Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

Sully
3/20/2022 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2022 7:34pm
So, if there's some truth to the rumor, is KTM just not going to run a factory bike in MXGP this year, or are they going to put someone else on it since the title is already lost for them this year?
Roczoff
3/20/2022 7:43pm
I bet Plessinger would be cool with it.

Webb, not so much.
3/20/2022 9:08pm
Roczoff wrote:

Webb, not so much.
Might be able to get an EZ up from JMart to pit next the semi instead
Motofinne
3/20/2022 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2022 12:03am
Sully wrote:
So, if there's some truth to the rumor, is KTM just not going to run a factory bike in MXGP this year, or are they going...
So, if there's some truth to the rumor, is KTM just not going to run a factory bike in MXGP this year, or are they going to put someone else on it since the title is already lost for them this year?
This is the reason i just don't buy this story before i see a picture of him training on US soil. I don't understand how KTM could do a whole season without a top 450 GP rider.

The Shop

3/21/2022 1:35am
Press516 wrote:
Remember Hampshire going 1-1 in MX2 in 2017 at WW Ranch? At that point, he had never even won a single moto in the AMA outdoors...
Remember Hampshire going 1-1 in MX2 in 2017 at WW Ranch? At that point, he had never even won a single moto in the AMA outdoors. But he cleaned house on the "World" riders... For Hampshire to win, think what would have happened if Savatgy, Osborne, Cianciarulo, J-Mart, A-Mart, Plessinger and even Nichols were running that race, where would the "Worlds" best have finished??? Yeah, yeah, the age rules, etc....

Or Anderson at Maggiora? Beat the "World" riders, including Herlings in his first moto before he had ever won an AMA outdoors moto. The US team was robbed on that day, but hey you have to do it on the track and after the incident, he couldn't ride moto 2.

These dudes are fast on both sides of the pond... PERIOD. But if a single selected event is your standard, that standard can be destroyed in an instant.
Anderson at Maggiorra- it’s easily forgotten that in that race, Herlings started mid pack, made passes up to 2nd, caught Anderson and then went down.

Jason got lucky with that win.
Motofinne
3/21/2022 1:38am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2022 1:40am
Roczoff wrote:

Webb, not so much.
Why would Webb not be cool with it? He has never done anything special on a 450 in an outdoor series (Note, series. Not one off races here and there). I don't think he could afford to be upset if Herlings comes over to the nationals, and i actually think these two are on pretty good terms.

Snapper
3/21/2022 2:26am
It wouldn't surprise me if there were more orange bikes on the line in the 450 class this summer at all.
3/21/2022 5:53am
RaceFace58 wrote:
I agree it’s a shame but at the same time the rules have continued to be changed to stack the deck against the US teams.
Bump

I am looking forward to learning about those rule changes that makes it harder for Team USA at the MXoN.
I didn't say it, but the timing for the last several years has definitely benefited the MXGP guys. On top of that, red bud did changes to the track that took some of the advantage we would of had away.

With all the said, I don't really think any of that is a valid excuse. At this time, our guys just don't have the same amount of time on mx as the rest of the world. I feel confident if MX was our focus year round we would be significantly closer to the EUROS.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/21/2022 6:57am
lostboy819 wrote:
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash...
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash the nationals, not like I would go find a web forum in the UK to talk shit about the MXGPs
vet40 wrote:
Hey I have no idea who this Geoff guy is. Maybe we share a similar opinion. Tbh I’ve been in the game a while & my...
Hey I have no idea who this Geoff guy is. Maybe we share a similar opinion. Tbh I’ve been in the game a while & my opinions come from Chatting to friends within the sport. I expect most don’t bother to mention within vital from our part of the world. So you consider it trolling.

I’ve always maintained my respect towards USA riders. I just think they are wasting their potential staying within national series, both mx & sx.

So you've been in the game a long time and have connections inside the sport, but you "have no idea who this Geoff guy is"? You're lying about one or the other.
Leave Us To
3/21/2022 3:11pm
I didn't say it, but the timing for the last several years has definitely benefited the MXGP guys. On top of that, red bud did changes...
I didn't say it, but the timing for the last several years has definitely benefited the MXGP guys. On top of that, red bud did changes to the track that took some of the advantage we would of had away.

With all the said, I don't really think any of that is a valid excuse. At this time, our guys just don't have the same amount of time on mx as the rest of the world. I feel confident if MX was our focus year round we would be significantly closer to the EUROS.
Hopefully it will be dry at Red Bud, the track will suit the Americans and we'll have a show down.

Your point about lack of focus on MX by American riders is spot on and reflects reality. Funny American fans can't be content with American racers owning SX so these who's fastest in MX debates go on forever.
NorCal1975
3/21/2022 6:21pm
Anderson at Maggiorra- it’s easily forgotten that in that race, Herlings started mid pack, made passes up to 2nd, caught Anderson and then went down. Jason...
Anderson at Maggiorra- it’s easily forgotten that in that race, Herlings started mid pack, made passes up to 2nd, caught Anderson and then went down.

I wouldn't say lucky, starts are a part of racing right? And don't forget Anderson was racing on a broken foot. Pretty great performance on his part...
Shaft721
3/21/2022 6:32pm
Press516 wrote:
Remember Hampshire going 1-1 in MX2 in 2017 at WW Ranch? At that point, he had never even won a single moto in the AMA outdoors...
Remember Hampshire going 1-1 in MX2 in 2017 at WW Ranch? At that point, he had never even won a single moto in the AMA outdoors. But he cleaned house on the "World" riders... For Hampshire to win, think what would have happened if Savatgy, Osborne, Cianciarulo, J-Mart, A-Mart, Plessinger and even Nichols were running that race, where would the "Worlds" best have finished??? Yeah, yeah, the age rules, etc....

Or Anderson at Maggiora? Beat the "World" riders, including Herlings in his first moto before he had ever won an AMA outdoors moto. The US team was robbed on that day, but hey you have to do it on the track and after the incident, he couldn't ride moto 2.

These dudes are fast on both sides of the pond... PERIOD. But if a single selected event is your standard, that standard can be destroyed in an instant.
Anderson at Maggiorra- it’s easily forgotten that in that race, Herlings started mid pack, made passes up to 2nd, caught Anderson and then went down. Jason...

Lucky with a broken leg? Don’t forget it was only his second race back after being injured that year.

All of us guys in the US know Herlings is fast, you guys just act like he’s god like and can’t be beat when tomac/Anderson/Webb have all beat him.

He’s not RC fast, never will be.
gantry25
3/23/2022 8:24am
lostboy819 wrote:
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash...
No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash the nationals, not like I would go find a web forum in the UK to talk shit about the MXGPs
vet40 wrote:
Hey I have no idea who this Geoff guy is. Maybe we share a similar opinion. Tbh I’ve been in the game a while & my...
Hey I have no idea who this Geoff guy is. Maybe we share a similar opinion. Tbh I’ve been in the game a while & my opinions come from Chatting to friends within the sport. I expect most don’t bother to mention within vital from our part of the world. So you consider it trolling.

I’ve always maintained my respect towards USA riders. I just think they are wasting their potential staying within national series, both mx & sx.

MXGP is pretty much just a European series, not a world series. No event anywhere in North America? MXGP is no more prestigious than are the AMA nationals.
theToothPerry
3/23/2022 8:53am
gantry25 wrote:
MXGP is pretty much just a European series, not a world series. No event anywhere in North America? MXGP is no more prestigious than are the...
MXGP is pretty much just a European series, not a world series. No event anywhere in North America? MXGP is no more prestigious than are the AMA nationals.
Didn't know the last round in Argentina, was also in Europe. The more you know.
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/23/2022 9:14am
These guys spend the first 15 minutes of this podcast talking about how the flyaway races are basically a failure and the best solution is to just take 1 gate and make the start narrower so it's not as embarrassing to have 15 guys on the line.
https://racerxonline.com/2022/03/22/gp-report-mxgp-of-patagonia-argenti…
gantry25
3/23/2022 9:52am
gantry25 wrote:
MXGP is pretty much just a European series, not a world series. No event anywhere in North America? MXGP is no more prestigious than are the...
That's why I said "pretty much". Argentina and the middle east rounds don't add up to much.
Bidirella
3/23/2022 10:09am
Motofinne wrote:
This is the reason i just don't buy this story before i see a picture of him training on US soil. I don't understand how KTM...
This is the reason i just don't buy this story before i see a picture of him training on US soil. I don't understand how KTM could do a whole season without a top 450 GP rider.
That’s the risk they took with how they planned their team efforts. With Di Carli going GasGas and Standing doing the Husqvarna thing, there was only Herlings left as a KTM rider.

With the history of Herlings they should have known and i think it’s calculated, that their might be a change there he gets injured and their would be no KTM on a track if they didn’t sign a second guy.

With Prado and Jonass doing well for the KTM Group and even Olsen on a real KTM is doing allot better. I don’t think they would have a big problem with it. Like I said only 1 Factory KTM rider isn’t much.

I’m just guessing, why are they not pulling Olsen over for those rounds?
gantry25
3/23/2022 10:41am
Sully wrote:
So, if there's some truth to the rumor, is KTM just not going to run a factory bike in MXGP this year, or are they going...
Motofinne wrote:
This is the reason i just don't buy this story before i see a picture of him training on US soil. I don't understand how KTM...
Just think if Herlings has a chance to train in the US, especially when considering what he did in one weekend here. I know it was only one weekend but damn.

Post a reply to: Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

The Latest