Related:
Create New Tag
cable cable
3/14/2022 8:05 PM
bens152 wrote:

It would be really cool. I ...more

sjodin73 wrote:

Once again watch ironman ...more

wasnt there a backstory on what frame and swingarm he could use. they were going to let him slide with euro spec? How would anyone know if he used a euro frame? do they really check if not protested?

mxb2 mxb2
3/14/2022 8:06 PM

Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, florida mxgp glen helen helen mxgp lol. Ironic. 5 years ago, ironman and do you really think ferrandis isnt better than he was when he races mxgp s. Alot better. And coldenhoff won mxon red bud in a race. Credit to him. List how many races he actually won that year in his series.

Gary Duck Gary Duck
3/14/2022 8:26 PM

^^Now the US vs. MXGP thread is complete

Dirt.Squirt Dirt.Squirt
3/14/2022 9:03 PM
sebastianer wrote:

Does anyone know if he has ...more

soggy wrote:

Let’s chill on Tomac going ...more

Yeah ferrandis will have something to say about that

TbonesPop TbonesPop
3/14/2022 9:46 PM
sebastianer wrote:

soggy wrote:

I know, Ferrandis just took his shirt off.

Joe Ripper Joe Ripper
3/14/2022 9:52 PM
sebastianer wrote:

soggy wrote:

There's a good chance Yamaha goes 24-0... Not likely but still a decent chance. If it wasn't for the Lawrence brothers that statement could be true for both classes.

NorCalRedRyder NorCalRedRyder
3/14/2022 10:20 PM

Ya I don't think coming off an injury would be the time to come challenge TFMFOTP Tomac right now. Would definetly watch though.

Joshracing Joshracing
3/14/2022 11:23 PM

Why on Earth would he want to go and race a National Series, over the World Champs? He might as well race the Dutch Championships and be close to home. Jeffrey wouldn't waste his time on this. It's beneath him.

Sandusky26 Sandusky26
3/14/2022 11:30 PM
Joshracing wrote:

Why on Earth would he want ...more

This fuckin guy.

vet40 vet40
3/15/2022 12:30 AM
Bidirella wrote:

Do You remember how he ...more

Yes I do, was last to first thou wasn’t it.

But that was the final round, there was only a couple fast guys left in the series, Eli was on cruise control after he binned it. But yeah it was a very cool day.

But if you think that will happen from round one with a fully fit class, Eli & Ferrandis on form, not so sure.

KiwiBermRailer KiwiBermRailer
3/15/2022 12:38 AM
vet40 wrote:

Other then the obvious ...more

Bidirella wrote:

Do You remember how he ...more

Yes and who did he beat… the 24-0 man bahaha.

Motofinne Motofinne
3/15/2022 12:40 AM
DonM wrote:

He’s contracted to race GP ...more

agn5008 wrote:

You don’t think a guy like ...more

You know what, i really don't think he would have that pull at the moment. He's KTMs only 450 rider. Things might be different if Cairoli would've raced this year too but with Herlings being the only 450 rider, i don't think doing the US Nationals is an option.

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

EnvyMedia EnvyMedia
3/15/2022 1:40 AM
fanger wrote:

Why go out of his comfort ...more

Wouldn’t MXGP be the lower tier series if he still has a shot at the title after missing 3+ rounds if onky the rest has a couple of bad races? unsure

davis224 davis224
3/15/2022 3:13 AM
mxb2 wrote:

Funny the euro fans always ...more

Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more often than not lately, we get beat. Yes Ferrandis is better now than he was in MXGP, but until he lines up at a GP or MXoN, we have no data to go off of. Shouldn't Coldenhoff's win mean the opposite of what you're trying to say? Their 5th-ish place guy was on a different level than our best that day.

Do I think Tomac could run with/beat Herlings at times? Yes. But until he actually does it, it's just a thought.

RaceFace58 RaceFace58
3/15/2022 4:25 AM

This whole euro vs US thing. All I will ask the GP side is give me one significant bike handling technique that the euros have created in the last 30 years. Example: scrub, brake tap in the air etc. Just one.

flarider flarider
3/15/2022 4:35 AM

Should Tomac go race MXGP this year?

Just a nobody who never was anybody.

Dirt_Dawg Dirt_Dawg
3/15/2022 4:44 AM

Herlings dont want none of that smoke.
Photo

agn5008 agn5008
3/15/2022 5:27 AM
flarider wrote:

Should Tomac go race MXGP ...more

Tomac’s not hurt and missing part of the championship he’s supposed to be competing in. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Are you seriously this dense. People are saying since Herlings is missing multiple rounds of the MXGP series (most likely killing his chances at the title) it would be cool to see him come here and chase the title.

Now you can stop repeating the same question over and over again.

flarider flarider
3/15/2022 5:36 AM
flarider wrote:

agn5008 wrote:

Tomac’s not hurt and ...more

You're missing the point.

Who does Tomac work for? Who is his contract with and to do what?

Who does Herlings work for? Who is his contract with and to do what?

I do not mean to sound condescending, but some of y'all seem to think riders on either side can just do as they please. If Herlings is well enough to race in the US, I am sure his sponsors would like to see him fulfill his contractual obligations at home.

One-offs during off season is one thing, but mid-season one-off's.....no

vet40 vet40
3/15/2022 5:45 AM
RaceFace58 wrote:

This whole euro vs US ...more

It’s just the ability to flow fast in less then ideal conditions.

US riders are as fast as anyone on their tracks. But GP’s offer more diversity, the sand is bottomless & gets rediculously rough, the tight hill hard pack requires more throttle control, then it’s more likely to rain etc

The way Coldenhoff rode Red Bud was like any other practice day at home during the off season, finding flow in deep heavy conditions.

Barcia was like “oh they made it all euro” when I’m reality all that happened way conditions were wet & you weren’t used to it. The euro’s were.

Even Bagget said post Ironman, We need to go to Europe & train.

mxb2 mxb2
3/15/2022 5:48 AM
RaceFace58 wrote:

vet40 wrote:

It’s just the ability to ...more

And how many othen races did coldenhoff win that year, pretty sure. Zero. He rode great at mxon, but what else has he won? And anstie is a mxon winner, what has he done is the usa series, sx, mx. Not a whole lot.

agn5008 agn5008
3/15/2022 6:05 AM
flarider wrote:

agn5008 wrote:

flarider wrote:

...more

No… you’re missing the point. Most of us understand it probably won’t happen and the contract issue is a major reason why. But that doesn’t mean that’s going to stop us from discussing how cool it would be.

You keep bringing Tomac into it like it’s even somewhat of a comparable situation. You’re not understanding that this wouldn’t even be a discussion if Herlings wasn’t injured and was currently racing his respective series. It’s a valid and fun discussion to have.

Blackdog89 Blackdog89
3/15/2022 6:06 AM

If redbud is dry and fast... usa are favourites, always will be as that's the style they ride, unfortunately in the past years the tracks seem muddy or to rough for usa to handle.

westeast westeast
3/15/2022 6:15 AM

Herlings said it himself after Webb beat him in Charlotte. These are one offs. They'd have to line up together for a series or even multiple series to get an idea of who the best is. Until then we can only speculate.

I think a Tomac at the top of his game and a 2021 DF would keep it close to Herlings. Anyone of them could take the overall. What if Tomac went to the MXGP? He tends to be at his best relative to other riders when the track is broken down and rough. Maybe he'd be even better over there. We'll probably never know.

GrapeApe GrapeApe
3/15/2022 6:17 AM
flarider wrote:

agn5008 wrote:

flarider wrote:

...more

Nobody is talking about one-offs, the idea would be to race the full series. You understand why this is even a question, right?

Jason XCmtb Jason XCmtb
3/15/2022 6:19 AM
RaceFace58 wrote:

Corner speed. I remember when Herlings cleaned up at Ironman, most of the comments I read from the US fans were about his insane speed and momentum through the corners. Might not be a new technique but right now it's the biggest difference between US and GP riders, and counts more than anything else in outdoors racing.

flarider flarider
3/15/2022 6:26 AM

I thought the discussion was select events.

That said, his contract is still in Europe, right?

davis224 davis224
3/15/2022 7:17 AM
RaceFace58 wrote:

I just strained my neck from that unexpected goalpost move. They've taken moves like the scrub, perfected them, and smoothed everything else out.

ayearinmx ayearinmx
3/15/2022 7:37 AM

No semis...eh? Photo

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

ProbablyDave ProbablyDave
3/15/2022 7:43 AM

They should let Herlings race the AMA series just to end this stupid fucking MXGP vs AMA debate.

Wait... I can see it now... if Herlings loses, he wasn't in his prime, he needed a year to adapt, blah blah blah. If Herlings wins, Tomac was focussing on being a Dad, the field was depleted, blah blah blah.

btn
btn
2 of 7

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry