South Jersey Tracks

sandtrack315
Do you prefer Field of Dreams or Raceway Park? Any other places people ride?
|
usafwx
4/8/2019 4:40pm
Used to ride both at least once a week when I was stationed in Jersey 2012-2017, both are amazing tracks, didnt realize how good I had it until I moved to Tucson (F this place for riding). Id say FOD when I was there is better, but havent ridden the new combined track at Etown. Either way can't go wrong. You'll get more ride time usually at FOD as well as a less congested track.

The Shop

sandtrack315
4/8/2019 4:56pm
usafwx wrote:
Used to ride both at least once a week when I was stationed in Jersey 2012-2017, both are amazing tracks, didnt realize how good I had...
Used to ride both at least once a week when I was stationed in Jersey 2012-2017, both are amazing tracks, didnt realize how good I had it until I moved to Tucson (F this place for riding). Id say FOD when I was there is better, but havent ridden the new combined track at Etown. Either way can't go wrong. You'll get more ride time usually at FOD as well as a less congested track.
I agree that Field of Dreams is awesome. I haven’t rode the new Englishtown layout, but it was great before. I might head out there Wednesday but I assume FOD takes rain better? I remember the ETown dirt not being that sandy. Anyone have opinions on the new layout?
usafwx
4/8/2019 5:09pm
I agree that Field of Dreams is awesome. I haven’t rode the new Englishtown layout, but it was great before. I might head out there Wednesday...
I agree that Field of Dreams is awesome. I haven’t rode the new Englishtown layout, but it was great before. I might head out there Wednesday but I assume FOD takes rain better? I remember the ETown dirt not being that sandy. Anyone have opinions on the new layout?
Correct, I'm assuming they used the same dirt and maybe mixed in some mulch at Etown when they combined them, as you know North Jersey is totally different than South Jersey dirt/scenery wise.
GregDVT
4/8/2019 6:59pm
Both tracks are great but FoD will provide more ride time.
sandtrack315
4/21/2019 5:01am
Anyone been out to Englishtown lately? How’s the new layout and prep? I’ve been riding FOD the past few weeks and want to check out the new Englishtown. Plus last Wednesday FOD was bone dry in a ton of sections. In 2011 the prep at Englishtown was always pretty great, but I haven’t been back since then. Is that still true?
DPR250R
4/21/2019 5:14am
Anyone been out to Englishtown lately? How’s the new layout and prep? I’ve been riding FOD the past few weeks and want to check out the...
Anyone been out to Englishtown lately? How’s the new layout and prep? I’ve been riding FOD the past few weeks and want to check out the new Englishtown. Plus last Wednesday FOD was bone dry in a ton of sections. In 2011 the prep at Englishtown was always pretty great, but I haven’t been back since then. Is that still true?
Haven’t been this year... went last year a bunch. Always seemed fine to me.

Felt a little more crowded than the old layout but maybe it was a lot of people wanting to check out the new spot. I think towards the end of the day the amount of riders on the track thinned out.
TheCRKid
4/21/2019 1:35pm
Both are good and a ton of fun right now
yz133rider
4/21/2019 1:58pm
Much prefer fod. Etown blows. Terrible layout, terrible prep, long ass wait times.
Naanak
4/21/2019 3:32pm
yz133rider wrote:
Much prefer fod. Etown blows. Terrible layout, terrible prep, long ass wait times.
I second this. Etown has potential it just comes down to the owners allowing the people to run it how they want. They don’t want to spend any money.
Orange224
4/21/2019 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2019 4:52am
FOD > Etown
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
4/21/2019 3:46pm
Etown has been terribleeeeee lately. I ride FOD on Wednesday’s cus the weekends are packed. Pits all day on the weekends
4/21/2019 6:19pm
I personally prefer field of dreams over e-town. More fun layout i think, and they also show that track a little more love as far as grooming. E-town was really good last Wednesday compared to how it normally is but they added a vet session on practice days so now its 5 groups and its usually a long wait between sessions. I went to FOD a few Wednesdays last year where there was about 15 or 20 riders and was basically an open track to go on and off all day. Both great tracks but it would be cool to see some track changes at e-town to help the track flow and some more love with the grooming. Definitely better then having no track to ride though.
sandtrack315
5/2/2019 5:06am
Agree with all of this now that I have rode at both. FOD is a national caliber track, while Englishtown is a solid practice track. ETown is just a bit too narrow and jumpy to be a full on motocross track. I do love the ruts at ETown though. Big quad thing in front is fun too. But there are so many small doubles that it’s a bit awkward for most of the track. Anyone huck that singe to tabletop in the very front? Seems easy but takes some commitment ha.

I have noticed that they start FOD off really dry. I bugged them to water more in the morning so hopefully it’s better going forward.

Post a reply to: South Jersey Tracks

The Latest