is the last moto of the MXDN in 2011 when they knew they had to go 1-2 to get the win and they did it. And I bet if you had to ask RV who he wanted on the team he would say Dunge, even if he was trailing in the points to Canard or Tomac. Lot of mutual respect between those guys.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
2/23/2015 12:32pm
You have the bikes there, but just run your own practice motos the week before the GP. Save the entry fees for post-MXdN victory cigars.

H
HenryA
2/23/2015 2:00pm
moto282 wrote:
You might be onto something here, team France ditched Marvin Musquin and that turned out pretty good.
2/23/2015 2:07pm
Just send the 2015 USA MXoN team to Glen Helen's GP. And never change your mind about it !

Wink

Post a reply to: Speaking Of Motocross Calendar Glitches...

The Latest