Sounds like Team USA's 250 Rider Could be One of these Four...

wiggins419
7/18/2022 9:35am
My heart tells me Anderson but my brain tells me Craig. We need a Star 250 on that track. They were the only 250s hitting the leap at the national this year
tomlopez
7/18/2022 9:47am
Not picking Chase Sexton for the 250 class sounds absolutely INSANE to me. The dude won two championships on that class and bike just two years...
Not picking Chase Sexton for the 250 class sounds absolutely INSANE to me. The dude won two championships on that class and bike just two years ago.

450 - Tomac
250 - Sexton
Open - Ando

There you go boys, enjoy your victory!
Sexton won his 2 250 titles in SX. He was pretty average outdoors on a 250, I think he only had a single overall win.

Unless anything major changes, Tomac and Sexton are the 450 riders for USA and it's not even a debate
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/18/2022 9:55am
tomlopez wrote:
Sexton won his 2 250 titles in SX. He was pretty average outdoors on a 250, I think he only had a single overall win. Unless...
Sexton won his 2 250 titles in SX. He was pretty average outdoors on a 250, I think he only had a single overall win.

Unless anything major changes, Tomac and Sexton are the 450 riders for USA and it's not even a debate
Sexton never won a 250 outdoor national.
7/18/2022 9:57am
I’d like to see Anderson bump down to the 250 if he gets a little seat time after the nationals. I have no doubt he can go out and finish within the top 3 250 riders at Red Bud! Especially since one of the Lawrence brothers will be bumping up to a 450.

The Shop

karsmakers
7/18/2022 9:57am
Just have Craig, Cooper, Barcia and Anderson run a practice moto there on a 250 and pick the winner!
ATKpilot99
7/18/2022 10:30am
Anderson is out for the mxdn as already stated . You can't not put Tomac and Sexton on 450s . That's ridiculous. I was for having a 450 guy drop down but not so sure now . I think if Cooper is fully healthy and wants to do it he should be the guy in mx2 .
7/18/2022 10:36am
Just read mxa interview with Roger and he said Tomac and Sexton on 450s and Barica and Craig testing 250s and will get back to him . Jason out needs back surgery. Think this is going be a badass team best we had in long time
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1317th
7/18/2022 11:08am
Not picking Chase Sexton for the 250 class sounds absolutely INSANE to me. The dude won two championships on that class and bike just two years...
Not picking Chase Sexton for the 250 class sounds absolutely INSANE to me. The dude won two championships on that class and bike just two years ago.

450 - Tomac
250 - Sexton
Open - Ando

tomlopez wrote:
Sexton won his 2 250 titles in SX. He was pretty average outdoors on a 250, I think he only had a single overall win. Unless...

I would take Sexton on a 250 outdoors over Anderson, Barcia and Craig any day of the week.

ATKpilot99
7/18/2022 11:12am

450 - Tomac
250 - Sexton
Open - Ando

tomlopez wrote:

I would take Sexton on a 250 outdoors over Anderson, Barcia and Craig any day of the week.

With Anderson unavailable who rides the 2nd 450 if not Sexton ?
LungButter
7/18/2022 11:31am
Jason on the 250.
Send barcia packing.
He's a lousy choice to represent the United states of America in any way, shape, or form.
Yeah....a lousy choice that has won his class at MXDN twice in the past, won a moto overall at MXDN and was substantially faster on a 250 outdoors than any of the other 3....

But hey...don't let facts get in the way of your snowflake feelings....

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you also said that Kitchen didn't have a chance at beating Jett in a moto this year when he'd already beat him in a moto this year. Tongue
ATKpilot99
7/18/2022 11:37am

450 - Tomac
250 - Sexton
Open - Ando

tomlopez wrote:

7/18/2022 12:16pm
tomlopez wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Decoster said Craig or Barica on 250 . If you go read the interview mxa has with him
kpiper
7/18/2022 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 1:52pm
Decoster said Craig or Barica on 250 . If you go read the interview mxa has with him
Craig then if those are the two choices. Cooper would be better though IMO.
creature654
Fantasy
70th
7/18/2022 1:35pm
LungButter wrote:
Yeah....a lousy choice that has won his class at MXDN twice in the past, won a moto overall at MXDN and was substantially faster on a...
Yeah....a lousy choice that has won his class at MXDN twice in the past, won a moto overall at MXDN and was substantially faster on a 250 outdoors than any of the other 3....

But hey...don't let facts get in the way of your snowflake feelings....

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you also said that Kitchen didn't have a chance at beating Jett in a moto this year when he'd already beat him in a moto this year. Tongue
Let’s go back and look at those years where he “won his class”. In 2013 he went 4-11 to beat Tanel Leok’s 6-17. Got very lucky that the only other top tier talent in MX3 that year Clement Desalle, went 3-DNF. Also in the moto where he got 4th he got beat by a MINUTE by a young Kenny and Eli on 250s. In the last moto he held up his teammate Dungey like an idiot, stalling out his charge.

In 2015 he did win that first moto over Russian Bob, although he did get a bit lucky with Marvin tipping over who was giving him a run on a 250. In the final moto he did not rise to the occasion, held up Webb who ultimately fell again after getting by Justin. Yes he did get 3rd and won MX1, but he fucked up his faster teammates race and could not match Febvre on his own. I’m knitpicking because this was actually a good ride by our standards lately, but I just like to point out these facts because he WAS NOT on Webb’s or Febvre’s level that day and did not ride like a good teammate.

Then there’s the debacle that was red bud 2018. That ride alone should have him banned from representing us for the rest of his racing days. Covington esque.
LungButter
7/18/2022 1:38pm
Let’s go back and look at those years where he “won his class”. In 2013 he went 4-11 to beat Tanel Leok’s 6-17. Got very lucky...
Let’s go back and look at those years where he “won his class”. In 2013 he went 4-11 to beat Tanel Leok’s 6-17. Got very lucky that the only other top tier talent in MX3 that year Clement Desalle, went 3-DNF. Also in the moto where he got 4th he got beat by a MINUTE by a young Kenny and Eli on 250s. In the last moto he held up his teammate Dungey like an idiot, stalling out his charge.

In 2015 he did win that first moto over Russian Bob, although he did get a bit lucky with Marvin tipping over who was giving him a run on a 250. In the final moto he did not rise to the occasion, held up Webb who ultimately fell again after getting by Justin. Yes he did get 3rd and won MX1, but he fucked up his faster teammates race and could not match Febvre on his own. I’m knitpicking because this was actually a good ride by our standards lately, but I just like to point out these facts because he WAS NOT on Webb’s or Febvre’s level that day and did not ride like a good teammate.

Then there’s the debacle that was red bud 2018. That ride alone should have him banned from representing us for the rest of his racing days. Covington esque.
Alright, you do make some fair points.

However, if it's between Barcia and Craig to ride the little bike and fight to the death for every position, I still take Barcia.
7/18/2022 1:56pm

450 - Tomac
250 - Sexton
Open - Ando

tomlopez wrote:

He won a single moto, that's it. He wasn't thought of the way he is now whatsoever on a 250. Everyone thought he was moving up early and he wouldn't crack top 10 outdoors on a 450 his first season. He's the one that wanted to move up because he wasn't suited for a 250. He's not small like all the 250 kids either. He's 6' and I'm sure much heavier than those guys. But Vital knows better than Chase himself
chasetwo79
7/18/2022 2:11pm
I don't understand all the hate on Craig riding the 250 with people saying he's never had results 250 outdoor. A quick look at the vault...
I don't understand all the hate on Craig riding the 250 with people saying he's never had results 250 outdoor. A quick look at the vault showed he's finished in the top 5 multiple times. And he's only gotten better since then and loves the Star 250. What's Anderson's best 250 outdoor result? And regardless he hasn't raced one in eight fucking years. And we all know Kawasaki doesn't support this event anyways.
Anderson has won motos on the 250, but he’s gotta get surgery anyhow. Now it’s down to Craig and Barcia. I’m taking the star bike and Craig. The only hesitance I have is that Barcia is usually really good at Redbud and was on the podium this year.

So I think either is a safe pick as long as Chase and Eli do what they need to.
chasetwo79
7/18/2022 2:11pm
I don't understand all the hate on Craig riding the 250 with people saying he's never had results 250 outdoor. A quick look at the vault...
I don't understand all the hate on Craig riding the 250 with people saying he's never had results 250 outdoor. A quick look at the vault showed he's finished in the top 5 multiple times. And he's only gotten better since then and loves the Star 250. What's Anderson's best 250 outdoor result? And regardless he hasn't raced one in eight fucking years. And we all know Kawasaki doesn't support this event anyways.
Anderson has won motos on the 250, but he’s gotta get surgery anyhow. Now it’s down to Craig and Barcia. I’m taking the star bike and Craig. The only hesitance I have is that Barcia is usually really good at Redbud and was on the podium this year.

lestat
7/18/2022 2:18pm
lestat wrote:
With Chase and Eli on 450s at Red Bud , team USA will have the favourite in two classes . Why would you mess that up...
With Chase and Eli on 450s at Red Bud , team USA will have the favourite in two classes . Why would you mess that up ? Arguments can be made for a number of guys on the 250 , but I believe that passing skills are what’s needed in that class at MXDN , and experience under heavy pressure counts . Ando is my man , then Barcia and Coop . Team USA looking good with any of them .
aees wrote:
If it is dry, they might be ONE of the favorites. I think there are 6-7 riders that can win every race at MXDN: Gajser, Seewer...
If it is dry, they might be ONE of the favorites. I think there are 6-7 riders that can win every race at MXDN: Gajser, Seewer, Prado, Herlings, the Hoff, Reneaux, Lawrence(s), Ferrandis and then Eli and Sexton added. Even Vlaanderen i woul not be suprised to see up there. Roczen i guess is out.

If there is to much water put down on the track, or if it rains they can absolutely not be favorites.See last MXDN@Redbud WhistlingLaughing

So favorites? Not alone.
I’m not saying they are a head by a mile , but home track advantage makes them the favourites .
Richy
7/18/2022 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 2:44pm
I know a few people have said they don't see Craig stepping up or rising to the occasion and pressure, but I'm kind of leaning the other way.

He's got super recent 250 experience, is a pretty emotional dude and I can see him having the passion for repping his country, he appreciates the position he's in and he's stoked on picking up a 250 SX title and he's riding well outdoors right now.

It's totally cool if you have a preference for someone else, but it seems a little harsh to throw shade on him. I think we're all in agreement that Chase and Eli on 450s still seems like a no brainer though?
7/18/2022 3:00pm
Do we think the KTM euro spec 250 is significantly off the star bike? Genuinely curious given the added flexibility that deep pockets can take advantage of over there.
7/18/2022 3:02pm
I am sure it was mentioned somewhere in here but I would put the best starter on the bike. We know with the combined classes this is a strategy the top countries consider. Craig was not off the 250 too long ago and he can regularly pull good starts and that Yamaha motor is the best package in the pits for 250s. Seems like it should be the obvious choice to me. He has been riding great lately and has that good lanky style for all the speed around Red Bud.
7/18/2022 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 3:07pm
I am sure it was mentioned somewhere in here but I would put the best starter on the bike. We know with the combined classes this...
I am sure it was mentioned somewhere in here but I would put the best starter on the bike. We know with the combined classes this is a strategy the top countries consider. Craig was not off the 250 too long ago and he can regularly pull good starts and that Yamaha motor is the best package in the pits for 250s. Seems like it should be the obvious choice to me. He has been riding great lately and has that good lanky style for all the speed around Red Bud.
You convinced me. I’m now Craig on 250 bandwagon. Plus he seems like a really good dude(not that it should matter)
DonM
7/18/2022 3:09pm

450 - Tomac
250 - Sexton
Open - Ando

tomlopez wrote:

He won a single moto, that's it. He wasn't thought of the way he is now whatsoever on a 250. Everyone thought he was moving up...
He won a single moto, that's it. He wasn't thought of the way he is now whatsoever on a 250. Everyone thought he was moving up early and he wouldn't crack top 10 outdoors on a 450 his first season. He's the one that wanted to move up because he wasn't suited for a 250. He's not small like all the 250 kids either. He's 6' and I'm sure much heavier than those guys. But Vital knows better than Chase himself
Everyone forgets that when CC and Chase were on 250 Hondas they were having issue in getting power out of the motors and a Star 250 mounted CC makes a lot of sense...
Alex814
7/18/2022 3:12pm
tomlopez wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Dungey.
DonM
7/18/2022 3:12pm
chasetwo79 wrote:
Anderson has won motos on the 250, but he’s gotta get surgery anyhow. Now it’s down to Craig and Barcia. I’m taking the star bike and...

Yeah, I'm not buying the surgery excuse...he's racing now and doing fine what's another week? I would guarantee that this is a Kawi decision and not a Jason Anderson decision...
Alex814
7/18/2022 3:20pm
tomlopez wrote:

He won a single moto, that's it. He wasn't thought of the way he is now whatsoever on a 250. Everyone thought he was moving up...
DonM wrote:
Everyone forgets that when CC and Chase were on 250 Hondas they were having issue in getting power out of the motors and a Star 250...
Everyone forgets that when CC and Chase were on 250 Hondas they were having issue in getting power out of the motors and a Star 250 mounted CC makes a lot of sense...
The '22 Honda hasn't looked short on power at any point this summer IMO. It's not the same bike.
DonM
7/18/2022 3:23pm
DonM wrote:
Everyone forgets that when CC and Chase were on 250 Hondas they were having issue in getting power out of the motors and a Star 250...
Alex814 wrote:
The '22 Honda hasn't looked short on power at any point this summer IMO. It's not the same bike.
That was my point....
Press516
Fantasy
90th
7/18/2022 3:37pm
If Ando is out and it's down to Craig and Barcia, I'm still leaning Craig. I want the Star motor out there and Craig's determination to always move forward. Barcia gets his spot and kind of stays there while Craig starts his march to a top 5 pretty consistently.

Now, what's the deal with Ando?? You can't help but wonder if the team has said they don't have a bike for him...

Post a reply to: Sounds like Team USA's 250 Rider Could be One of these Four...

The Latest