Southwick Pits

Edited Date/Time 7/17/2021 7:19am
Mookie multi year deal with Husky with training at bakers Factory (done and ink drying)

Osbourne maybe calling it a career

Webb leaving bakers factory as well as other members. Also rumblings that he would like to finish his career on a Yamaha

No one signed at PC and team could do complete overhaul of its riders

Bobby Hewitt team has stalled

|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/14/2021 1:36pm
A lot of truth in some of those rumors so I wouldn't bet against any of them. I have seen crazier stuff happen.Cool
JHP540
7/14/2021 1:38pm
Mookie multi year deal with Husky with training at bakers Factory (done and ink drying) Osbourne maybe calling it a career Webb leaving bakers factory as...
Mookie multi year deal with Husky with training at bakers Factory (done and ink drying)

Webb leaving bakers factory as well as other members. Also rumblings that he would like to finish his career on a Yamaha

Osborne training already like hes coming back.
why would Webb leave KTM where hes won 2 SX titles?
Shimoda just signed a 1 or 2 year deal earlier this year.

could be wrong on the top two just my thoughts on it.
glad to see Mookie getting a full factory ride too.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/14/2021 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2021 1:44pm
Mookie multi year deal with Husky with training at bakers Factory (done and ink drying) Osbourne maybe calling it a career Webb leaving bakers factory as...

JHP540 wrote:
Osborne training already like hes coming back. why would Webb leave KTM where hes won 2 SX titles? Shimoda just signed a 1 or 2 year...
Osborne training already like hes coming back.
why would Webb leave KTM where hes won 2 SX titles?
Shimoda just signed a 1 or 2 year deal earlier this year.

could be wrong on the top two just my thoughts on it.
glad to see Mookie getting a full factory ride too.
I agree about Webb, he is the best of the best in SX on the KTM and would be crazy to switch.
I still remember hearing that McGrath wouldn't sign the new Honda contract and was going to Suzuki a couple weeks before A1. said no way in hell that would happen and yet it did.
7/14/2021 1:48pm
Might possibly see Mookie at few outdoors if Husky runs out of 450 guys.

Webb is still under contract for another year but anything is possible for 23’

Could also see a teammate for Barcia next year.

Could also see a top 10 guy going to SX only deal.

The Shop

crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
7/14/2021 1:53pm
If Mookie is training at Aldon’s, it would be a huge bummer to not see him race outdoors. Ugh, the possibilities
7/14/2021 2:11pm
Might possibly see Mookie at few outdoors if Husky runs out of 450 guys. Webb is still under contract for another year but anything is possible...

Any more info on who that would be that may be going indoors only? My first guess would be Anderson but I could see a few guys going that route.
DonM
7/14/2021 2:15pm
Might possibly see Mookie at few outdoors if Husky runs out of 450 guys. Webb is still under contract for another year but anything is possible...

Any more info on who that would be that may be going indoors only? My first guess would be Anderson but I could see a few...
Any more info on who that would be that may be going indoors only? My first guess would be Anderson but I could see a few guys going that route.
Nope Kawi won’t do SX only contract…most likely a Star Yamaha rider…
mb60
7/14/2021 3:24pm
Jo Shimoda PC team leader and pay increase. Stamp it
Plus Hammaker just won a sx his rookie year. Don't see him getting away from PC next year.
SCC
7/14/2021 3:47pm

Any more info on who that would be that may be going indoors only? My first guess would be Anderson but I could see a few...
Anderson went sx only years ago just didn't announce it
Dimblewambie
7/14/2021 3:55pm

DonM wrote:
Could you give me a number between 2 and 4 of it happening?
7/14/2021 4:08pm

DonM wrote:
And here we might have the reason Tomac switched from Green to blue??

Just thinking out loud..

Kawi won’t accept SX only contract
Tomac wants full effort to win SX championship and sit out all summer.
Yamaha offered him just that.

Possible.
Camp332
7/14/2021 4:16pm
I hope the Malcolm rumor is true!
Nairb#70
7/14/2021 4:20pm
Where the Southwick pits are now, is where the infamous section known as "the frog pond" used to be before the track was overhauled back in 2003. It included an uphill that 125's had trouble getting up. Just some food for thought.
7/14/2021 4:38pm

Mookie deal has been done for some time.

Osbourne making a run at 2022 then done.

Lots of chatter about CW2 moving back to Star, however, unconfirmed as yet. Note: Coop left Aldon some time ago.

Hammaker & Shimoda coming back 100%. Smith done, Forkner likely switching to a Euro brand.

Hewitt Honda deal on ice for now.
7/14/2021 4:44pm

Mookie deal has been done for some time. Osbourne making a run at 2022 then done. Lots of chatter about CW2 moving back to Star, however...

Lots of chatter about CW2 moving back to Star, however, unconfirmed as yet. Note: Coop left Aldon some time ago.

Hammaker & Shimoda coming back 100%. Smith done, Forkner likely switching to a Euro brand.

Miss one for PC - Mcadoo coming back for another run
7/14/2021 4:46pm
Just wondering, what's the appeal for Webb going back to the Yamaha? That just seems highly unlikely. He looked pretty damn comfy on that KTM this year. Although I don't understand why he isn't getting any results on it outdoors. He was a gnarly outdoor rider in his 250 days.
DonM
7/14/2021 4:50pm
Just wondering, what's the appeal for Webb going back to the Yamaha? That just seems highly unlikely. He looked pretty damn comfy on that KTM this...
Just wondering, what's the appeal for Webb going back to the Yamaha? That just seems highly unlikely. He looked pretty damn comfy on that KTM this year. Although I don't understand why he isn't getting any results on it outdoors. He was a gnarly outdoor rider in his 250 days.
He’s not its continued noise from the TMZ crew…he has another year on his KTM contract, he’s not going anywhere
7/14/2021 4:57pm
And here we might have the reason Tomac switched from Green to blue?? Just thinking out loud.. Kawi won’t accept SX only contract Tomac wants full...
And here we might have the reason Tomac switched from Green to blue??

Just thinking out loud..

Kawi won’t accept SX only contract
Tomac wants full effort to win SX championship and sit out all summer.
Yamaha offered him just that.

Possible.
This seems like a likely scenario, and it wouldn't be the first mention of his Star contract being SX only. It'd be disappointing if this turns out to be true, though. In my opinion outdoors is far more entertaining than SX and obviously the more people who can win the better.
YZ302
7/14/2021 5:00pm
I snuck into the pits and got photobombed. Good times at Southwick !

aeffertz
7/14/2021 5:01pm
Mookie deal has been done for some time. Osbourne making a run at 2022 then done. Lots of chatter about CW2 moving back to Star, however...

Yes, thank you. The OP was a bit behind and off on most things.

And since we’re talking silly season, the AP to KTM is finalized as well.
mb60
7/14/2021 5:06pm

Plus Forkner has one more year at PC. Sounds like the whole team at PC will be back but not sure about Smith.
DonM
7/14/2021 6:10pm

mb60 wrote:
Plus Forkner has one more year at PC. Sounds like the whole team at PC will be back but not sure about Smith.
And probably one hot amateur moving up to PC…
austin_bo
Fantasy
228th
7/14/2021 6:58pm
Star’s pockets must be pretty extensive if they’re going to staff Eli, Ferrandis, Pless, and Webb… not to mention a team of 250 champions.

Maybe an obvious observation, but something strange seems to be going on at Aldon’s if every is jumping ship.
DonM
7/14/2021 7:15pm
austin_bo wrote:
Star’s pockets must be pretty extensive if they’re going to staff Eli, Ferrandis, Pless, and Webb… not to mention a team of 250 champions. Maybe an...
Star’s pockets must be pretty extensive if they’re going to staff Eli, Ferrandis, Pless, and Webb… not to mention a team of 250 champions.

Maybe an obvious observation, but something strange seems to be going on at Aldon’s if every is jumping ship.
Not everyone’s jumping ship just Webb…and it appears that AP will be on KTM, Webb isn’t going anywhere he is under contract with KTM…This Hopper/Cooksey BS rumor won’t go away because there are too many fools that believe their BS or have heard it 3rd or 4th hand so they think its true…it’s not!
7/14/2021 8:01pm

If no one signed at pc what was the picture of joe s signing a contract at pc a few weeks ago about?
JBlain619
7/15/2021 6:15am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2021 6:16am

Completely wrong about PC. They're full for 2022.
austin_bo
Fantasy
228th
7/15/2021 7:46am
austin_bo wrote:
Star’s pockets must be pretty extensive if they’re going to staff Eli, Ferrandis, Pless, and Webb… not to mention a team of 250 champions. Maybe an...

DonM wrote:
Not everyone’s jumping ship just Webb…and it appears that AP will be on KTM, Webb isn’t going anywhere he is under contract with KTM…This Hopper/Cooksey BS...
Not everyone’s jumping ship just Webb…and it appears that AP will be on KTM, Webb isn’t going anywhere he is under contract with KTM…This Hopper/Cooksey BS rumor won’t go away because there are too many fools that believe their BS or have heard it 3rd or 4th hand so they think its true…it’s not!
Yes, probably a bit of an exaggeration saying "everyone", but Andersen left last year, and Webb this year. Maybe my memory deceives me, but aren't there other big names that have moved on from his program within the past couple of years? Marv and Osbourne must be edging toward the end of their careers. Who's left after that? All speculations here...
GabeM
7/15/2021 8:11am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2021 8:11am

Some Dude with a source "Deep in the Industry" Posted it was Tomac with Yamaha. I can't find the thread though, probably deleted. That makes the most sense.
DonM
7/15/2021 8:17am
austin_bo wrote:

DonM wrote:
Not everyone’s jumping ship just Webb…and it appears that AP will be on KTM, Webb isn’t going anywhere he is under contract with KTM…This Hopper/Cooksey BS...
austin_bo wrote:
Yes, probably a bit of an exaggeration saying "everyone", but Andersen left last year, and Webb this year. Maybe my memory deceives me, but aren't there...
Yes, probably a bit of an exaggeration saying "everyone", but Andersen left last year, and Webb this year. Maybe my memory deceives me, but aren't there other big names that have moved on from his program within the past couple of years? Marv and Osbourne must be edging toward the end of their careers. Who's left after that? All speculations here...
Anderson left before the 19 season started so it’s been quite a while…right now he has Marv, Zach and RJ under him and he only handles 4 riders so I would assume that either AP or Mookie will be there next year…Mike Brown trains the other riders there like Swoll, Robertson, Mosiman and Deano that are on separate tracks and a separate building than the others…time will tell

Post a reply to: Southwick Pits

The Latest