Southwick Inclement Weather

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2019 3:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 4:04 AM

So its raining pretty hard with thunder and lightning right now in Massachusetts. All weather sources say its going to stop in a bit, but then return at 1:00pm and last until 7:00 pm. Not just rain but thunder and lightning and it says it will be very severe at times. How do we find out whats going on with the race? What happens when theres going to be lightning for the entire race schedule like today? Ive never seen this before during mx so I dont know. I know we already had a moto cut this year due to lightning, would they cut a whole race? Does it get rescheduled? I mean they have to cancel the race if its going to be thundering, but do they try to start early maybe?

Im trying to find out where information about scheduling is posted, cancellations, inclement weather etc... Not sure if its going to be cancelled or what, but they cant race in this, so Im trying to find out before I head to the race.

|

6/29/2019 3:44 AM

They race until theres lightning

|

6/29/2019 3:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 3:50 AM

Yea... theres lightning right now. So they havent even started yet and theres already thunder and lightning. Then the weather says its going to stop, and then come back from 1-7pm. So?

|

6/29/2019 3:49 AM

Hopefully it will clear off

|

6/29/2019 3:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 3:57 AM

It will, but then come back at 1pm and last until 7 pm. Thats not good. Im not asking for hope, Im asking where do we find out from race officials directly what the situation is? Twitter? Facebook? Their website? I dont see anything so far. I dont want to drive there just to get turned around, but I dont see them racing in this either. Its pretty bad right now and Im sure this same thing will be here at 1:00. Has there been an entire race cancelled before?

It IS GOING to lightning from 1:00 to 7:00pm. Its thundering right now. So what happens?

|

6/29/2019 4:03 AM

I think you need to calm down.

|

6/29/2019 4:04 AM

I guess ill drive there and find out. Its no different than any other race weekend.

|

6/29/2019 4:04 AM

You can find out at the track! There’s no place like what you describe to find that kind of info. Racer X Twitter would probably be your best bet.

|

6/29/2019 4:05 AM

Does anyone know what time the lightning is supposed to start and end?

|

6/29/2019 4:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 4:13 AM

JB 19 wrote:

Umm Im plenty calm bro... Im asking where do I find out information from promoters so I dont drive 2 hours there and get turned around and drive 2 hours back as I look out my window right now and its friggin POURING and lightning... right now at 7am.

Im in MA right now. Its thundering and lightning right now... Its friggin POURING rain... right now.. Thats very relevant. Asking about this weather Im LOOKING AT is not me needing to calm down. Then the weather says its going to thunder and lightning from 1-7pm. It also says at times it will be very severe and 3 inches of rain by 3pm. Thats on top of thunder. Thats when the race is. So... thats why Im asking. I should have known instead of ANY quality info of where to find out scheduling directly from the promoter Id just get a bunch of snarky comments, people sayin calm down when Im asking about the lightning Im hearing with my own ears and people sayin just drive alll the way there to find out.... I hate this place some times for real.

|

6/29/2019 4:14 AM

drt410 wrote:

Umm Im plenty calm bro... Im asking where do I find out information from promoters so I dont drive 2 hours there and get turned around and drive 2 hours back as I look out my window right now and its friggin POURING and lightning... right now at 7am.

Im in MA right now. Its thundering and lightning right now... Its friggin POURING rain... right now.. Thats very relevant. Asking about this weather Im LOOKING AT is not me needing to calm down. Then the weather says its going to thunder and lightning from 1-7pm. It also says at times it will be very severe and 3 inches of rain by 3pm. Thats on top of thunder. Thats when the race is. So... thats why Im asking. I should have known instead of ANY quality info of where to find out scheduling directly from the promoter Id just get a bunch of snarky comments, people sayin calm down when Im asking about the lightning Im hearing with my own ears and people sayin just drive alll the way there to find out.... I hate this place some times for real.

So I want to make sure I have it right. The lightning is from 1-7? They aren’t going to cancel the race beforehand. If you’re scared that it might not go down, don’t go. You’re not going to find any info like you seek.

|

6/29/2019 4:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 4:17 AM

JB 19 wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Im an hour west its doing nothing. Ive only missed 1 southwick in 30 years i dont recall any issues whatsoever.

|

6/29/2019 4:18 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

So I want to make sure I have it right. The lightning is from 1-7? They aren’t going to cancel the race beforehand. If you’re scared that it might not go down, don’t go. You’re not going to find any info like you seek.

Weather app says 50% chance thunderstorms from 1-6 right now.

|

6/29/2019 4:18 AM

Change the thread title.. jesus.. stay home if you dont want to risk a wasted journey but dont fuck the job for everyone.. we had the same deal a few weeks ago.. weathet forecast said torrential rain and we had a 10 minute shower. 10 miles away it was a deluge.

|

6/29/2019 4:19 AM

It cannot lightning for that long. If it starts , they'll stop it, and wait. It doesn't get dark until 9:00pm and in my opinion, Southwick gets better when wetter !!!!

Photo

|

6/29/2019 4:19 AM

JB 19 wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

Yes. Its lightning right now Im listening to it as I type. Its also fucking POURING rain. Its 7:15am. The weather says from 1pm-7pm it will be like this right now, lightning, and it says very severe storm weather 3 inches of rain by 3pm. Its severe right now so I can imagine.

So if nobody will put out any type of information about whats going on I guess its up to us to decide. It IS GOING TO lightning for basically the entire race schedule so I guess that means dont go. I dont care about rain at all, but they cancel racing due to lightning, as they already did this year, and I dont wanna drive there for nothin. Dont care about rain, do care about no racing due to lightning that is going to be occurring and is already been occurring for a couple hours.

|

6/29/2019 4:20 AM

JB 19 wrote:

drt410 wrote:

dedi684 wrote:

Im an hour west its doing nothing. Ive only missed 1 southwick in 30 years i dont recall any issues whatsoever.

Im an hour east and its friggin pouring right now and been lightning for 2 hours already.

|

6/29/2019 4:21 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

Yes its already started. Its going to stop in a bit, but then start again at 1 and last until 7.

|

6/29/2019 4:23 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Yes its already started. Its going to stop in a bit, but then start again at 1 and last until 7.

laughing It was sarcasm buddy. You’ve said it’s going to lightning from 1-7 like 10 times. We got it. Sounds like you shouldn’t go. Don’t think you could handle it.
|

6/29/2019 4:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 4:28 AM

philG wrote:

Change the thread title.. jesus.. stay home if you dont want to risk a wasted journey but dont fuck the job for everyone.. we had the same deal a few weeks ago.. weathet forecast said torrential rain and we had a 10 minute shower. 10 miles away it was a deluge.

If someone decides to not drive to a race completely based off a thread title that is asking a question and NOT saying anything definitive whatsoever and they dont even bother to read anything at all past the title, which if they did I did NOT say it IS cancelled whatsoever and just base it entirely off that misinterpreted thread title that DOES NOT say it IS cancelled then they are a friggin dumbass and would probably get lost on the way there anyways... This is vital tho.

|

6/29/2019 4:25 AM

Sounds like the story of the entire new england race season. Weather looks like shit so do i drive 2 to 4 hours or stay home. Going gets the W staying home gets you nothing. Lol

|

6/29/2019 4:25 AM

JB 19 wrote:

drt410 wrote:

calm down

|

6/29/2019 4:28 AM

philG wrote:

drt410 wrote:

If someone decides to not drive to a race completely based off a thread title that is asking a question and NOT saying anything definitive whatsoever and they dont even bother to read anything at all past the title, which if they did I did NOT say it IS cancelled whatsoever and just base it entirely off that misinterpreted thread title that DOES NOT say it IS cancelled then they are a friggin dumbass and would probably get lost on the way there anyways... This is vital tho.

But the thread title is changed.

|

6/29/2019 4:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 4:31 AM

Yup I changed it back to its original title because apparently I may cause chaos for someone who bases entire days decisions off vital thread titles that they misinterpret the meaning to.

|

6/29/2019 4:31 AM

I'd head for the track and see what happens. Sure, if it get cancelled for some reason, you will have wasted the day but if it's freaking pouring anyway, what else are you going to do? I doubt MX Sports is going to cancel this far ahead. It will be a "Game time" decision.... Rain or shine as we used to say!

|

6/29/2019 4:31 AM

drt410 wrote:

Yup I changed it back to its original title because apparently I may cause chaos for someone who bases entire days decisions off vital thread titles that they misinterpret the meaning to.

I think it's a good move on your part. Did they say what time the lightning was going to be around?

|

6/29/2019 4:33 AM

drt410 wrote:

What did you consume today? Some cocaine, speed? U need to chill man

|

6/29/2019 5:00 AM

JB 19 wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Photo
|

6/29/2019 5:01 AM

drt410 wrote:

Yes. Its lightning right now Im listening to it as I type. Its also fucking POURING rain. Its 7:15am. The weather says from 1pm-7pm it will be like this right now, lightning, and it says very severe storm weather 3 inches of rain by 3pm. Its severe right now so I can imagine.

So if nobody will put out any type of information about whats going on I guess its up to us to decide. It IS GOING TO lightning for basically the entire race schedule so I guess that means dont go. I dont care about rain at all, but they cancel racing due to lightning, as they already did this year, and I dont wanna drive there for nothin. Dont care about rain, do care about no racing due to lightning that is going to be occurring and is already been occurring for a couple hours.

Calm down

|

6/29/2019 5:06 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

drt410 wrote:

Someone said earlier there’s a 50% chance of thunderstorms between 1-7. That does not mean it will be storming the whole time, just that there’s a chance during that time period. It’s weather man it’s unpredictable it may not do anything, take another drink of coffee and calm down.

|