Sound Issues

Motodave
10/29/2007 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:09am
why do people complain about the sound of our sport so much?? i mean you never hear about people complaining about the sound of a nascar race or dragsters or indycars?? please help me understand this. also i live like 4 miles from irwindale speedway and i can hear them clearly on the weekend nights.. but i dont see or hear anybody complaining about that sound..Blink
|
Mike Bierman
10/29/2007 11:04pm
The issue stems from years of motorcycles being of bad taste. Movies made us out to be crooks, drug addicts, and thieves...

The world drives automobiles, so there lies the issue. Motorcycles are bad, cars are good, or the majority has been led to believe so. It's like the black, verses the white, issue...blacks have a bad reputation, but the worlds worst crooks criminals, and murderers are white.
sc961
10/30/2007 10:40am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 5:54pm
Some of the issues are based on the non-motorcycle public bias about those bad guys that ride bikes.

Other issues prevelant surround bikes are a louder is better attitude some riders have. As for cars making noise, most of that happens at a speedway or like area. A Harley can go by my house and shake the windows with pretty much no one saying a word, but start a race bike and ride outside your house for an hour to see what happens.

MX riders can pop up in any back yard or small area with little to no concern about neighbors. If that neighbor already has a bad attitude about \"bikers\", and the riding is from sun up to sundown 7 days a week, they have a legit complaint.

Before 4 strokes were the main form of moto bike, there were less issues but they were still there. Now when a 450 with no packing fires up, there is a lot of bark coming out of that pipe.

Some of the fixes are regular riding hours at any track, public or private, informed riders, informed neighbors rather than say nothing and worry about it later, and last but not least the Amateur nationals need to step up and have some sort of testing process with \"real\" consequenses if riders don't pass.
Motodave
10/30/2007 11:02am
sc961 wrote:
Some of the issues are based on the non-motorcycle public bias about those bad guys that ride bikes. Other issues prevelant surround bikes are a louder...
Some of the issues are based on the non-motorcycle public bias about those bad guys that ride bikes.

Other issues prevelant surround bikes are a louder is better attitude some riders have. As for cars making noise, most of that happens at a speedway or like area. A Harley can go by my house and shake the windows with pretty much no one saying a word, but start a race bike and ride outside your house for an hour to see what happens.

MX riders can pop up in any back yard or small area with little to no concern about neighbors. If that neighbor already has a bad attitude about \"bikers\", and the riding is from sun up to sundown 7 days a week, they have a legit complaint.

Before 4 strokes were the main form of moto bike, there were less issues but they were still there. Now when a 450 with no packing fires up, there is a lot of bark coming out of that pipe.

Some of the fixes are regular riding hours at any track, public or private, informed riders, informed neighbors rather than say nothing and worry about it later, and last but not least the Amateur nationals need to step up and have some sort of testing process with \"real\" consequenses if riders don't pass.
thx For clearing that up for me.. The 450 with blown out packing those are loud. Shocked I never really realized that motorcycles were looked upon so negatively. Ive always seen motorcycles as a postive family thing
sc961
10/30/2007 12:11pm
sc961 wrote:
Some of the issues are based on the non-motorcycle public bias about those bad guys that ride bikes. Other issues prevelant surround bikes are a louder...

Motodave wrote:
thx For clearing that up for me.. The 450 with blown out packing those are loud. :ohmy: I never really realized that motorcycles were looked upon...
thx For clearing that up for me.. The 450 with blown out packing those are loud. Shocked I never really realized that motorcycles were looked upon so negatively. Ive always seen motorcycles as a postive family thing
It is a family thing for all of us, but not the people that have never owned one.

They don't know what they're missing!

The Shop

Mike Bierman
10/30/2007 6:44pm
sc961 wrote:

Motodave wrote:
thx For clearing that up for me.. The 450 with blown out packing those are loud. :ohmy: I never really realized that motorcycles were looked upon...
sc961 wrote:
It is a family thing for all of us, but not the people that have never owned one.

Manufactures, need to build quieter exhaust...lose some sound, gain some ground !
sc961
10/31/2007 11:52am
Motodave wrote:
sc961 wrote:

Manufactures, need to build quieter exhaust...lose some sound, gain some ground !
Mike, I don't see that happening from a vendor standpoint just to help the sport or environment.

Until someone steps up at the right level, it's like a drop of sand in the desert.
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
11/2/2007 7:16pm
sc961 wrote:

sc961 wrote:
Mike, I don't see that happening from a vendor standpoint just to help the sport or environment. Until someone steps up at the right level, it's...
Mike, I don't see that happening from a vendor standpoint just to help the sport or environment.

Until someone steps up at the right level, it's like a drop of sand in the desert.
People complain because they dont ride enough. Speaking of I should go riding!

Post a reply to: Sound Issues

The Latest