South west area qualifier*

Braap19
Edited Date/Time 4/19/2017 8:38am
Am i the only one who saw the email from mx sports about the south west regional being made into a 1 day event at pala?

That sounds like the longest day ever and a absolutely horrible track by halfway point. How do you guys reckon they'll run 90+motos in one day at a single track? That just doesn't sound safe for the riders.

Did some more research and was curious how many racers they had last year...

http://www.racer-results.net/results/mxsports/2016/AreaRegional/index.a…

Does anyone else find a one day race format for so many classes and racers just absurd?
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/18/2017 9:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2017 9:38pm
Area qualifier numbers are a fraction of what they used to be. It looks like last year, area qualifiers in the area averaged around 10 per class, with a about 30 classes. Around 300 riders should be pretty efficient in one day. Ive been to bigger 1 day races that finish around 5. If the track knows what they are doing, shouldnt be a problem. Also, with the really small classes, I would imagine they would combine them and score them seperately.

One last thing, the later the qualifier the smaller the turnout. Looks like the Pala race is next to last for the area qualifiers. I would imagine the numbers would be quite a bit lower than 300. For instance, many of the vet and 50 classes with five or less. TBH, they could probably make a lot of the areas a 1 day race on purpose.
4/18/2017 9:52pm
The southwest Loretta's qualifiers typically have pretty small turn outs. A couple years ago I rode +25 and we were combined with a ton of other age classes because there weren't very many riders.
Zoom
4/19/2017 5:00am
Probably many of the classes will be double gate drops. Good luck!
Braap19
4/19/2017 7:09am
I mean yeah but even with 300 riders, theyre doing mod and stock classes in one day. That's just crazy

FYI it doesn't affect me but still, i live 4,000 miles so i wont be racing but i just xant believe they'll do that and it run well

The Shop

Mr. Info
4/19/2017 7:49am
Maybe because he can't run his Mammoth Qualifier mixed in with LL qualifier so he had to do separate days. Do you really think he cares? IMO no.
tcallahan707
4/19/2017 8:16am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2017 8:37am
I believe it's already a 2 moto format because they combine youth and amateur regionals. How they will fit it in in one day is beyond me. I think it's pretty lame to be honest.

Edit* My bad, I thought we were talking about the regional here. I raced the qualifier at St. George and it was the same as any other qualifier schedule, even though it was a Mammoth event as well.
Braap19
4/19/2017 11:40am
I believe it's already a 2 moto format because they combine youth and amateur regionals. How they will fit it in in one day is beyond...
I believe it's already a 2 moto format because they combine youth and amateur regionals. How they will fit it in in one day is beyond me. I think it's pretty lame to be honest.

Edit* My bad, I thought we were talking about the regional here. I raced the qualifier at St. George and it was the same as any other qualifier schedule, even though it was a Mammoth event as well.
I think theyll have to run 2 motos of the stock classes and then 2 motos of the mod classes right? Thats still a lot of motos and laps
tcallahan707
4/19/2017 12:15pm
I believe it's already a 2 moto format because they combine youth and amateur regionals. How they will fit it in in one day is beyond...

Braap19 wrote:
I think theyll have to run 2 motos of the stock classes and then 2 motos of the mod classes right? Thats still a lot of...
I think theyll have to run 2 motos of the stock classes and then 2 motos of the mod classes right? Thats still a lot of motos and laps
Yea I dunno how they will do it in one day. Not sure why they even need to split up lorettas and mammoth.

Post a reply to: South west area qualifier*

The Latest