Southwick National - Main Races Bench Racing

tek14
7/10/2021 2:37pm
When Ferrandis is on fastest laps of race or passing people right and left they will miss it.. when he is saving bike and rollin around they film it for 20mins...
7/10/2021 2:48pm
tek14 wrote:
When Ferrandis is on fastest laps of race or passing people right and left they will miss it.. when he is saving bike and rollin around...
When Ferrandis is on fastest laps of race or passing people right and left they will miss it.. when he is saving bike and rollin around they film it for 20mins...
They didn't show Tomac on tv the 2nd moto? I was at the race. You missed a clinic. Wow
Press516
Fantasy
126th
7/10/2021 2:56pm
tek14 wrote:
When Ferrandis is on fastest laps of race or passing people right and left they will miss it.. when he is saving bike and rollin around...
They didn't show Tomac on tv the 2nd moto? I was at the race. You missed a clinic. Wow
We barely saw him... they flashed him on the screen when he was passing Kenny, but just for a second.

The Shop

7/10/2021 3:09pm
tek14 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
We barely saw him... they flashed him on the screen when he was passing Kenny, but just for a second.
Damn that's weak. He was a couple seconds behind Kenny one lap then when he came back around he was a couple seconds ahead of him. Me and my buddy were like "wtf?!" Absolutely flying
Shaned9326
7/10/2021 3:13pm
Thank you for letting us know as the damn broadcast team sure as hell didn’t!!!
SWOHIO GUY
7/10/2021 3:30pm
First time at Southwick, great place! My opinion on Tomac being there. Tomac started around 20th-25th in moto 1. He got to 9th pretty quick but there was a huge gap from him to Sexton. He got to him with 4-5 to go and just couldn’t make the pass, had he made it quickly I think he gets a few more but he lost his flow. Moto 2 was something else. He had to be 10-12 seconds behind Roczen and just mowed him down! To me it seemed like the outside lines opened up a lot more moto 2 and he was just on rails. He settled in 5th for a few laps but once he found his groove he passed AC, Ferrandis, and Webb over the course of 2 laps.

250’s should have been an RJ sweep if he could find a way to stay on 2 wheels. He was so fast in practice and in Moto 1
murph783
7/10/2021 4:53pm
Dude I’m sorry they didn’t show Eli moto 2 cause gooooood god he was flying. What happened to Plessinger though? He was there then he was gone
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/10/2021 5:00pm
murph783 wrote:
Dude I’m sorry they didn’t show Eli moto 2 cause gooooood god he was flying. What happened to Plessinger though? He was there then he was...
Dude I’m sorry they didn’t show Eli moto 2 cause gooooood god he was flying. What happened to Plessinger though? He was there then he was gone
Bike problems not long after the start. 2nd turn and he pulled off. They tried to get it running, but after 2 laps down they couldn't get it fired up, so just went back to the pits.
drivrswntd
7/10/2021 5:08pm
Press516 wrote:
Damn that's weak. He was a couple seconds behind Kenny one lap then when he came back around he was a couple seconds ahead of him...
Damn that's weak. He was a couple seconds behind Kenny one lap then when he came back around he was a couple seconds ahead of him. Me and my buddy were like "wtf?!" Absolutely flying
Was there also and that was a sight to be seen! He was on rails and flying Moto 2!
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
7/10/2021 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2021 6:02pm
Would have been awesome to be able to watch Eli's ride.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
7/10/2021 6:06pm
Press516 wrote:
Damn that's weak. He was a couple seconds behind Kenny one lap then when he came back around he was a couple seconds ahead of him...
Yeah, it was the Ferrandis National Moto 2 broadcast...
Shaned9326
7/10/2021 6:10pm
Now you see why the mxgp package is a little more expensive as they never miss any of the action period!!
7/10/2021 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2021 6:20pm
Press516 wrote:
drivrswntd wrote:
Was there also and that was a sight to be seen! He was on rails and flying Moto 2!
Every time he would come down the straight thats after the first turn I would say out loud "wtf." Not to anyone in particular just out loud to myself haha! Like you said flying the only word for it
motomike137
7/10/2021 6:58pm
So I just got to watch the second motos. Great racing!! The coverage is freaking amateur hour, Holy cow.
motomike137
7/10/2021 7:25pm
Lukass59 wrote:
I think it’s more of Grant and Weege getting engulfed in their conversation. if they would of mentioned how much time Tomac was making up on...
I think it’s more of Grant and Weege getting engulfed in their conversation.
if they would of mentioned how much time Tomac was making up on Roczen we would of at least seen one lap from Tomac

Or maybe the film crew was French lol
The coverage in some ways is so maddening. The boys need to cut there story telling in half and call more of the doggone race. The camera dudes all got confused at the end of the 450 moto and followed the wrong guy across the finish. Eli pops into the camera shot a couple seconds later, then they switch to another camera with none of the front runners. On a fun note Bam Bam had a great day and entertained us lol. The move he put on AC made me lol in my easy chair. Justin still sees the red mist occasionally 😅
bowl
7/10/2021 7:57pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
Now you see why the mxgp package is a little more expensive as they never miss any of the action period!!
Wish mxgp could get rain covers for there cameras, then they would be spot on.
gregyou
7/10/2021 8:45pm
Every one going on about the coverage, had they gone to tomac and ferrandis bike blew every one would still be complaining
cwel11
7/11/2021 4:16am
gregyou wrote:
Every one going on about the coverage, had they gone to tomac and ferrandis bike blew every one would still be complaining
I can’t imagine it would be difficult to follow ET and Roczen for a few laps and if Ferandis bike blows they cut to him throwing his arms up in disgust. Obviously by most of the comments and thoughts (I was screaming the F bomb at my tv) the coverage was piss poor at best.
NewOldSchool
7/11/2021 12:01pm
Good god just watched the 2nd motos and y’all weren’t kidding, we saw nothing of Tomacs unreal ride. He went from fourth to first and we saw one pass and that was on Dylan for third, pathetic.

Wish Dylan’s bike wasn’t smoking see if he could hang with Tomac which I doubt but would’ve been nice. He still rode unreal considering he was nursing a bike m, guy is a beast clutch or not.
railit
7/11/2021 6:44pm
motokiwi wrote:
Swoll you f'ing amateur
He sure does some stupid shit. Rides with a chip on his shoulder.
Motodave15 wrote:
Cross rut on the face ain't amateur on this track... get bent dude
Thankful they're both uninjured from that. Could have been a far worse outcome. Swoll would have been complimented with a good save if Jett wasn't so close but now he becomes a villian.
RalphS
7/11/2021 6:53pm
gregyou wrote:
It was clear since the beginning that the broadcast was settled in covering Ferrandis, it felt like they wanted his bike to granade and as always checking the live timing is too complicated for them.
kpiper
7/11/2021 9:21pm
gregyou wrote:
RalphS wrote:
It was clear since the beginning that the broadcast was settled in covering Ferrandis, it felt like they wanted his bike to granade and as always...
It was clear since the beginning that the broadcast was settled in covering Ferrandis, it felt like they wanted his bike to granade and as always checking the live timing is too complicated for them.
I don't think they were wanting the bike to quit...but I do think that DF14 has become the darling of NBC MX Sports coverage.

They didn't care about an amazing ride from Tomac one bit and it showed.
Crush
7/11/2021 9:39pm
gregyou wrote:
RalphS wrote:
It was clear since the beginning that the broadcast was settled in covering Ferrandis, it felt like they wanted his bike to granade and as always...
Why would anyone care about missing the moment his bike had it's last puff? You cut to him walking back and that's it.

Don't we watching racing to watch racing? We're not watching for DNFs that might happen?

Post a reply to: Southwick National - Main Races Bench Racing

The Latest