Southern California Tracks

TomC31
Hi Guys ! Can anyone give me any advice or knowledge on any tracks in southern california that are different to the typical milestone, perris and pala, i know Barona Oaks is a good track in San Diego, are there any other less known tracks that are fun and worth trying?
|
cwtoyota
6/19/2019 9:08pm
Wintyfresh wrote:
Cahuilla.
I was about to say the same. If you haven't been there, you've got to check it out.

6/19/2019 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2019 9:37pm
Barona is closed for the summer.

Cahuilla Creek Mx. Great track.

I believe they are planning on opening another track near Perris.

After that you really have to start driving north. LACR, Glen Helen, Quail Canyon Mx, Cal City Mx, Sunrise Mx
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/19/2019 9:45pm
Barona is closed for the summer. Cahuilla Creek Mx. Great track. I believe they are planning on opening another track near Perris. After that you really...

After that you really have to start driving north. LACR, Glen Helen, Quail Canyon Mx, Cal City Mx, Sunrise Mx
Cal City held their last practice, until summer is over as well.

I highly recommend LACR and Sunrise as well.
I-5 is good Thursday- Saturday and is only $5.00 per vehicle, but a spark arrestor is required.
You can also head up to Castillo Ranch, but it’s quite the drive.

It’s too bad that Chaney Ranch hadn’t been hosting ride days, I had some good times riding there !

The Shop

TomC31
6/19/2019 9:54pm
Okay great, thankyou everyone, i will try those other tracks, i dont mind driving some hours, we are used to it here in Australia ! i appreciate the advice, i will be there in February so being dry in your summer wont be a problem!
OLDMOTO
6/19/2019 10:49pm
TomC31 wrote:
Hi Guys ! Can anyone give me any advice or knowledge on any tracks in southern california that are different to the typical milestone, perris and...
Hi Guys ! Can anyone give me any advice or knowledge on any tracks in southern california that are different to the typical milestone, perris and pala, i know Barona Oaks is a good track in San Diego, are there any other less known tracks that are fun and worth trying?
Barona just closed for the summer. Well dried up, no water. Only other track near San Diego is Fox/Pala. Cahuilla is the best track in SoCal. Its located in the mountains at 4,000' above Temecula. Glenn Helen is good as well it's in San Bernardino and has huge hills. Pala, Milestone and Perris are flat parking lot tracks. Perris can be good, they have a jumpy main and a smaller Vet track. Milestone is pretty consistent they have a Main and Vet that are very popular. Pala is probably the busiest followed by Milestone.
Alex.434
6/19/2019 11:39pm
Cahuilla in February kicks ass (due to winter rains). You'll have fun there. Lot of industry folks tend to be found at Cahuilla.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/20/2019 12:09am
LACR is the best track that has flow and you can have a ton of fun at. It gets a bit choppy, but never terrible, and has some decent sized, very safe jumps.

100% must visit.
TomC31
6/20/2019 12:16am
Okay great, I’ve never been to LACR or some of the others mentioned above so I will make sure to head to them! Thankyou for all the reply’s and help !
PBRvince
Fantasy
2055th
6/20/2019 2:35am
LACR for sure, sandy, good burms, it's jumps are very forgiving. Yes it does get a bit rough, but very fun.
sandtrack315
6/20/2019 5:45am
Since I assume you’ll go to more than one: Glen Helen is awesome and a must visit. Go at 1pm if you like rough stuff and an empty track. Milestone and Perris are flat and jumpy, but fun, especially on a 250F. Pala is cool but at that point just keep driving to Cahuilla.

The best time to go is in the winter. Then you can ride the hills / Nuevo and ocotillo.
ob
6/21/2019 8:10am
Barona is closed for the summer. Cahuilla Creek Mx. Great track. I believe they are planning on opening another track near Perris. After that you really...

langhammx wrote:
Cal City held their last practice, until summer is over as well. I highly recommend LACR and Sunrise as well. I-5 is good Thursday- Saturday and...
Cal City held their last practice, until summer is over as well.

I highly recommend LACR and Sunrise as well.
I-5 is good Thursday- Saturday and is only $5.00 per vehicle, but a spark arrestor is required.
You can also head up to Castillo Ranch, but it’s quite the drive.

It’s too bad that Chaney Ranch hadn’t been hosting ride days, I had some good times riding there !
Ohh man I miss going to Chaney! I hope Ed an Michelle are doing good.
6/21/2019 4:28pm
avidchimp wrote:
LACR is the best track that has flow and you can have a ton of fun at. It gets a bit choppy, but never terrible, and...
LACR is the best track that has flow and you can have a ton of fun at. It gets a bit choppy, but never terrible, and has some decent sized, very safe jumps.

100% must visit.
Came in to post this.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/21/2019 4:36pm
TomC31 wrote:
Okay great, I’ve never been to LACR or some of the others mentioned above so I will make sure to head to them! Thankyou for all...
Okay great, I’ve never been to LACR or some of the others mentioned above so I will make sure to head to them! Thankyou for all the reply’s and help !
Tom, let me know when you get here and I'll meet you out at LACR
TomC31
6/21/2019 4:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Okay great, sounds good, do you have Instagram or anything? I can keep in contact and let you know where I will be that way! Let me know so I can message you and we can stay in contact.
mxtech1
6/21/2019 4:42pm
I've been to a lot of national tracks and Glen Helen is the one I regret the most for not being able to ride on a practice day. It's a bucket list type track that you must cross off if you are in striking distance.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/21/2019 4:46pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
TomC31 wrote:
Okay great, sounds good, do you have Instagram or anything? I can keep in contact and let you know where I will be that way! Let...
Okay great, sounds good, do you have Instagram or anything? I can keep in contact and let you know where I will be that way! Let me know so I can message you and we can stay in contact.
hamdaddyof2 I'm sure you've seen me popping up on your personal and business IG from time to time haha
Wildeye511
6/21/2019 6:54pm
avidchimp wrote:
LACR is the best track that has flow and you can have a ton of fun at. It gets a bit choppy, but never terrible, and...

100% must visit.
100% agree with this. bvm111 and I will be making the drive from Vegas this Sunday. Wish they were open during the week also.
SoCalMX70
6/22/2019 12:07am
Glen Helen, Cahuilla, and LACR are my top 3.

Also, Cal City's last practice before Summer closure is actually this weekend. Fun track too!

I'll never understand the appeal of Milestone... Just not my style even with the good races I've had there. Zero natural terrain/elevation change. Also doesn't help that the dirt seems to have more rocks every time I show up.
TomC31
6/22/2019 12:17am
Thankyou again everyone! I appreciate the feedback and honest opinions!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/22/2019 5:56am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
hamdaddyof2 I'm sure you've seen me popping up on your personal and business IG from time to time haha
I saw you pop up on mine didn’t know that was you!

Add me in and Ill try to make LACR as well, only been up there a few times. Insta is 505SL
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/22/2019 7:18am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
I saw you pop up on mine didn’t know that was you! Add me in and Ill try to make LACR as well, only been up...
I saw you pop up on mine didn’t know that was you!

Add me in and Ill try to make LACR as well, only been up there a few times. Insta is 505SL
Haha, yup that's me!

Definitely let me know if you get up this way.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/22/2019 7:19am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Glen Helen, Cahuilla, and LACR are my top 3. Also, Cal City's last practice before Summer closure is actually this weekend. Fun track too! I'll never...
Glen Helen, Cahuilla, and LACR are my top 3.

Also, Cal City's last practice before Summer closure is actually this weekend. Fun track too!

I'll never understand the appeal of Milestone... Just not my style even with the good races I've had there. Zero natural terrain/elevation change. Also doesn't help that the dirt seems to have more rocks every time I show up.
Completely agree!
Robgvx
6/22/2019 8:26am
Here’s a question. I’ve been to SoCal many times. All I ever see is stunning mountains and hills. So how come none of the tracks except GH(?) utilise this hilly terrain?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/22/2019 8:31am
Robgvx wrote:
Here’s a question. I’ve been to SoCal many times. All I ever see is stunning mountains and hills. So how come none of the tracks except...
Here’s a question. I’ve been to SoCal many times. All I ever see is stunning mountains and hills. So how come none of the tracks except GH(?) utilise this hilly terrain?
Because the state sucks and there is a law/protective order for everything. Not exactly easy to open a track here.

We had a local track that had a permit that would be good as long as it was renewed every 10 years. If that permit ever expired before it was renewed, the track would never get another permit and the track would be no more. Needless to say, we no longer have that track.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/22/2019 8:32am
Robgvx wrote:
Here’s a question. I’ve been to SoCal many times. All I ever see is stunning mountains and hills. So how come none of the tracks except...
That’s for mountain biking!
OLDMOTO
6/22/2019 8:46am
Robgvx wrote:
Property is very expensive in California. Tracks are expensive to operate and not as profitable as other business. Liability insurance is very difficulty to obtain. Barona, Pala and Cahuilla are on indian reservations so the laws are different. Further there are not as many people riding motocross as there was a few years ago.
Brosho
6/22/2019 1:30pm
avidchimp wrote:

100% must visit.
Hey have you been riding again???

Post a reply to: Southern California Tracks

The Latest