Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2022 10:11 AM

Leave Us To wrote:

You've made your point it is all about money to you and for some riders.
Glad LaPorte, Hansen, Bailey, and Sun felt ...more

mxb2 wrote:

Not my life, career, And make sure you tell jett kroc ac etc to sign for less next year at contract time, and tell your boss ...more

vet40 wrote:

The best riders with MXGP will be multi millionaires just like in AMA.

So why your plucking 50k out the sky is a bit ...more

Lol ok man.

|

3/17/2022 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2022 11:27 AM

mxb2 wrote:

The careers for the top guys to be champs isnt that long, get as many wins, titles money , etc as possible .You always. say it ...more

People respond to your 50K comment about MXGP riders and you reply using American riders? Way to really make a point.

Why did Sun, Hansen, Bailey and LaPorte go to the MXdN in 1981 since they weren't getting any points or purse money?

|

3/17/2022 2:22 PM

vet40 wrote:

Which is a big shame.

Lots of you guys think it’s trolling when we mention US riders are national riders. But it’s isn’t ...more

mxb2 wrote:

The careers for the top guys to be champs isnt that long, get as many wins, titles money , etc as possible .You always. say it ...more

Leave Us To wrote:

People respond to your 50K comment about MXGP riders and you reply using American riders? Way to really make a point.

Why did ...more

Point was. Top dudes can survive without millions but choose to take the big money. , Everybody would including you and me. And the 81 team assuming they all wanted to go race dirt bikes, that the bosses approved and paid for.

|

3/17/2022 9:54 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Point was. Top dudes can survive without millions but choose to take the big money. , Everybody would including you and me. ...more

Well that sure clarifies things.

|

3/17/2022 11:11 PM

Joshracing wrote:

Why on Earth would he want to go and race a National Series, over the World Champs? He might as well race the Dutch ...more

Ya, beating 18-19 guys every week sound way better than trying to beat 39 guys…..

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

3/17/2022 11:17 PM

Leave Us To wrote:

People respond to your 50K comment about MXGP riders and you reply using American riders? Way to really make a point.

Why did ...more

mxb2 wrote:

Point was. Top dudes can survive without millions but choose to take the big money. , Everybody would including you and me. ...more

Leave Us To wrote:

Well that sure clarifies things.

Yep

|

3/18/2022 9:33 AM

Rumor in Noord-Brabant is that he is already looking at rental houses to stay..

|

3/18/2022 11:02 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Not my life, career, And make sure you tell jett kroc ac etc to sign for less next year at contract time, and tell your boss ...more

vet40 wrote:

The best riders with MXGP will be multi millionaires just like in AMA.

So why your plucking 50k out the sky is a bit ...more

mxb2 wrote:

Lol ok man.

I think vet40 is just one of MXgeoffs other user names because he's such a troll. laughing

|

3/18/2022 11:14 AM

ProbablyDave wrote:

They should let Herlings race the AMA series just to end this stupid fucking MXGP vs AMA debate.

Wait... I can see it now... ...more

I love that you think it would end the debate. In reality, no matter what happened, both AMA and MXGP zealots would find reasons why their series is better. Whoever "lost" would find instances of bad luck, injuries, etc that explain why their superior rider didn't win.

|

3/18/2022 11:29 AM

lostboy819 wrote:

I think vet40 is just one of MXgeoffs other user names because he's such a troll. laughing

Interesting if you aren't a complete AMA fanboy you get acccused of having multiple accounts or in this case, being someone else.

|

3/18/2022 11:35 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Lol ok man.

lostboy819 wrote:

I think vet40 is just one of MXgeoffs other user names because he's such a troll. laughing

Leave Us To wrote:

Interesting if you aren't a complete AMA fanboy you get acccused of having multiple accounts or in this case, being someone ...more

No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to bash the nationals, not like I would go find a web forum in the UK to talk shit about the MXGPs

|

3/18/2022 11:40 AM

lostboy819 wrote:

No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to ...more

I haven't seen any bashing only non US posters sharing their opinions. philG is always a voice of reason I have noticed.

|

3/18/2022 4:21 PM

sebastianer wrote:

Does anyone know if he has any intentions to go to USA this year to race ? MXGP is over for him so this must be the best time ...more

Photo
|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Youtube

3/18/2022 4:47 PM

LVB107 wrote:

Rumor in Noord-Brabant is that he is already looking at rental houses to stay..

Haha so noone has picked up on this yet smile

|

3/18/2022 4:57 PM

LVB107 wrote:

Rumor in Noord-Brabant is that he is already looking at rental houses to stay..

sjodin73 wrote:

Haha so noone has picked up on this yet smile

I believe LVB is pretty damn plugged in over there. Interesting rumor for sure..

|

3/18/2022 9:16 PM

LVB107 wrote:

Rumor in Noord-Brabant is that he is already looking at rental houses to stay..

Then it’s time to get your gearbag ready and hit a couple rounds this summer with your buddy! lol

|

3/18/2022 10:46 PM

I know Herlings has a bunch of sponsors, not sure how many of them are Euro specific. But..... if you are KTM or Redbull, do you get more international interest and eyeballs having Herlings contend for the AMA national title (assuming the MXGP title is out of reach??) I think they would get WAY more exposure overall from both sides of the ocean lettings Herlings contend for a title here IMO.

Of course this all may be a moot point with how his contracts are structured, but would be really cool to see.

|

3/19/2022 1:45 AM

LVB107 wrote:

Rumor in Noord-Brabant is that he is already looking at rental houses to stay..

sjodin73 wrote:

Haha so noone has picked up on this yet smile

USA wrote:

I believe LVB is pretty damn plugged in over there. Interesting rumor for sure..

I don't believe it...

|

3/19/2022 3:39 AM

lostboy819 wrote:

No, its more like posting style. Not sure why people from across the pond think they need to come to an American Web forum to ...more

Hey I have no idea who this Geoff guy is. Maybe we share a similar opinion. Tbh I’ve been in the game a while & my opinions come from Chatting to friends within the sport. I expect most don’t bother to mention within vital from our part of the world. So you consider it trolling.

I’ve always maintained my respect towards USA riders. I just think they are wasting their potential staying within national series, both mx & sx.



|

3/19/2022 4:22 AM

Daniel Blair, on his Friday night show on Patreon just said the talk in pits in Indy Friday was that KTM was putting together a deal for JH to race the full series.

|

3/19/2022 4:27 AM

motoxxx599 wrote:

Daniel Blair, on his Friday night show on Patreon just said the talk in pits in Indy Friday was that KTM was putting together ...more

That would be awesome, but excuse me while I choke down this giant grain of salt.

|

3/19/2022 7:26 AM

Would love to see it. He would obviously win a lot of races, but would need to keep it on two wheels for any chance of a championship

|

3/19/2022 7:38 AM

fourfourone wrote:

The US hasn't given a shit about the MXDN for years.

vet40 wrote:

Which is a big shame.

Lots of you guys think it’s trolling when we mention US riders are national riders. But it’s isn’t ...more

I agree it’s a shame but at the same time the rules have continued to be changed to stack the deck against the US teams.

|

3/19/2022 10:41 AM

RaceFace58 wrote:

I agree it’s a shame but at the same time the rules have continued to be changed to stack the deck against the US teams.

How so?

|

3/20/2022 9:41 AM

Bump, wanna hear more gossip and rumours from the weekend

|

3/20/2022 10:47 AM

RaceFace58 wrote:

I agree it’s a shame but at the same time the rules have continued to be changed to stack the deck against the US teams.

Bump

I am looking forward to learning about those rule changes that makes it harder for Team USA at the MXoN.

|

3/20/2022 1:19 PM

sjodin73 wrote:

Haha so noone has picked up on this yet smile

USA wrote:

I believe LVB is pretty damn plugged in over there. Interesting rumor for sure..

Arofin wrote:

I don't believe it...

All depends on the recovery.. Plans are there..

|

3/20/2022 3:53 PM

I have seen Herlings and Tomac both race in person. Herlings is faster but crashes to much in my opinion. Tomac would outrun him for the series. My question is why does everyone want to see the GP riders come to America ? How cool would it be if Barcia or Plessinger races the GP series ?

|

3/20/2022 4:31 PM

USA wrote:

I believe LVB is pretty damn plugged in over there. Interesting rumor for sure..

Arofin wrote:

I don't believe it...

LVB107 wrote:

All depends on the recovery.. Plans are there..

I’m getting a little too excited…

|

3/20/2022 5:09 PM

Please sweet baby moto Jesus let this happen lol

|