Space X Launch

Rhino
12/24/2017 11:33pm
If you read the captions, you can clearly tell some of that is total bullshit.

The Hubble Space Telescope looked to the stars in 2013 and found a character from the classic video game Space Invaders.

Saturn's small moon Atlas is an identified orbiting object that happens to look a bit like the classic Earth version of a retro-style UFO piloted by aliens.

Citizen scientist Jason Major processed an image taken by NASA's Juno spacecraft in 2017. The rotated image shows two storms that look like eyes and a wide mouth etched into the planet's swirling storm systems.

Dwarf planet Pluto displays an interesting surface in this 2016 image from NASA's New Horizons spacecraft. It shows an icy-plains region with a strange black formation near the center.

Processed the image? Does that mean Photoshopped the Image?

How in the hell do they know there are storms on a planet 365 MILLION miles away?
They don't.
Those "Storms" Never End. The Red Eye is supposedly a storm. It never changes!

Icy Plains Region? Pluto is 4.67 BILLION miles away. Maybe it's really white sandy beaches? It's all guessing.

I just don't buy what the Nasa people are selling. They have to keep their funding coming though. It's great entertainment.

They had Pluto as a planet forever, then declassified it. Now it's considered a "Dwarf Planet" Why didn't they just leave it alone?

Hut
12/25/2017 9:52am
So if they would have reworded the captions you would have believed it to be true?
Rhino
12/25/2017 10:53am
Hut wrote:
So if they would have reworded the captions you would have believed it to be true?
Not at all.
Storms on Jupiter? How come they never move and always look the same?

I guess you could say storms there last a million years? Or maybe its not a storm at all. It's a guess.

Icy fields on a Planet billions of miles away? Could it be white sand and 100 degrees? 1,000 degrees? Maybe.

It's all imaginative thinking.

The Shop

Hut
12/25/2017 10:58am
"Astronomy is one of the many tools of the devil..." -mama
APLMAN99
12/25/2017 11:54am
Hut wrote:
Rhino wrote:
If you read the captions, you can clearly tell some of that is total bullshit. [i]The Hubble Space Telescope looked to the stars in 2013 and...
If you read the captions, you can clearly tell some of that is total bullshit.

The Hubble Space Telescope looked to the stars in 2013 and found a character from the classic video game Space Invaders.

Saturn's small moon Atlas is an identified orbiting object that happens to look a bit like the classic Earth version of a retro-style UFO piloted by aliens.

Citizen scientist Jason Major processed an image taken by NASA's Juno spacecraft in 2017. The rotated image shows two storms that look like eyes and a wide mouth etched into the planet's swirling storm systems.

Dwarf planet Pluto displays an interesting surface in this 2016 image from NASA's New Horizons spacecraft. It shows an icy-plains region with a strange black formation near the center.

Processed the image? Does that mean Photoshopped the Image?

How in the hell do they know there are storms on a planet 365 MILLION miles away?
They don't.
Those "Storms" Never End. The Red Eye is supposedly a storm. It never changes!

Icy Plains Region? Pluto is 4.67 BILLION miles away. Maybe it's really white sandy beaches? It's all guessing.

I just don't buy what the Nasa people are selling. They have to keep their funding coming though. It's great entertainment.

They had Pluto as a planet forever, then declassified it. Now it's considered a "Dwarf Planet" Why didn't they just leave it alone?

ns503
12/25/2017 12:03pm
I've heard there are some people out there who actually think the earth is round. Can you believe that shit?
jeffro503
12/25/2017 12:16pm
Hut wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Not at all. Storms on Jupiter? How come they never move and always look the same? I guess you could say storms there last a million...
Not at all.

I guess you could say storms there last a million years? Or maybe its not a storm at all. It's a guess.

Icy fields on a Planet billions of miles away? Could it be white sand and 100 degrees? 1,000 degrees? Maybe.

Yeah....we just look.Silly There is no such thing as thermal imaging and so forth , or the other 50 different imaging dynamics. You're starting to sound like one of those " Flat earther " kinda dudes.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/25/2017 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2017 1:30pm
This article explains how they do it in regards to the images.
So YES it's pretty much like they photoshop/edit them before being released to the public.

When Hubble beams down images, astronomers have to make many adjustments, such as adding color and patching multiple photos together, to that raw data before the space observatory's images are released to the public.
https://www.space.com/8059-truth-photos-hubble-space-telescope-sees.html
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/25/2017 4:51pm
Two stroke snowmobiles w/FI.
Rhino
12/25/2017 5:17pm
Hut wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Not at all. Storms on Jupiter? How come they never move and always look the same? I guess you could say storms there last a million...
Not at all.

jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah....we just look.:silly: There is no such thing as thermal imaging and so forth , or the other 50 different imaging dynamics. You're starting to sound...
Yeah....we just look.Silly There is no such thing as thermal imaging and so forth , or the other 50 different imaging dynamics. You're starting to sound like one of those " Flat earther " kinda dudes.
Common sense tells everyone it's round.

Other than the sun, You can thermal image something hundreds of millions, or even multiple Billions of miles away and much much smaller than the sun? LOL, OK.
borg
12/25/2017 5:50pm
Rhino wrote:
Not at all.

jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah....we just look.:silly: There is no such thing as thermal imaging and so forth , or the other 50 different imaging dynamics. You're starting to sound...
Rhino wrote:
Common sense tells everyone it's round. Other than the sun, You can thermal image something hundreds of millions, or even multiple Billions of miles away and...

Other than the sun, You can thermal image something hundreds of millions, or even multiple Billions of miles away and much much smaller than the sun? LOL, OK.
I think you are on to something. I mean on something.
markit
12/25/2017 7:31pm
ns503 wrote:
I've heard there are some people out there who actually think the earth is round. Can you believe that shit?
And some that don't believe in Bigfoot.
Rhino
12/25/2017 7:34pm
borg wrote:
Why don't you tell us how far it works for the military.
Then explain what you're on to believe such stories.
jeffro503
12/25/2017 7:41pm
Rhino wrote:
Not at all.

jeffro503 wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Common sense tells everyone it's round. Other than the sun, You can thermal image something hundreds of millions, or even multiple Billions of miles away and...

YES!....you fool , it's called a spectrometer!

What is a spectrometer?

A spectrometer is an tool commonly used by astronomers which splits the light collected by a telescope into its colors. This allows astronomers see the details in the light from space. Astronomers know how to get a lot of special information about a space object by studying its light. By using spectrometers, we can find out the temperature of an object in space, learn which direction it is traveling, find out how fast it is going, figure out its weight and even find out what it is made of. Spectrometers help us learn all of this from light!

We pretty much knew down to 99% fact exactly what mars was 40 years ago before viking rovers 1&2 ever landed on it.

You really need to step back from the typing part of this conversation and do some god damn research. You sound like that guy months ago that was arguing with me about the polar core drilling that dated back 20,000 years ago. In which those sample showed what our atmosphere was like down to the exact decade.....and he still argued that they couln't be real. For fucks sake , some of you have your head in the sand when it comes to absolute 100% scientific proof.
jeffro503
12/25/2017 7:44pm
borg wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Why don't you tell us how far it works for the military.
Then explain what you're on to believe such stories.
Again.....it's called science. Maybe go learn some of it before you jump into a topic like this.
Rhino
12/25/2017 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2017 8:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Again.....it's called science. Maybe go learn some of it before you jump into a topic like this.
You should probably read up on what a scientist does and how they derive their data.

Let me help you with that, from say Wiki or others.

A scientist is a person engaging in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge that describes and predicts the natural world.

They exhibit a strong curiosity about reality. Until the late 19th or early 20th century, scientists were called "natural philosophers" or "men of science"

In laymans terms, you could say their predictions, or philosiphies are "Educated Guesses"

Rhino
12/25/2017 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2017 8:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
YES!....you fool , it's called a spectrometer! What is a spectrometer? A spectrometer is an tool commonly used by astronomers which splits the light collected by...
YES!....you fool , it's called a spectrometer!

What is a spectrometer?

A spectrometer is an tool commonly used by astronomers which splits the light collected by a telescope into its colors. This allows astronomers see the details in the light from space. Astronomers know how to get a lot of special information about a space object by studying its light. By using spectrometers, we can find out the temperature of an object in space, learn which direction it is traveling, find out how fast it is going, figure out its weight and even find out what it is made of. Spectrometers help us learn all of this from light!

We pretty much knew down to 99% fact exactly what mars was 40 years ago before viking rovers 1&2 ever landed on it.

You really need to step back from the typing part of this conversation and do some god damn research. You sound like that guy months ago that was arguing with me about the polar core drilling that dated back 20,000 years ago. In which those sample showed what our atmosphere was like down to the exact decade.....and he still argued that they couln't be real. For fucks sake , some of you have your head in the sand when it comes to absolute 100% scientific proof.
I know all that.
Sorry but thermal imagining wont work on something that small or that far away as our other planets.

It works for the sun because the sun is 110 times bigger than earth. Think about that for a second. And it's only 93 million miles away. If it was 93 billion, it would be mighty cold. And dark. Even if it was as far as pluto at 4.67 billion miles, it would be cold and dark.

Good luck with the others. Too small and too far. Got anything else?
jeffro503
12/25/2017 8:48pm
Rhino wrote:
I know all that. Sorry but thermal imagining wont work on something that small or that far away as our other planets. It works for the...
I know all that.
Sorry but thermal imagining wont work on something that small or that far away as our other planets.

It works for the sun because the sun is 110 times bigger than earth. Think about that for a second. And it's only 93 million miles away. If it was 93 billion, it would be mighty cold. And dark. Even if it was as far as pluto at 4.67 billion miles, it would be cold and dark.

Good luck with the others. Too small and too far. Got anything else?
***sigh***.....this will be my last reply to you , because you are to stupid to even understand what you're talking about. Why you're frantically trying to google shit to prove a point on something you have no clue about....let me fill you in on something. The sun is NOT 110 times bigger than the earth. The sun is 1.3 million times greater than the earth! Meaning you could fit 1.3 million earths inside it.

All stars ( suns ) put out heat , in various ways and colors , temps , ect... Meaning?......that once we can view it " here! " on planet earth , we can read it! We wait until a planet crosses in front of it before they can study it. Depending on how that planet reacts to it's neighboring sun , gives us a ton of information.

You truly are an idiot. You're googling things so fast about things you don't understand , you're reading the first two lines in your search and just blabbing them out. Haha.....I'll spend my time talking with someone who actually knows what he's talking about. Sun only a 110 times bigger than the earth? haha........pretty small sun to warm up a complete solar system. Ya whack job.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/25/2017 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2017 9:19pm
Funny, but his posts in this thread are following the same non-sensical pattern like Rhino\Skidaddle\premixjunky\mortgagepauls’ have in the past.
Hut
12/25/2017 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2017 9:32pm
Nice ^^^
jeffro503
12/25/2017 11:14pm
https://fstoppers.com/timelapse/stunning-time-lapse-spacex-falcon9-rocket-launch-209260 [embed] SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Launch from Jesse Watson on Vimeo.[/embed]
You realize how much SpaceX could have made if they would have made a phone call to Nike before the launch? " Hey Nike.....if you wanna put some coin down , we'll make sure when we launch , the exhaust burn will look like a big Nike swish!.....except it'll be upside down."

That was cool as hell void!
jeffro503
12/25/2017 11:21pm
kzizok wrote:
Funny, but his posts in this thread are following the same non-sensical pattern like Rhino\Skidaddle\premixjunky\mortgagepauls’ have in the past.
It's him. It's always him. The dude literally lives at his desk and and looks for people to debate / argue with every.....single....day. Over all the years I have seen him post here , usually after a few weeks to a month , I know it's him again. Going on about account #70. Bugs me when he dips into threads like this that I'm passionate about. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a total geek for this kinda stuff. Anything to do with the Ocean , Biology , space , science in general....I love it. Then you get some jack hole that comes in and stinks up the whole thread.
APLMAN99
12/25/2017 11:38pm
kzizok wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
It's him. It's always him. The dude literally lives at his desk and and looks for people to debate / argue with every.....single....day. Over all the...
It's him. It's always him. The dude literally lives at his desk and and looks for people to debate / argue with every.....single....day. Over all the years I have seen him post here , usually after a few weeks to a month , I know it's him again. Going on about account #70. Bugs me when he dips into threads like this that I'm passionate about. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a total geek for this kinda stuff. Anything to do with the Ocean , Biology , space , science in general....I love it. Then you get some jack hole that comes in and stinks up the whole thread.
Yeah, as a general rule I'm a proponent of letting people be anonymous and not bringing their IRL personas onto the board, but I have to admit that he's one guy I wouldn't mind to have us all take up a collection and purchase Eddie's services to bring everything about PaulyG out in the open.......!
KMC440
12/26/2017 9:06am
I saw a titan IV launch from Vandenberg once. Was really cool. You shudda bin thair. Them's real noisy.

Post a reply to: Space X Launch

The Latest