South Carolina Riders HELP!!

MXisLIFE
A buddy and my self are traveling along the east coast bouncing to different tracks. We have been to NCMP(sucked), Club MX(awesome), and now we are at Moto-vated sports complex.. Been stuck here for a couple days due to the rain that hit.

We are looking for our next stop in the SC, Georgia area thats decently maintained any help on local track recommendations lets here them
|
4/25/2017 7:53pm
mjr119 wrote:
Silver valley Saturday in NC.
How is that place? The dirt looks good and the scenery as well, but some of the jumps look impossible. Some of those step down triples look like 180ft. I've never seen jumps that big, even at a national, so I'm just curious if they are that big in real life?
jpatz319
Fantasy
1295th
4/26/2017 5:58am
How is that place? The dirt looks good and the scenery as well, but some of the jumps look impossible. Some of those step down triples...
How is that place? The dirt looks good and the scenery as well, but some of the jumps look impossible. Some of those step down triples look like 180ft. I've never seen jumps that big, even at a national, so I'm just curious if they are that big in real life?
Silver Valley is awesome. The one main downhill triple is about 155ft but there is an option for a very fun, do-able double. He has recently re-done most of the track and has made the all the landings have a nice feel to them.
mjr119
4/26/2017 6:12am
mjr119 wrote:
Silver valley Saturday in NC.
How is that place? The dirt looks good and the scenery as well, but some of the jumps look impossible. Some of those step down triples...
The jumps are big but not bad at all. Only a handful of people hit the big downhill triple in its first iteration. Phil Nicoletti didn't even hit it when he came out to ride last fall. Josh Thomas was the first person to hit it, on a 250 2 stroke too! I think Tanner Stack hit it and blew out his forks. I believe they have made it a lot smaller now, still big, don't get me wrong. But I saw a video of several people hitting it from their last practice day a couple of weeks ago.

It's worth making the trip.

I think I am going Saturday if I decide not to race.

The Shop

TJMX947
4/26/2017 6:13am
I haven't verified that any of these places are open but in Georgia you can try Aonia Pass, then hit Bremen on the way to Alabama. If you're out that way you need to hit up Monster Mountain (my favorite track ever) in Alabama.

Kryan5
4/26/2017 6:33am
Jump back up to Hog Heaven in NC.
JustMX
4/26/2017 7:45am
TJMX947 wrote:
I haven't verified that any of these places are open but in Georgia you can try Aonia Pass, then hit Bremen on the way to Alabama...
I haven't verified that any of these places are open but in Georgia you can try Aonia Pass, then hit Bremen on the way to Alabama. If you're out that way you need to hit up Monster Mountain (my favorite track ever) in Alabama.

I believe aonia closed when Mr Perry passed.

I don't think Bremen has been open in years, has it?
mjr119
4/26/2017 7:50am
TJMX947 wrote:
I haven't verified that any of these places are open but in Georgia you can try Aonia Pass, then hit Bremen on the way to Alabama...

JustMX wrote:
I believe aonia closed when Mr Perry passed.

I don't think Bremen has been open in years, has it?
Both are closed.
mjr119
4/26/2017 7:54am
MXisLIFE wrote:
A buddy and my self are traveling along the east coast bouncing to different tracks. We have been to NCMP(sucked), Club MX(awesome), and now we are...
A buddy and my self are traveling along the east coast bouncing to different tracks. We have been to NCMP(sucked), Club MX(awesome), and now we are at Moto-vated sports complex.. Been stuck here for a couple days due to the rain that hit.

We are looking for our next stop in the SC, Georgia area thats decently maintained any help on local track recommendations lets here them
Seriously though, OP. If I were you, I would head on up to East Bend in NC and ride Thursday evening practice from 5-9. The track is small but it is ALWAYS groomed to perfection. It's a fun track. Nothing amazing, but fun and prepped.

Then I would head over to Wide Open to practice on Friday (make sure they are open). It should be. It's a sand track so it's good even if it rains.

Then I would hit Silver Valley on Saturday. You won't regret it!.
MXisLIFE
4/26/2017 7:26pm
Thank you guys for the recommendations.. We're gonna hit up The Real deal MX(Mark "the bomber" Barnett's track build) then hit up wide open and silver valley!
nc_mx_kid
4/27/2017 8:04am
this weekend Muddy Creek Raceway just over the TN stateline is holding a Loretta Lynns qualifier/mega series race www.victory-sports.com
TJMX947
4/27/2017 8:45am
Wow that's sad Aonia & Bremen closed. I lived in Macon Georgia from 2009 - 2011 for my first big boy job out of college. I was so excited to get immersed in the Motocross scene down that way. When I first moved there I didn't have any friends or a computer at home. At work on Fridays I would look up what tracks were practicing and write down the directions from my house (I didn't have a smart phone or a GPS at the time LOL) and go off and ride every weekend.

East Bend wouldn't be a bad idea, but it is small and it gets a little slick when the sun goes down. I haven't been for a Thursday practice yet but I know they get a hell of a turnout most of the time so you would probably be waiting around for motos. I would say its the most well run facility in North Carolina.

I wouldn't go to Wide Open, I haven't heard good things about it for a while. I have friends that live in Raeford who refuse to ride there anymore.

I heard that Hog Heaven closed, is this true?

MXisLIFE
4/27/2017 11:15am
TJMX947 wrote:
Wow that's sad Aonia & Bremen closed. I lived in Macon Georgia from 2009 - 2011 for my first big boy job out of college. I...
Wow that's sad Aonia & Bremen closed. I lived in Macon Georgia from 2009 - 2011 for my first big boy job out of college. I was so excited to get immersed in the Motocross scene down that way. When I first moved there I didn't have any friends or a computer at home. At work on Fridays I would look up what tracks were practicing and write down the directions from my house (I didn't have a smart phone or a GPS at the time LOL) and go off and ride every weekend.

East Bend wouldn't be a bad idea, but it is small and it gets a little slick when the sun goes down. I haven't been for a Thursday practice yet but I know they get a hell of a turnout most of the time so you would probably be waiting around for motos. I would say its the most well run facility in North Carolina.

I wouldn't go to Wide Open, I haven't heard good things about it for a while. I have friends that live in Raeford who refuse to ride there anymore.

Aonia is open under new ownership.. the grand opening is the weekend of May 13th
Kanewel433
4/27/2017 12:09pm
MXisLIFE wrote:
A buddy and my self are traveling along the east coast bouncing to different tracks. We have been to NCMP(sucked), Club MX(awesome), and now we are...

There's a good little track called Pine Grove off of I-85, Exit 1 in south carolina. $20 to ride on a weekend, not sure what it is on the weekdays. I ride hare scrambles and don't jump a damn thing (judge me) but I had a good time at this place.

If you google maps 109 E Spearman Rd, Westminster, SC 29693 it's a small little white house with a gravel front yard and an unassuming driveway on the left side of the house. Drive down the driveway and towards the backyard. The track will begin to come into view.

Phone number for the owner: (864) 710-7613
woodsrider427
4/27/2017 7:42pm
TJMX947 wrote:
Wow that's sad Aonia & Bremen closed. I lived in Macon Georgia from 2009 - 2011 for my first big boy job out of college. I...

Yes, as far as I know Hog Heaven is closed now.
MXisLIFE
4/28/2017 2:59pm
You guys should really check out the real deal mx training facility.. it's in allendale SC. Track is super fun and safe jumps are awesome. He doesn't advertise and you need to call and ask about riding first before showing up.

Rob the man who runs the place is super chill and will do what he can to help you out.. he grooms daily and waters as much as you want.. if track gets rough and beat he tells you to come get him and he will fix it up!

He raced for 20+ yrs and used to be Tristan charbaneau mechanic so the guy knows what he's doing!

Post a reply to: South Carolina Riders HELP!!

The Latest