Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

zachsmotoing
3/15/2022 7:48am
What do you mean by premier? Premier talent or premier show/money. Cause you could argue talent all day either way because there’s no concrete argument one way or another because they don’t race each other . But if you’re arguing premier show/popularity/money I’d say it has to be the U.S.
mxb2
3/15/2022 7:53am
mxb2 wrote:
Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, florida mxgp glen...
Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, florida mxgp glen helen helen mxgp lol. Ironic. 5 years ago, ironman and do you really think ferrandis isnt better than he was when he races mxgp s. Alot better. And coldenhoff won mxon red bud in a race. Credit to him. List how many races he actually won that year in his series.
davis224 wrote:
Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more often...
Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more often than not lately, we get beat. Yes Ferrandis is better now than he was in MXGP, but until he lines up at a GP or MXoN, we have no data to go off of. Shouldn't Coldenhoff's win mean the opposite of what you're trying to say? Their 5th-ish place guy was on a different level than our best that day.

Do I think Tomac could run with/beat Herlings at times? Yes. But until he actually does it, it's just a thought.

He already has.
Yep, and gajser, febvre,cairoli,anstie. Etc.
3/15/2022 8:02am
Or should Kawasaki let Romain febvre ride AMA motocross ? AC would not be ready for outdoors? i dont know but that knee injury is like 4-6 months healing time ? I think it would be even less likely then Herlings to get him over but it would be cool to have them both racing outdoors this summer.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
3/15/2022 8:03am
The whole Iron Man this, Iron Man that gets a bit old... The Herlings nut huggers forget that Tomac beat him by 28 seconds a few weeks later at WW Ranch.

They would be 2 of the 3 fastest guys on the track in any outdoor motocross series. Neither would dominate the other and it would be an absolute delight to see them race a series against each other. I'm a Gajser fan, but have no animosity towards Herlings at all, just his idiot fans... In fact, I love the speed the guy has.

The "nationals is lower tier" BS shows your ignorance.

Let the downvotes flow...

The Shop

Bearuno
3/15/2022 8:08am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2022 8:10am
kb228 : "Do you see huge factory support semis in the GPs? No... "

Yes, you do.

You might want to take a look at the GP pits, sometime, sport. Perhaps you've only seen the 'fly away' pits - but, even they are pretty impressive. Their 'crating' of both bikes and work stations are just superb examples of 'getting it done'.

Do some research / look at the series you are commenting on.

These GPs vs US Nationals threads are just pathetic and, childish. And, seemingly, never ending. Whistling

3/15/2022 9:01am
ayearinmx wrote:
No semis...eh? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/15/538287/s1200_IMG_20220305_093144.jpg[/img]
No semis...eh?
Didn’t you know the entirety of Europe is made of roads only suitable for 1950’s minis?
spojetski
Fantasy
270th
3/15/2022 9:35am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2022 9:36am
"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as you need before the answer flashes.
vet40
3/15/2022 9:54am
Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title.

Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title, does anyone really care that much ? Will you be telling your grandkids about it?

Or one of these guys learns how to ride euro tracks aswell & goes and dominates Herlings, Gajser & co in their own back yard. That’s something you wouldn’t forget.

early
Fantasy
2212th
3/15/2022 9:58am
vet40 wrote:
Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title. Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title...

Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title, does anyone really care that much ? Will you be telling your grandkids about it?

Or one of these guys learns how to ride euro tracks aswell & goes and dominates Herlings, Gajser & co in their own back yard. That’s something you wouldn’t forget.

Webb, Tomac, and Anderson are all World Champions
fourfourone
3/15/2022 10:00am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2022 10:03am
vet40 wrote:
Best way to end these debates is for a US elite rider to go win a world title. Copper Webb, Tomac, Anderson win another Sx title...

You can't discredit SX that much. How can you say no one will care lol. Many people consider it the premier title to get over GP and US outdoors. not saying that's my opinion but this had been said many times. Even ET3 said he wants the SX title over outdoors. Plenty of GP riders have come over here to try and make it in SX. Same can't be said about SX/US outdoors riders wanting to go a Race GPs.

This is coming from someone who 10000% prefers watching motocross in general over SX.
Titan1
3/15/2022 10:01am
spojetski wrote:
"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as you...
"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as you need before the answer flashes.
Because he wants to race the other half of the best riders in the world...and they race here.
mx317
3/15/2022 10:09am
spojetski wrote:
"Why is a five time - and current - WORLD champion not riding our NATIONAL championship ?". Now read it loud, as many time as you...
Because the USA national championships do not compare to national championships in other countries. How many times has a rider moved to another country to compete in their national championship? It has happened here many many times. Also, the USA sells a lot of bikes and companies want their bikes out front in hopes it will increase sales. I hate to say this being "Merican" and all, but it seems the GPs may have surpassed our nationals in recent years.
vet40
3/15/2022 10:11am
You can't discredit SX that much. How can you say no one will care lol. Many people consider it the premier title to get over GP...
You can't discredit SX that much. How can you say no one will care lol. Many people consider it the premier title to get over GP and US outdoors. not saying that's my opinion but this had been said many times. Even ET3 said he wants the SX title over outdoors. Plenty of GP riders have come over here to try and make it in SX. Same can't be said about SX/US outdoors riders wanting to go a Race GPs.

This is coming from someone who 10000% prefers watching motocross in general over SX.
Yeah sure, I’m the past the situations have been different.

MXGP hasn’t always been as strong, SX hasn’t always been such a meat grinder.

But let’s think presently. Right now the premier competition is MXGP, it’s the greatest test of a rider.

The talent of the riders, the standard of the bikes nowadays has outgrown what a stadium track can offer. Sx has plateaued.

MXGP has far more potential, if a US elite rider went and won a championship the sport would be elevated for everyone involved.

The bragging rights would also be unreal.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
3/15/2022 10:21am
mxb2 wrote:
Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, florida mxgp glen...
Funny the euro fans always say, quit living in the past, mxon. Lately, but cant let 2017 ironman go but forget charlotte mxgp, florida mxgp glen helen helen mxgp lol. Ironic. 5 years ago, ironman and do you really think ferrandis isnt better than he was when he races mxgp s. Alot better. And coldenhoff won mxon red bud in a race. Credit to him. List how many races he actually won that year in his series.
davis224 wrote:
Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more often...
Because it was pretty damn impressive and it won a lot of people's respect. All you can go off of is race results, and more often than not lately, we get beat. Yes Ferrandis is better now than he was in MXGP, but until he lines up at a GP or MXoN, we have no data to go off of. Shouldn't Coldenhoff's win mean the opposite of what you're trying to say? Their 5th-ish place guy was on a different level than our best that day.

Do I think Tomac could run with/beat Herlings at times? Yes. But until he actually does it, it's just a thought.

He already has.
When was the last time he beat Herlings? I've beaten some people on the gate last weekend in the past, but I don't believe I could come close to qualifying today.
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/15/2022 10:34am
A world championship held in one country. Lol
A World Championship held without some of the worlds best MX riders. Lol
Leave Us To
3/15/2022 12:33pm
RaceFace58 wrote:
This whole euro vs US thing. All I will ask the GP side is give me one significant bike handling technique that the euros have created...
This whole euro vs US thing. All I will ask the GP side is give me one significant bike handling technique that the euros have created in the last 30 years. Example: scrub, brake tap in the air etc. Just one.
Please give it a rest with the "my American dad's faster than your French dad" stuff. Think we're on day 3 at least.

On topic, depending on when Herlings can return to MXGP, the OP raises a good question. If it was any other manufacturer than KTM I would say no way this could ever happen (different budgets, bonuses, etc) but given it is KTM, nothing they do suprises me. What a company!
3/15/2022 12:46pm
Why do these threads always have to turn into pissing contests? I just think it would be interesting as hell if Herlings did come to the US for the entire outdoor series.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2816th
3/15/2022 12:56pm
spojetski wrote:
So will the FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP be the premier supercross series since it has 'world' in it? A name of a series means nothing.
Titan1
3/15/2022 1:38pm
I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face it, if America had dominated the mxdn every year the past 10 years, like they largely did the 10 years before, this wouldn't be debated. Am I right? Or is there something else?

And if so, doesn't America still have more MXdN wins than any other country? So if it is MXdN wins that matter...then isn't America still the best motocross country in the world?

Oh, but they haven't been recent wins...okay...how many years does America have to win before it matters? One year? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?
mxb2
3/15/2022 1:42pm
Titan1 wrote:
I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face...
I assume its MXdN victories (and America's 10 year drought in winning the event) that lead some to believe that the MXGP is the premier series-face it, if America had dominated the mxdn every year the past 10 years, like they largely did the 10 years before, this wouldn't be debated. Am I right? Or is there something else?

And if so, doesn't America still have more MXdN wins than any other country? So if it is MXdN wins that matter...then isn't America still the best motocross country in the world?

Oh, but they haven't been recent wins...okay...how many years does America have to win before it matters? One year? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?
But but but. Quit living in the past. Lol. Ironic 5 year old race is mentioned each herlings post lol.
Leave Us To
3/15/2022 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2022 2:36pm
The US hasn't given a shit about the MXDN for years.
Sounds like sour grapes in view of US not winning since 2011. I am not sure of much but I am sure your post would read differently if US had been dominating.

Post a reply to: Sould Herlings go for AMA motocross this year ?

The Latest